Ammo droids in HA

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Ammo droids in HA

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:59 am

I just don't get why you're here complaining about our servers when you have your own... concern for our well being?... we're doing just fine, thanks.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:16 am

Duel of Fates wrote:I'm sorry you missed the legitimate question and observation. I can't help pointing out the truth. What is GMRZ policy?

Gamerz servers are modded so the health droid is indestructible and the ammo droids aren't. In our NF FFA server, gunners are not allowed (trying to spawn as a gunner ends in immediate death.) The Force server and Advanced Force server have a similar mod with respect to the droids. In none of the Gamerz servers is destroying an ammo droid a warn/kick/ban offense.

haasd0gg wrote:I just don't get why you're here complaining about our servers when you have your own... concern for our well being?... we're doing just fine, thanks.

I'm not complaining about the server nor it's admins. I am asking for a rule clarification. I have played on these servers just about as long as you. I've donated (both in WGO and SWGO) and I try to be a good community member and server player. I'm not trying to be a pain, just asking for clarification.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:31 am

If I might add another two cents to this (I have nothing better to do) I think there is a little more then the action of destroying droids that cause this problem, aside from the fact that an admin asked you stop, he was your own teammate.

It would be different if your vader trying hunt down a wookie and cut off his supply but you stopped your own teammate from being able to fight. You said that his bombing the cantina could cause a tk so that made you think you have a right but you don't.

If for example a Luke player was using the saber throw to fight a villain in the cantina are you allowed to team push him out of the way to avoid getting tked? No your not. If a dooku guy is using force lighting to attack someone again you can't team push them to get past, they're you teammate fighting on your side. Go around or attack someplace else.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:15 am

Dread, here we are again, you thinking you are the king [poo], mr. effing dalai lama. One of our rules states (as someone else has already pointed out) "no disruptive gameplay" --- WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING YOU NINCOMPOOP? UGG!!!! You were not kicked because you blew up a droid, you were kicked because an ADMIN asked you to stop. You were disrupting the gameplay of another player and being insubordinate.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby ATCStewart » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:45 am

There was a discussion in the admin section about this awhile back:

Matt Chicago wrote:Destroying an ammo droid being used by a team mate is a warn/kick/ban situation.
Team attacking, disruptive gameplay, doesn't matter to me.

There you have it.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:15 am

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:
Duel of Fates wrote:I'm sorry you missed the legitimate question and observation. I can't help pointing out the truth. What is GMRZ policy?

Gamerz servers are modded so the health droid is indestructible and the ammo droids aren't. In our NF FFA server, gunners are not allowed (trying to spawn as a gunner ends in immediate death.) The Force server and Advanced Force server have a similar mod with respect to the droids. In none of the Gamerz servers is destroying an ammo droid a warn/kick/ban offense.

Maybe we should follow suit, and make all droids, health and ammo, indestructible? That would end your [poo] real quick.

As far as clarifying the rules. If I see a player destroying droids in use by his team mates, I consider that disruptive gameplay, warned, kicked, and banned. (unless your a repeat offender, then I reserver the right to head right to the kick and/or ban.) Clear enough?
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Yanoda » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:06 am

Many admins already addressed what I was about to say.
Thank you Stewart for finding MC's quote.
ProfessorDreadNaught wrote: And to be even MORE specific MD, the reason you wanted the droids is so you can run around the enemy spawn dropping bombs for the vill to spawn into. By doing this you limit the areas i can run into, around etc. or else get tk'd by you. I wouldn't stand in front of you while you try to shoot down an enemy (as a gunner). I'd EXPECT to be TK'd. When I run toward the vill spawn and worry about being TK'd by a random bombs...it's like an Maul or GG or even Ayalla who just randomly mashes and swings without a care about teammates. THAT'S disruptive gameplay, and if too many people get hit by the idiot, you kick THEM.

Dread, the entire map doesn't belong to you (that also includes the Server) and you have to expect teammates using bombs on a spawn point (let alone other teammates using the map). If you can't go in without being in the crossfire, just go to another spawn point (or area). Easy as that.
Disrupting your teammates by destroying the droids not only hinders your team but also fuels dissent towards yourself. This in turn can cause your teammates to be less helpful to you (ie. not save you from an enemy).
Don't blame your teammate when you run into a bomb, knowing full well he/she is fighting the opponent. Blame yourself for your own recklessness.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks Stew for finding that.

Dread, I reread your posts and I have to say, the middle eastern suicide bomber reference was pretty funny. Good stuff my friend, good stuff.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:26 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:Thanks Stew for finding that.

Dread, I reread your posts and I have to say, the middle eastern suicide bomber reference was pretty funny. Good stuff my friend, good stuff.

Thank you MD for taking my thread for what it was, a respectful request for rules clarification. Thank you Stewart for doing the research and finding a definitive ruling I assume the admins will use as guidance on the matter. Could someone please now change the rules referred to at the beginning of this post to reflect that ruling?

The ONLY reason I would destroy the droids was because I was told it was permissible. I understand that my actions in this way would raise the ire of gunners on the server and was OK with that. I believe I would at the same time gain the approval of those others, who like me, detest the tactics and sloppy play of most gunners (again, not the elite gunners). Alas, it no longer shall be.

Nite, DOF and the rest of the haters, I used a tactic I was told by an admin was OK. If an admin told me to stop CB and then I was booted for disruptive gameplay I would similarly post here for a clarification. I assume that is the grown up thing to do. I understand that for some, cursing and spitting hate is par for the course on these forums but it is sad to see.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:23 pm

How do make things indestructible (like droids) in the game? :D
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II