Star Wars First Assault.... Possibly a battlefront type game

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Star Wars First Assault.... Possibly a battlefront type game

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Ok guys, I know many of you are hard core battlefront fans just like me and that many of you have heard of this new game in battlefront3.net (yet, I will add the info here to inform you all).

Just recently my brother Omar was reading a thread at Kotaku of some guy saying there were two games lucasarts was developing. One was a battlefront type game and the other one was a game he couldn't even mention. Days later when Star Wars 1313 was announced, he admitted that was the game he couldn't comment. Therefore, his comments are probably true and there is a battefront type game being made. I will post my brother's email to battlefront3.net below:

LA registered First Assault domains and trademark related to a video-game. Considering the array of products from pencil sharpeners to comic books I think it`s something big. Perhaps bigger than 1313. I was looking around some Linked In profiles from Lucasarts employees and found this on Ben Retan’s page, a systems designer:

Current Title: Unannounced
• Player locomotion and weapons SCRUM pod leader
• Balancing weapon range, damage, functionality
• Setting move speed and determining navigation metrics
• Tuning controls for aim assistance on console controllers
• Setting up and maintaining animation tree
• Collaborating extensively with animators to ensure all animations and blending looks correct for both first and third person

Star Wars: 1313
• Worked to develop camera, cover and locomotion systems
• Rapidly iterated on early gameplay prototypes
• Part of team during concepting and prototyping phases

I believe that Star Wars First Assault is the second game in development at Lucasarts besides 1313. If it’s the FPS and it will have 3rd person view then this might be a game like Battlefront or Jedi Knight!
A lucasarts employee supposedly commented on Kotaku that they’re working on 2 games right now, Star Wars 1313 and a battlefront-type game which I think is First Assault.

Also, it is important to know that an image of the game cover has leaked!

Sadly, it seems it will only be sold for xbox live arcade but that doesn't mean it's going to be a crappy game. I'm sure anything they put out will have equall or better graphics that battlefront 2. Also, if you pay attention, the game cover seems to be a battle with stormtroopers in naboo!what do you guys think? is it the rebirth of the battlefront series? Will you play it? :gun_bandana: :action-smiley-043:
Last edited by CommanderOtto on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Star Wars First Assualt.... Possibly a battlefront type

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 pm

I'll believe it when I'm playing it.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Re: Star Wars First Assualt.... Possibly a battlefront type

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:53 pm

lol ok... well, you are right in a way. We have been dissapointed so many times now
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II