Re: Adding 2 letters to the Auto Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed May 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Son wrote:Sometimes I like easy though... :whistling:

+1
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed May 02, 2012 8:05 pm

When in merc. I booted Bwahaaa for chat spamming. That's exactly what it is too...no information...just chat spam.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Thu May 03, 2012 12:03 am

:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Thu May 03, 2012 12:45 pm

From the reportomaniac :lol: :

I don't think BS in and of itself should be a banned word. There is too much room to mess things up. As has been mentioned, it is not necessarily a direct attack on another player. Also, yes, it is often used it to mean 'back-slash'.

That being said, to bring up another point: people are constantly avoiding the chat filter, using variations of curse words or shortened forms. I've seen people do one letter on each line - each line containing pat of the curse word. I don't know if there's anyway to fix this other than reporting them - but it's getting harder for me to report them (there are always so many people that most offenses I have to let slide - I just warn them not to curse or use profanity).

Does anyone know an 'Auto-Admin' solution to this? I'm not sure there is one, but it's worth a shot.

Oh, and yes, 'BWAHAHAHAAA' and 'Icerigger' can get annoying, but usually I just ignore them. In fact, take it as a compliment. Ice calls you a hacker when you kill him; your real kill must be so good as to be considered hacking! You're a good player!

BWAHAHAAAA does annoy me though, but whenever I kill him, I just retaliate by doing the same thing LOL. I say 'SirPepsi:' or '[merc]PepsiFanatic:'
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu May 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Let me say again, I understand the problems with adding BS to the auto admin list. Although it is funny to see the people who actually believe its meant to mean backslash. (Unless there is some type of text or type lingo that I'm not familiar with) BS has always meant bull [poo] just like WTF means what the [m'kay] not where's the fairies.

As to referring to the whole hacker crap as Ice's way of giving props....seriously? What does it mean when he starts ranting about the cheating. Or when he laces his "compliments" with profanity. I can get what is being said as how to take it, but I'm not just bringing all this up for myself. He does it to others, other respond in kind, not very long after that, instead of playing a game we have a cry fest with people yelling and cussing at each other. They're not compliments, his remarks are disrespectful, and they show contemp for other players.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Yanoda » Thu May 03, 2012 5:39 pm

I always thought WTF meant 'Way To Fail' :whistling:

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu May 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Yanoda wrote:I always thought WTF meant 'Way To Fail' :whistling:

Cheers

Yanoda

I'm gonna stick with fairies :lol:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Thu May 03, 2012 8:12 pm

:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Yanoda » Thu May 03, 2012 8:19 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote::

Those ninja eyes are staring into my soul... I like it!

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Thu May 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Col. Hstar wrote:
SUPERS@MURAI wrote:You guys realize that ingame bots repeatedly use insulting terms against the enemy. And some even continue to shoot an enemy after being killed. Should we ban the word "scum" because it's used repeatedly in an insulting manner by bots? Just thought I'd throw that out there....

Yes hearing the emps call me scum is very hurtful....
But I can mute my volume, I can't turn off the chat log.
and it's hardly the same thing.... :roll: :)

It is the same thing. Insults are thrown repeatedly. Isn't that what's being done in the chat? And who really plays without volume? Guys, we are playing a game that is simulating war, and Lucas Arts didn't seem to have a problem programing bots to shout insults why should we? Of course if you have jerks that go overboard and continually harass than by all means report/kick/ban. I think some of us need to grow thick skin and look at the overall point of the game, which is to kill, survive and have fun. After all, this is war game and not a trip through candy land.
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II