Re: treated unfairly again.

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:50 am

but is true.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 am

I'm glad the Natester is here. It proves we'll always have nice steady supply of idiots.

Nate, this isn't a democracy. This isn't even a country. This is a forum. Admins are the law. Don't like it? Leave.

@Homestar

That's an epic warning sign.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:40 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:I'm glad the Natester is here. It proves we'll always have nice steady supply of idiots.

They are plentiful. We should subject new members to a test.

Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby KOko » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:42 am

Col. Homestar wrote:Nate, if your truly a good player you should be able to play well with any side.

Partly false. Even the best vailain players wont be able to play surrounded by pullers and heavily outnumbered. They may sneak, hide and run if you consider this playing.

natester77 wrote:There needs to be proof scrum about your " knowledge" before you start banning people.

natester77 wrote:post the vids, there needs to be something behind everything.

False. Admin decisions are based on their observation. Admin is not obligated to proove to YOU that his decision was right.
Admin could be asked by his superiors for explanation, but this does not concern you and it will be held in private section of the forums.

natester77 wrote:in the end its my rep that makes people treat me unfairly.

False. It is your reputation that makes admins treat you for what you are. You earned your reputation by your actions and can blame only yourself about it.
Inability to take responsibility for your actions speaks about your level of maturity, and NO, maturity is not necessarily earned with years.

natester77 wrote:today July 18, 2012 @ 2:25 pm est time i was enjoying my time at swgo HA.

And to get back where we started... well, this is a tricky one. Just because you enjoy your time, doesnt necessarily means it is OK for everyone.
As active admins already explained, if there is sensible disbalance between sides leading to players leaving the server, every admin would do what Scrum did -
To swap one or 2 of the best players from the overpowered side to the losing one. This should make you proud he chosoed you as one of the best players presented!
After all if you are so good, playing another character but Aayla wont hurt you, right ?

PS: I fail to see how is one week ban justified. A day maybe, or 3 for trying to cheat the facts and bad mouthing an admin, but a week?
Of course I am not aware of the last trends in admining those days, so it's still at banning admin discretion.

PPS: Long post, huh?
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 am

KOko wrote:
Col. Homestar wrote:Nate, if your truly a good player you should be able to play well with any side.

Partly false. Even the best vailain players wont be able to play surrounded by pullers and heavily outnumbered. They may sneak, hide and run if you consider this playing.

:mrgreen: A good player knows when it's time to go into :ninja: mode
I get the whole surrounded part, my point was just that it was one round where he was switched. It lasted what 10 min max? hardly worth the 25 posts it's taken to make this point to him. :sleep1:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Johnny » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Natester if you were the only good on heroes there should be no problem for you to dominate them with villains :whistling:
:6438: (SWGO)Johnny :6438:
(SWGO)Johnny
Community Member

Xfire: swgojohnny

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:12 pm

@Homestar

I should learn flash just so I can make that very test. And then if you click anything but the blue square you're insta-banned.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Richdog » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:04 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:[merc] had a rule (which I never enforced), which basicly states....if a player is too good, and causes to affect the game as, other players not having fun and/or causing players to leave the server, that player is kicked.

that happened to me a few times..
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Richdog wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:[merc] had a rule (which I never enforced), which basicly states....if a player is too good, and causes to affect the game as, other players not having fun and/or causing players to leave the server, that player is kicked.

that happened to me a few times..

Rich, you forgot this guy :whistling: , so people don't think your arrogant. :innocent:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Matt-Chicago » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:07 pm

There's no need to pile on here guys, unless you have something useful to add as some have.
Friendly community, friendly....friendly...

I will leave this to Scrum to decide, a week sounds little harsh to me but admins are allowed to be a little harsh if they think it's warranted.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II