Jetroop Banned from Hero Assault?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Jetroop Banned from Hero Assault?

Postby Scrumtralescent » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:48 am

Robert wrote:Good point, also, how limited is it? I've heard that you can post a recruiting comment about once every new game, is this true?
Thanks.

It's up to the particular admin at the time, but for me I'll allow it once or twice period. Anything more than that leaves the person open to a kick. If it's a person I remember who has recruited before it can be an automatic kick/ban.
Scrumtralescent
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: scrum24

Postby theavengers85 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:59 am

We get a warning prior to kick/ban right? Just checking.

Since its different with each admin, we need to know what that line is so we don't cross it. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, we're okay if we just use common sense right?
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:34 am

Well, yes. Mostly because common sense says "I shouldn't advertise or recruit for another server here. They might not be happy about it."
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 am

Don't mistake recruiting for advertising.
Recruiting is very limited on SWGO servers and we prefer you guys take it to Xfire, generally we allow 1 message, it involves recruiting for clans.

Now advertising is another thing, advertising non-SWGO servers or asking others to join another server isn't allowed.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Bailey » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:12 am

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Don't mistake recruiting for advertising.
Recruiting is very limited on SWGO servers and we prefer you guys take it to Xfire, generally we allow 1 message, it involves recruiting for clans.

Now advertising is another thing, advertising non-SWGO servers or asking others to join another server isn't allowed.

MT

Yup this exactly, If I see advertising another SERVER I instantly kick/ban.
Bailey
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Bailey1020

Postby KOko » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:29 pm

MT and Bailey, I am proud with you.
Also with Crater and Scrum, but they are GG-mashers!
:punk:
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Jetroop - I'm the banning admin on this one.

I'm actually not that strict about people giving some advertisements for other clans or servers, but you took it to a whole other level.
I saw you, on at least 10 occasions, join the server and immediately ask everyone to go to Gamerz.
I've warned you for it, kicked you, given you short bans, a long ban, then not more than a couple days after I cleared your last ban you joined the server and immediately asked everyone to go to Gamerz, again.

So it seemed you were only using SWGO server to get people to go somewhere else, not to actually play.

I will unban you right now if you agree to stop doing this.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby THEWULFMAN » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Jetroop wrote:This might not be a good time to ask (trying to get unbanned and all...) but one of your members, (SWGO)Butch, was trying to help me out modding my clan's, .-{E.A}-., server, and he said that SWGO sometimes helps noobs, like me :P, out with modding!

Modding SWBF2? That is the Gametoast forum's job. That site is dedicated to nothing but modding SWBF2. It's where people like me help people like you learn how to mod. If you ask for help, more likely than not the person who responds will be a member of my team, Frayed Wires. AQT, Marth8880, Yuke, and myself. For example anyway. There are a few others that help out too.

Gametoast is a close knit community, it's also strict. We don't let [derriere orifice] stay on the GT forums for long. There is a low level of tolerance for [poo]. For example, someone like EAW would have been banned in days, not weeks as it took SWGO.

This isn't necessarily a good or bad thing. It's just a fact. I love both sites for those exact reasons actually. GT is restrictive, but kind. SWGO gives you freedom, but with it anarchy at times.

Man I can digress...
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Jetroop » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 pm

I am not part of GMRZ so I could not recruit for them
And I did not know that getting my friends to go to another server was against the rules, I did not intend to "advertise for GMRZ"
I will stop doing that and instead use xfire for those type of things
I was not aware of being warned, kicked, or shortly banned for this, but I might have forgotten
I do not mean to be intrusive...but maybe an announcement letting people know of this rule is a good idea? I had no idea about it and I apologize
For those of you who commented about modding, thank you
-Jet
Jetroop
Community Member

Postby TaTerToT » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Jetroop wrote:I am not part of GMRZ so I could not recruit for them
And I did not know that getting my friends to go to another server was against the rules, I did not intend to "advertise for GMRZ"
I will stop doing that and instead use xfire for those type of things
I was not aware of being warned, kicked, or shortly banned for this, but I might have forgotten
I do not mean to be intrusive...but maybe an announcement letting people know of this rule is a good idea? I had no idea about it and I apologize
For those of you who commented about modding, thank you
-Jet

There is an announcement >_> I guess you spent to much time getting people off the server to pay attention to them. Furthermore, It's common sence that we wouldn't like people stealing people off the servers.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II