Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:01 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:The problem I have with Darkie glitching is that I hear the excuse that is used to level the field against op wookies. But the reality of it is that it's used on all factions...not just wookies. Then it makes darkies op over everyone else. Why can't the "glitchers" just be honest and man up...you need a glitch to win. Stop using the excuse about wookies.

+1
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Mandalore » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Darkies are a high risk, high reward offense. They are one shottable by almost every class and even a trooper can take them down in two seconds. They are even less effective on large numbered public servers just because of the sheer amount of fire being spread around. The Wookiee is by far the most powerful class in the game. The dark trooper has direct counters both in close ranges and long ranges. Most maps favor the rebels as there are enough control points with cover to neutralize dark troopers. The wookiee wraps up a shotgun, sniper rifle, mortar launcher, the largest grenade load, and the best spawn killing item in the game into one character along with the most health. Darkie starts to neutralize this. Four wookiees is nearly unstoppable, or a mix of wooks and engis.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Duel of Fates wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:The problem I have with Darkie glitching is that I hear the excuse that is used to level the field against op wookies. But the reality of it is that it's used on all factions...not just wookies. Then it makes darkies op over everyone else. Why can't the "glitchers" just be honest and man up...you need a glitch to win. Stop using the excuse about wookies.

+1

+2

Also in a high populated server you usually get 4 darkies jet packing from cp to cp shocking and double shock every player in the immediate area not just the wookies. It's a lame glitch but allowed here so what're you gonna do.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:37 pm

I've played Darkie at various times when I get bored or need fast transport to capture a CP on the far side of a map like Mos Eisely when the team is in a crisis, but I can't 'exploit' it like the experts. Remember, I used the word 'exploit', not 'glitch'. I view glitching as 'cheating', and although it could be argued that the fully charged shoot-jump-shoot-jump-shoot shock attack for easy fast kills by Dark users is cheating, the designers left it in the programming. 'Intentional'? IDK. But certainly an open exploit that doesn't make them 'un-attack able' like hiding in the walls does while killing opponents. I personally don't like the advantage of the rapid recharge it gives, but short of removing maps that have Dark Troopers from the rotation, just have to be more sneaky and vicious (and accurate) with your aim fighting them.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Hobo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:56 pm

wookies to fat and slow, officers are better imo.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm sorry but if I think a class is underpowered.. I won't use it. Wookies can be killed even if they are op. There is no defense against darkie glitching. You're already paralyzed after the first shot, and that's why you have a handgun.. a good player would just pull out the pistol to finish you off. Quit making excuses. They have a jet pack, they can easily get away from a wookie if they need to. Hanny's excuse is that I hate darkie glitching because I can't do it. Well Hanny, I take pride in myself playing the game without resorting to a glitch. And I've said this before, and I will say it again...If these players are so good, why resort to cheating? The class has a cool down period for a reason, and bypassing that, is a cheat. Don't try to justify it, because it's been tried (needed for Wookies).. yet used on every class. Cheaters and hypocrites at the same time.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Inspector Gadget » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Why can't the "bad" players be honest and man up and realize they suck at this game? Don't cry about Darkie. Learn how to do it!

Darkie tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLqoGvjDQTw
Inspector Gadget
Community Member

Postby [NH]Shadow » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why can't the "bad" players be honest and man up and realize they suck at this game? Don't cry about Darkie. Learn how to do it!

Darkie tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLqoGvjDQTw

Why can't the "noobs" who come here be honest and learn their place? (E.G, not insulting players who are 5x better than they are). Learn how to be silent!

Learning your place/Being Silent tutorial: http://youtu.be/SU_RHpAEDWQ
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby Brazosgrad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:16 pm

I don't complain about any class at all. Play what you like and allow others to play. Period. The supposed "darkie glitch" is programmed in the game that way. The sniper is programmed its own way. So on, and so on. Get over your personal biases and play whatever character you like. I'll still snipe you with my rocket.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby need4CREED » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Although I don't like darkies (personal bias stemming back to original Battlefront), I don't condemn anyone for using them, because I even use them at times for quick transport. The problem for me comes when anyone either uses glitches or starts abusing their unit's special weapon, like those people that sit next to an ammo droid all battle and just send out recon droids. It's annoying as heck, but I still accept it's a part of the game that isn't gonna go away, so there's not much point to complaining about it.
need4CREED
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II