Good shots

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Good shots

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:04 am

TaTerToT wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:OK, I didn't want to get in this because most of the guys for the glitch are what I consider friends. But, some of the things you guys are saying don't make sense. I hear that the glitch "evens out the playing field against Wookies", yet the glitch are used on all enemies classes. Is the glitch necessary on the rifleman? The rocketeer? .

...And? I'm sure you can get as many kills with a grenade launcher, bowcaster, grenades, recon, and extra health as you can against a glitched ARC Caster. It takes atleast 3 shocks to kill a Wookie, in which it takes great aim and practice to get all in one glitch, in which you usually need a ceiling to as well. It isn't like Darkie Glitchers aren't killable. Lay mines, rocket them when they land, snipe them...whatever it takes. All in all, it evens it out to the OP Wookie.

When someone encounters the glitching darkie, you don't have the chance to defend yourself. If the glitch is done right....there is no time to lay a mine....to shoot a rocket....to fire your weapon. Why can't you understand Tator, that there is no defense against it..that's the problem, and that's why players are upset with it. The only way to defend against it, is to kill them before they shoot you. Not the easiest thing to do, specialy when they sneak up on you. A normal darkie can sneak up on you and shoot, you would freeze for a few seconds but it gives you a small window to react, you have no reaction time with the glitch.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby [NR]Delta » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:46 am

If you use cover, or are strafing, the darkie's second shock actually has a great chance of being tanked. In the time that I've played this game, I've noticed that darkie shocks are tanked far more frequently than every other weapon combined.
Leader of Team New Republic.
[NR]Delta
Community Member

Xfire: delta4343

Postby TaTerToT » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:59 am

11_Panama_ wrote:
TaTerToT wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:OK, I didn't want to get in this because most of the guys for the glitch are what I consider friends. But, some of the things you guys are saying don't make sense. I hear that the glitch "evens out the playing field against Wookies", yet the glitch are used on all enemies classes. Is the glitch necessary on the rifleman? The rocketeer? .

...And? I'm sure you can get as many kills with a grenade launcher, bowcaster, grenades, recon, and extra health as you can against a glitched ARC Caster. It takes atleast 3 shocks to kill a Wookie, in which it takes great aim and practice to get all in one glitch, in which you usually need a ceiling to as well. It isn't like Darkie Glitchers aren't killable. Lay mines, rocket them when they land, snipe them...whatever it takes. All in all, it evens it out to the OP Wookie.

When someone encounters the glitching darkie, you don't have the chance to defend yourself. If the glitch is done right....there is no time to lay a mine....to shoot a rocket....to fire your weapon. Why can't you understand Tator, that there is no defense against it..that's the problem, and that's why players are upset with it. The only way to defend against it, is to kill them before they shoot you. Not the easiest thing to do, specialy when they sneak up on you. A normal darkie can sneak up on you and shoot, you would freeze for a few seconds but it gives you a small window to react, you have no reaction time with the glitch.

And once more? You have to aim to get the glitch correctly, and if done, it kills instantly. Same goes for the grenade launcher with a Wookie, you have to aim, and it almost always kills instantly, and same goes if you charge up the bowcaster. You are thinking to much about the glitch itself to focus on other aspects. Engineer, Rocketeer, and Sniper..CAN kill instantly, for special classes, both the Rebel specials can kill instantly If you aim. Imperial Officer has a mortar launcher, which can as well, and here you have the Dark Trooper, which can't. So, it is already unbalancing. The Darkie Glitch, evens it out, and makes it fair. It also takes a considerable amount of practice and aim, unlike the other classes. Also, you say that there is no time when you encounter a Darkie Glitcher, same goes for other classes. You have to aim to get the glitch done, and you have to aim to get a kill with the other units as well, so if both are done properly, you are dead. I do not wish to carry on argument, but I would appreciate if some people would consider all aspects.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:17 am

All primary weapons kill with one shot if it's a headshot. Even the darkie w/o the glitch, on full charge, can kill with one headshot.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Boss » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:36 am

11_Panama_ wrote:Even the darkie w/o the glitch, on full charge, can kill with one headshot.

This proves how much you know about darkies. It's impossible to head shot with the arc caster.
Boss
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:32 am

Boss wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:Even the darkie w/o the glitch, on full charge, can kill with one headshot.

This proves how much you know about darkies. It's impossible to head shot with the arc caster.

Uhh... you can get a one shot kill with a DT. Maybe your too busy using the glitch that you haven't learned how to play good and fair
Last edited by Col. Hstar on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:17 am

Boss wrote:

Hey Boss, if you can miss with the arc caster....you can headshot with it too. Who doesn't know what now? :lol:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:16 am

oh wow this is epic.
Anyhow, it's much like pana said.
Also i have been 1-shoted by a full arc charge on a wookie....
As far as this goes, the effect of the glitch in my opinion doesn't mather.
If someone is in a wall glitch he will be banned regardless if he's ussing it as an unfair advantage or just sits there and does nothing.

A glitch is a glitch, regardless of it's use, or what effect it causes.
It's like someone saying infinite choke should be allowed to compensate against pullers.

Mt
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Wolvi » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:16 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:oh wow this is epic.
Anyhow, it's much like pana said.
Also i have been 1-shoted by a full arc charge on a wookie....
As far as this goes, the effect of the glitch in my opinion doesn't mather.
If someone is in a wall glitch he will be banned regardless if he's ussing it as an unfair advantage or just sits there and does nothing.

A glitch is a glitch, regardless of it's use, or what effect it causes.
It's like someone saying infinite choke should be allowed to compensate against pullers.

Mt

What? In no way is that even possible. You can NOT one shot a full health wookie, ever. This is wrong.
Wolvi
Community Member

Xfire: pridewolf
Steam ID: wollvii7

Postby Doves » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:34 pm

A dark trooper can NOT get head shots with the arc caster. The only way a dark trooper can one shot an engy is with rage. A dark trooper can NOT one shot a heavy with or without rage, same goes for wookie. As boss said, this shows how little you guys know about dark troopers.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II