The Pain of Adaption

All information and activities related to SWBF2

The Pain of Adaption

Postby R3ACTlON » Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 pm

As some of you may know, I have very recently started playing on your servers. I came from a very small, tight knit group of players on Xbox. Much of what is against your rules (infinites) was very integral in the play styles of the very good players on the console. (say what you may..... :whistling: )

In the recent weeks, getting used to the keyboard, rules, and the larger amount of players to watch has been interesting.

I am interested in knowing, though, why some of these are against the rules (detailed, not just "they would be abused".)

I understand that nearly everyone knows these glitches, but in my past experience, these (with the good players) did not hurt the game play, but rather helped it become more interesting and challenging.

Just want to know your guys thoughts on this.
R3ACTlON
Community Member

Xfire: reactlon
Steam ID: R3ACTlON

Re: The Pain of Adaption

Postby WD-40 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Basically, SWGO is a no-glitching allowed server. Glitching equates to cheating which is very frowned upon. If you can be more specific of which glitches you are referring to, then maybe it can be broken down more in explanation.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby haasd0gg » Thu May 05, 2011 1:07 am

Maybe its time for SWGO to put up a no rules server... leave the conduct rules in tact and let the rest be a dirty glitchfest.
It could prove interesting. I would put out the $ for the first month if people think it would take.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Matt-Chicago » Thu May 05, 2011 1:48 am

haasd0gg wrote:Maybe its time for SWGO to put up a no rules server... leave the conduct rules in tact and let the rest be a dirty glitchfest.
It could prove interesting. I would put out the $ for the first month if people think it would take.

We could do that with the TX Hero server which sits mostly unplayed.

I would suggest you check out the star wars section at globalwf.com - view the rules of force competition and it's a near mirror to our server rules.

Back in the day these rules were made, most of the current tactics were not well known. It's a buggy game and there was an effort to determine what made the most sense, what the game designers had in mind, what required special configuration to do, and just generally how to make it fair.

It was determined that when you run, you lose stamina but can avoid choke. Slow running raises stamina while avoiding choke, so that seems contrary to intentions.
Same with choke - when you choke someone they are incapacitated but you lose stamina and move slower. Infinite choke allows you to gain stamina and move normal speed, which seems contrary to intentions, is not in the game manual, etc. So on down the line....
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby R3ACTlON » Thu May 05, 2011 1:55 am

haasd0gg wrote:Maybe its time for SWGO to put up a no rules server... leave the conduct rules in tact and let the rest be a dirty glitchfest.

Replace the TX server with it, I'd love it. Plus, JL wouldn't get banned anymore.
R3ACTlON
Community Member

Postby R3ACTlON » Thu May 05, 2011 1:59 am

I personally don't see a problem with infinite choking (not just because I always play a choker).

Push allows you to knock someone down without a loss in maneuverability, whereas with choke, you move extremely slow, and even when the person falls from the choke, it isn't hard at all for them to immediately dash, combo, backslash, dash away, etc. (as they get up faster than if they were pushed.
R3ACTlON
Community Member

Postby Admiral_Aeka » Thu May 05, 2011 2:41 am

take into account - push must be done right to completely render somebody immobile for a few seconds, and can be blocked...

Infinite choke allows much less of a chance to be saved by one's teammates... speeds up the choke-> kill process greatly and unfairly, not to mention in some situations (uneven buildings, etc.) it is unfair because it allows the entire health bar to be depleted by choke.

We could have a big long debate about this, but I don't think it will change our rules :innocent:
Kryomancer: 53-7, Bait-Stelio-12 Stelio: 33-22, Bait-Kryo, 6
Next round:
Kryomancer: the fact remains, I pwn you :)
Stelio-Kontos: lets duel moron
==After 1 hour of duels, Kryomancer wins 42-8===
Stelio-Kontos: ok u are better
Admiral_Aeka
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: admiralaeka

Postby R3ACTlON » Thu May 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Admiral_Aeka wrote:take into account - push must be done right to completely render somebody immobile for a few seconds, and can be blocked...

Infinite choke allows much less of a chance to be saved by one's teammates... speeds up the choke-> kill process greatly and unfairly, not to mention in some situations (uneven buildings, etc.) it is unfair because it allows the entire health bar to be depleted by choke.

We could have a big long debate about this, but I don't think it will change our rules :innocent:

The thing about choke is it only allows someone to immobilize one person at a time, while requiring you to continually look at them. I think choking makes it easier for others to save team mates, as the choker must stay constantly looking at the target in order to get a kill. Whereas with a pusher, you can easily handle several opponents at once without much loss of defense at all.

(I'm not trying to advocate killing by solely choking either)
R3ACTlON
Community Member

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Thu May 05, 2011 8:19 pm

i agree with you haas we should make a no-rule server because for glitchers on HA would not get in trouble so much if they went to that server. So what im saying is problem solved with how we are gonna get rid of the glitchers :lol:
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/rogueltc/[/url]
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Xfire: rogue2345
Steam ID: ltc.dan

Postby Corpse » Thu May 05, 2011 8:35 pm

The problem I see with that is that it'd "soil" SWGO's reputation.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II