Proposal

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Proposal

Postby FaiL.? » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 pm

I propose that we, SWGO, make the (SWGO)NYC server TK-On. I think that this would be a great idea to try out. We could take a vote/poll if you want. It is popular at, as I stated in a other thread, The New Republic, Dark and -AUS- servers. It would also be fun, and if we wanted to go further, make a GWL team sorta thing. Please don't dismiss this idea immediately, but think. Thx.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Re: Proposal

Postby Sir Bang » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Nice idea, but gut instinct says don't fix what ain't broke; NYC is in the top 10 most popular servers according to gametracker, this could change if it became TK-on. TK-on will also have to mean more admin time in-game due to the mass TKing that would occur.

As for GWL, we used to do those but stopped for some reason or another.
Last edited by Sir Bang on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Postby [m'kay] » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Yeah, clearly instead of continuing to provide a service that people enjoy, we should try to muscle in on territory that is already well worn. I already gave you like three reasons why this is a bad idea in the other topic, but I guess you know better.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:25 am

I used to be a staff member for GWL (trying to get more support from the EU side, and organising competitions) but I had to say that we were beginning to struggle to get much activity out of SWBFII. I left a while back. Now, they're trying to get their Anti-Cheat ready for Combat Arms, whilst fixing a few other things. This means that they're not concentrating on getting competition rolling again. Therefore there's no activity at all; even in their top game: Combat Arms.

If you want a competition, Hadrian, all that can be done is either SWGO or GMRZ create a new tournament, or a ladder system. If there's support, I'll lend a helping hand. However, it's been tried before.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Postby theavengers85 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:28 am

Anti-Cheat? I heard someone else that term, but they didn't define it.

What is it?
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 am

There was one for SWBF2 which would detect if anyone was using the 1.3 unofficial update because some say it gives an unfair advantage. It also detected if any other mods were installed. If your game was clean, you'd pass the anti-cheat and therefore the match would count. If you had a mod installed, you would fail and a staff member would investigate. There was much controversy over the anti-cheat programme: some thinking it was fantastic, and some thinking it was some kind of virus and that it took away some free will.

The one for Combat Arms is something similar. It detects if someone is using hacks.

It was compulsory for people to use these anti-cheat programmes during competition. Some say the SWBF2 anti-cheat was GWL's competition's downfall.

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Darth Crater » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:18 am

From what I could tell, by the time it became mandatory nobody was competing anyway.

I'd be willing to compete in Heroes again if somebody managed to set something up. That's not very likely, though.

To the main topic - don't think we really need to change anything.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:16 am

I'd like to know how you can say the 1.3 unofficial patch gives you an unfair advantage online. I'm just curious.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:27 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:I'd like to know how you can say the 1.3 unofficial patch gives you an unfair advantage online. I'm just curious.

Some people believed it was. The fake console lets you modify your field of view, doesn't it?

Anyway, all this anti-cheat stuff isn't on topic.

SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Doves » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:43 pm

GWL dropped swbf2 a while ago. I think the anti-cheat hurt GWL, but the thing that killed it is the inactivity of the game. ESL used to have an anti-cheat but that was dropped.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II