Alternative methods of getting onto roofs in hero assault.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Alternative methods of getting onto roofs in hero assaul

Postby Mace Hindu » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:47 am

sorry for reviving deadbost buuuut
haasd0gg wrote:You're right neji. The PC crowd refused to work with the game the way it was made and prefer to whine about what's wrong the whole time they play or make servers with their own rules about not using certain powers/weapons.

Lol all these things like CB, block sprint, wall riding, they were designed and perfected mostly by people playing an awful lot of the no forcer servers

Mandalore wrote:Unless I've missed my mark I would say there aren't any players left who are above mid tier in skill and aren't low-mid tier in knowledge.
How many anti-falls does the top tier in PS2 land know on average?

lol excuuuuuuse me? iv never been able to keep up with the very competitive americans due to my 250 ping mandy but i am well above mid tier for knowledge, i was always on i0ns case when i was at GFAQ, constantly learning as much as possible

{JOG}Neji wrote:Oh yeah, now I know what your talking about. I've figured out a ton of ways to prevent being tumbled and stunned so far on PC. On PS2 it's more of a luck factor. There's no way to guarantee you won't tumble sometimes.

while its a different console the antifalls will remain the same bro. they are simple tricks. which as mandalore simply
Mandalore wrote: negate the push factor of your opponent, thus making it so your character does not fall down and is not stunned.

i for example on a homemade server with friends so that im not playing with my usual 250 ping can antifall the dash attack of every character and every backslash, as well as antifall most combos. its not luck, its using the games physics to keep yourself up

i0ns damage and push factor chart listing the damage done by each character as well as the push factor associated with the att:
http://www.globalwf.com/gwl/downloads/S ... _Chart.htm
(SWGO)^Mace Hindu^-GMRZ-
Representing for New Zealand SWBF2 since 2006
Mace Hindu
Community Member

Xfire: thepowerofhindu

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Mace Hindu wrote:lol excuuuuuuse me? iv never been able to keep up with the very competitive americans due to my 250 ping mandy but i am well above mid tier for knowledge, i was always on i0ns case when i was at GFAQ, constantly learning as much as possible

Yep one of the reasons I never went down the competitive route, lag is a [female dog] when u are thousands of miles away from the server especially on a poor connection. On servers closer to home in europe then it is a different matter. Having a 180, 200 or 230+ ping at times whilst on US servers vs a person with a sub 100 or 130 ping then u are normally always going to be at a disadvantage and react slower, the recovery, the jumps, the block, anti-fall etc don't work like they should compared to someone with a much lower ping.

A lot of players over use the CB to get them out of trouble and as I have always said yes it is in the game but if it was not there a lot of players would have trouble with standard block as they would die a lot more. There is nothing more boring that watching or being in a no force game with CBer's. You can say the same for tripple pullers but etc so it depends on how u want to play the game.

When I have seen i0n on SWGO servers to be honest I can't say I rated him that much and yes it was not in a match environment but even saying that there was nothing special unless u take into account the constant spawn camping pulling he adopted.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby [m'kay] » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:41 pm

(SWGO)Kren wrote:
When I have seen i0n on SWGO servers to be honest I can't say I rated him that much and yes it was not in a match environment but even saying that there was nothing special unless u take into account the constant spawn camping pulling he adopted.

If he was ever playing a puller against you, that meant that he didn't really give a [poo]. Now if he pulled out his Vader, that meant he was either getting kinda pissed or just got really, really bored.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:15 pm

[m'kay] wrote:
(SWGO)Kren wrote:

If he was ever playing a puller against you, that meant that he didn't really give a [poo]. Now if he pulled out his Vader, that meant he was either getting kinda pissed or just got really, really bored.

He wasn't directly playing against me he was Sking alot of players who did not have enough sense to spawn elsewhere and btw he was trying to accumulate as many points via sking as possible, hence his name at the time 'Spawn killer". But to just clarify when he did play against me he tried it with a variety of characters and on a couple of occassions he was successful and the rest he was not. And I don't really care which character he used and if he was pissed-off or not then so what, it don't make any difference to me.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Corpse » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Spawn_Killer was Exor, not iOn. And he was very good too.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby {JOG}Neji » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:17 pm

No, the anti-falls on PS2 don't work like the ones on PC. I have already tried them.

Whoever these players arr sound OVERATEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. <3
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

Postby [m'kay] » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:31 pm

{JOG}Neji wrote:Whoever these players arr sound OVERATEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. <3

Even if they are "overrated", at least they had the sense to stop playing this game when it died, unlike some people.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby ATCStewart » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:58 pm

[m'kay] wrote: this game when it died,

Never!
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby Corpse » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:09 pm

But I like it. :(
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby {JOG}Neji » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Pretty sure the game isn't dead if it's still kickin'. Lol.
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II