Map Requests

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Map Requests

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:48 pm

I hate to always start with...."when I was as Admin at [merc]" but I guess I have to sometimes, so here we go. When I was an Admin at [merc], we noticed what maps "worked" and which ones didn't. We saw that Yavin, Endor and space maps, always cleared out the server. As a matter of fact, I used to take maps request in-game, a player would ask for one of those maps, I would add them, and players start leaving..even the player that requested the map left....since he cleared the server.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:33 pm

When I was an admin I had to walk to work up hill both ways. :mrgreen:

er wait.... I better put this on topic

When I was an admin er no wait....

When I play all by my lonesome, (better) I leave Endor, Yavin, and Space maps out. Space is boring, and the other maps have AI that can see you through the trees and bushes
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:12 am

When I was an admin, I did my job really well the morning I got admin and then never really did it again. Suck it.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:33 am

Hey, one thing I can say about the time I was Admin in [merc], they were the #1 server a few times under my command. They never got there again after I left. Yeah.... I rock like that. :punk:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:54 am

Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:55 am

Col. Homestar wrote:Image

LOL......I do.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Stranger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:50 am

Thank you all for your input. It is nice to see that this is a friendly place. Now I guess all we can hope for is Battlefront III, since Battlrfront II maps are a little old now, and that it would actually be good. A lot of times the orginal games in a series are good then the new one is bad or not near as good as its predecessor, mostly due to companies making the game too easy so noobs just use the same '[female dog] weapons or tactics" during their entire career on the game, and a few other things such as story or content, I have seen this happen many times with many games and people. It is very sad and dissapointing how people will always continue to use the easiest means, and most nooby in most cases, to get kills and or complete objectives. I know that is just the way it is and it doest bother me too much, it is just depressing is all. What do you guys think?
Stranger
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 am

It's an 8 year old game. If you're still playing it, then I'll bet you're enjoying it. Sure there are noobs but it doesn't make the game depressing or annoying.

BF3 would be great, but I think Darth George is focusing on the success or Knights 1 & 2, and trying to duplicate it with the Old Republic. Force Unleashed 2 flopped compared to the 1st so he'll move on to that Bounty Hunter one.If he was really interested in what fans wanted he would have made BF3 by now, along with a new Star-fighter flight sim game.

The games have really started to lose the interest value lately, Maybe it's just me, but I'm still partial, to the Dark Forces Games, Jedi Academy, and X-wing games. BF1 and BF2 also. All these games came out and they were good Star wars games. Knights 1 came out and that was a great new story but as with the movies, the newer stuff, it's just lost the whole "Star Wars" feel.

Guess I went off topic, oops. Basically George depresses me, not the noobs. Noobs will be noobs until new noobs start to noob them. It's a vicious cycle but that's online gaming :punk:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Your_God » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:01 pm

I know It could be hard but maybe yu could add some mod maps?(really commom)Though,I guess its not happening because not all players have downloaded modded maps..Just that some of those are so cool and gives you so much fun(Imerial Star Destroyer Assault lets say).Maybe adding some maps lets say Felucia maybe?(Havent ever played it in JBA)..
My gaming rig:
-Intel i7 3970x -Extreme series-
-Nvidia Gtx 670 Double(x2)
-Corsair Vengeance O/c Ram 16gb 4x4
-MSI X79A-GD65 8D (s 2011, X79 ,DDR3)
-Corsair Professional series 1000W
-CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler
(SWGO)Your_God
Community Member

Xfire: killerofsema
Steam ID: dont have:D

Postby Stranger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Col. Homestar wrote:It's an 8 year old game. If you're still playing it, then I'll bet you're enjoying it. Sure there are noobs but it doesn't make the game depressing or annoying. :punk:

It's not the game that is depressing it is some of the people, but you are correct, I throughly enjoy playing the game again after I got rid of my PS2, which was some time ago. I wish for the game never to end. As far as new games go most of them fail as I said before. I agree with you about those old games you mentioned they were great and still are. You just can't beat the classics.
(SWGO)Your_God wrote:I know It could be hard but maybe yu could add some mod maps?(really commom)Though,I guess its not happening because not all players have downloaded modded maps..Just that some of those are so cool and gives you so much fun(Imerial Star Destroyer Assault lets say).Maybe adding some maps lets say Felucia maybe?(Havent ever played it in JBA)..

The only mods maps I would suggest would be the Dark Times II. They are very fun and well put toghter maps with all new classes, game modes, and weapons. However, I do not believe modded maps will ever be added no matter how good they are for obivious reasons.
Stranger
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II