SWGO's Visit to Gameranger

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: SWGO's Visit to Gameranger

Postby Trigger » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:47 am

Your right, stupid question. I just stopped playing on Gameranger because the only good server was taken down and now there's no point to it. Like you, I'll now be waiting for Battlefront to come out
"Welcome to the Cantina, how may I help you?"

Aimer: "I'll Aim, you pull the Trigger"
Trigger: "Sounds good to me"
Trigger
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:35 pm

hey guys

good to see swgo is still alive and kicking in some way. Is there any way we can get an SWGO NYC server on gameranger? Seriously, there are tons of people playing with gameranger, but there isn't a single good server... all of them have crappy map rotations, TK-ON, some don't have heroes... it completely sucks.

the other issue i have seen is the complete lack of moderation.... no admins of any kind, so some annoying players keep coming back to spam the hell out of the chat with all sorts of childish insults.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Brazosgrad » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:24 am

Otto, my understanding is that there is no way to moderate any longer. If I am mistaken, someone please correct me.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby V4n1ty » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:31 pm

Brazosgrad wrote:Otto, my understanding is that there is no way to moderate any longer. If I am mistaken, someone please correct me.

You are correct. You can not use RM with any SWBF2 servers on GameRanger. GameRanger blocks incoming connections, that is why it is also impossible to get a GameRanger server on GameTracker. I am hosting a SWBF2 server on GameRanger similar to SWGO rules called "V4n1ty's Conquest 1.1 Good Ping". As it is currently down at the moment due to paypals exchange rate error. It will be back up tonight or tomorrow. I've also talked to Panama about this, if SWGO wanted dedicated servers I will gladly provide this community with 3-4 dedicated servers on GameMaster or GameRanger or even both.
V4n1ty
Community Member

Postby Trigger » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:23 am

I agree with Otto, if we make servers on Gameranger from the days before the shutdown, it's sure to bring lots of players. But then there's the problem with moderation. People like Wise2thelies will just come on the server and wall glitch till they drive everyone crazy, and there would be nothing you could do about it
"Welcome to the Cantina, how may I help you?"

Aimer: "I'll Aim, you pull the Trigger"
Trigger: "Sounds good to me"
Trigger
Community Member

Postby deadmeow » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:42 am

You could always have a small SWGO server with limited slots on gameranger that points/advertises to a "main" server on Gamemaster. I don't play very often, but when I do, there are a good amount of people on both gameranger and Gamemaster, with the difference being lack of good servers in gameranger.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Want to know why I don't play much? Because 90% of the time that I even attempt it, I see this:
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.71 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:04 am

WD-40 wrote:Want to know why I don't play much? Because 90% of the time that I even attempt it, I see this:
image.jpg

It's like that here and there 40, but the majority of the time...for me... I see a player or two. Usually join and they (the players) slowly start creeping in.

To Vanity...I'll take one of those servers please. X fire me or PM me here with some details and I'll respond rapido.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Gilmer » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:48 pm

YO. Let's play.
Gilmer
Community Member

Xfire: tjskier247

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:22 pm

I doubt I will be playing anytime soon, the feeling just not the same anymore as when we had our own server. So I will be holding out until SWBF3 and in the meantime having PVP/PVE fun on SWTOR.

Regards,
Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II