2 New SWGO Servers

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: 2 New SWGO Servers

Postby GDog » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:23 am

Mandalore wrote:With Prone being absolutely useless in multiplayer unless you made it like the Battlefield/Call of Duty version where it's instant, and that's a whole nother can of crazy, I'm sure you can go back to the TWL forums from 2007 and see entire threads dedicated to hating it. Drop shotting as an engi, that [poo] would be hilarious.

Oh wow... just thinking about that makes my head hurt. That would be crazy.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

Postby Mandalore » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:32 am

And these are just the conquest side of things...heroes make conquest look like CoD4 in terms of mechanical structure. we've got about 2,000 manhours to put in at the least. Everyone buckle up!
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby LowfatCriminal » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:54 am

Oh ok thanks, haha I see how things could quickly get crazy. Engi and sniper battles are already shoot, roll, shoot, jump, roll, etc, all over the place. The ability to prone would just add to that. But IMO I think it would be a cool thing to add.
Videogames don't make people violent, lag makes people violent.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Xfire: district0668
Steam ID: lowfatcriminal

Postby GDog » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:14 am

LowfatCriminal wrote:Engi and sniper battles are already shoot, roll, shoot, jump, roll, etc, all over the place.

Only people who don't know what they're doing roll/jump after every shot. It makes you way to easy to track and shoot.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

Postby LowfatCriminal » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:14 am

GDog wrote:
LowfatCriminal wrote:Engi and sniper battles are already shoot, roll, shoot, jump, roll, etc, all over the place.

Only people who don't know what they're doing roll/jump after every shot. It makes you way to easy to track and shoot.

I know but I still see it all the time.
Videogames don't make people violent, lag makes people violent.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Xfire: district0668
Steam ID: lowfatcriminal

Postby Draigun » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:02 pm

At the moment, we are only working towards making the droideka a more 'oh wow' type of class so people wouldn't be so reluctant to use it. By this, I mean that the droideka's shield needs to withstand a lot of incoming basic fire (e.g. grenades, blaster rifles, wrist rockets, laser turrets, etc.) so that it can remain on the front lines to be more powerful, and more used. Think of it this way, the only way to kill it is to mine, recon, fire with powerful weapons, or use a jedi/sith. This will hopefully make people think about how to kill a droideka rather than simply taking cover, waiting for cooldown on repeaters, then throwing a detpack or rocket at it's face. In other words, more strategy in the game will make it more fun, or at least this is the general feel towards a more balanced game.

As for mod suggestions, a note: adding any unnecessary modifications will likely increase the client lag globally, so keeping it to a minimum is at the best option, at this moment.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Mandalore » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:59 pm

The SWBF1 droideka was built like a tank, and there's just a very simple reason it was not used. They can't turn, and in any FPS game in an online setting this means you die. Far more effective than increasing any weapons or defensive capabilities would be to make it turn quicker. As it stands the shields on the droideka are actually quite good, you just don't keep them up all the time. With staggering the activation of the shield you can already achieve plenty of shield regeneration.

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Unfortunately, you can't use SWBFI classes as a reference point because it's not SWBF2. No matter how you look at it, they are not exactly the same.

A crippling weakness of the droideka is the fact it can't turn, therefore it should be designed to simply focus rapid fire with a strong shield to handle the fire. What you're saying is that it needs to turn faster so it can be not only a tank, but overall an overpowered class. They are not flexible when it comes to their line of fire, that's exactly why they are by default equipped with repeater weapons.

Also, the shields strength is far from even good; it can easily be taken down within 5 seconds from 2 rockets, 2 grenades, and maybe a few blaster rifles here and there. It shouldn't degenerate over time, but rather regenerate.

We aren't trying to transform the droideka's role in combat; we're only strengthening it.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Mandalore » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Hey, it's your time to waste. It would just be silly of SWGO to waste resources on it. Lessening server quality for a mod that is truly unnecessary is the very definition of stupidity.

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Mandalore wrote:Hey, it's your time to waste. It would just be silly of SWGO to waste resources on it. Lessening server quality for a mod that is truly unnecessary is the very definition of stupidity.

What resources?
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II