Spawn Bug fix

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Spawn Bug fix

Postby Gryphon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 pm

I don't know LUA code, so I don't know exactly how a spawn bug works, but here's how it stops.

A spawn-bug continues for as long as someone on the effected team is trying to spawn.
In other words, it stops if everyone on the effected team stops trying to spawn.
It's pretty simple, but the more who know this the better.

One thing can kill this, and that's an inactive player, usually having gone afk the moment they spotted the spawn-bug.
An inactivity sensor would fix this, but I don't know if SWGO can implement this.
War is the cowardly way of attempting to solve the difficulties of peace. - Thomas Jefferson
Gryphon
Community Member

Re: Spawn Bug fix

Postby TaTerToT » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Spawn Bugs are mostly caused by people being kicked, so most of the time there will be an admin online to restart the map.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby Talon Karrde » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:39 am

Gryphon wrote:I don't know LUA code, so I don't know exactly how a spawn bug works, but here's how it stops.

A spawn-bug continues for as long as someone on the effected team is trying to spawn.
In other words, it stops if everyone on the effected team stops trying to spawn.

One thing can kill this, and that's an inactive player, usually having gone afk the moment they spotted the spawn-bug.
An inactivity sensor would fix this, but I don't know if SWGO can implement this.

Well, most of the time spawn bugs are impossible to fix because all players won't listen to a random person telling them to stop spawning to fix it. Best thing to do is to simply announce it and if an admin is on, they'll advance the map.

Spawn bugs happen a lot on HA since there's a higher incidence of troublemakers and us having to discipline them. It's an unfortunate side effect of being one of the more popular Assault servers in SWBF2, I imagine.
"Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry."
Talon Karrde
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: lolnewb
Steam ID: Keirnoth

Postby Matt-Chicago » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:11 pm

All the "Player 1" cause this too :(
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby theavengers85 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:40 am

Talon Karrde wrote:
Gryphon wrote:I don't know LUA code, so I don't know exactly how a spawn bug works, but here's how it stops.

Well, most of the time spawn bugs are impossible to fix because all players won't listen to a random person telling them to stop spawning to fix it. Best thing to do is to simply announce it and if an admin is on, they'll advance the map.

Spawn bugs happen a lot on HA since there's a higher incidence of troublemakers and us having to discipline them. It's an unfortunate side effect of being one of the more popular Assault servers in SWBF2, I imagine.

Oh is that why?! Ah, now it makes sense.

Well, you learn something new every day.
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby Gryphon » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:40 pm

I realise perfectly well what the best option is. Often, however, there isn't an admin on, so that option isn't actually available.
This was simply a post to help in the odd situation which can be fixed through this.
War is the cowardly way of attempting to solve the difficulties of peace. - Thomas Jefferson
Gryphon
Community Member

Postby Talon Karrde » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Gryphon wrote:I realise perfectly well what the best option is. Often, however, there isn't an admin on, so that option isn't actually available.
This was simply a post to help in the odd situation which can be fixed through this.

Oh, I know and that's understandable. Just saying that in a server that is known for randoms, it's difficult. Good to have that information out there though.
"Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry."
Talon Karrde
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: lolnewb
Steam ID: Keirnoth

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II