Christmas in jinglin town

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Christmas in jinglin town

Postby Krook » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:33 pm

hey guys i found a really awesome map :D basically its a town at christmas time and there's 2 different vehicles, toyota cars with machine gun, one word: Awesome.
All troopers have green/red clothing, some wear christmas hats. Hero for republic is santa, cis i dunno, probably the grinch ( i hope its the grinch ). Grenades and ammo are snowballs :mrgreen:

Link to download map: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... Town;85416

Heres a pic of santa clause:

And heres a pic of a soldier:

And a couple of cars of course!

I think this would be an awesome map for the +123 map or just a new server with this map only! ( I wish, but seriously we should use this on +123 night )

Whos with me?! I pity the fool who ain't. :mrt3:
wat!
Krook
Community Member

Re: Christmas in jinglin town

Postby Bailey » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:41 pm

that does look pretty sweet. I didn't think you could just add maps to the +123 though. Isn't it just a set list of maps/modes that comes when you dl the pack?
Bailey
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Bailey1020

Postby Darth Crater » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Yeah, I've played this map a while ago. It's not a good idea to add it to the server, because you need every map in the rotation in order to enter it (or possibly every map the server has installed - I forget). Since most people don't have this mod, all you'd get would be server issues.

Of course, it might work well as a one-time event, but again, remember how much potential population you lose by using mod maps...
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Krook » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:57 pm

Bailey wrote:that does look pretty sweet. I didn't think you could just add maps to the +123 though. Isn't it just a set list of maps/modes that comes when you dl the pack?

when i DLed the 123 i basically just got a bunch of maps into my addon folder.
wat!
Krook
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm

I'm with crater on this one.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Krook » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:28 pm

update: CIS hero was santas evil twin, xD
wat!
Krook
Community Member

Postby JROD » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:01 pm

I wanted to run this map for a night at the old wgo instead of mod night, but nobody wanted that :( .

BUT, I recently was told (when I asked) that this year before Christmas we could do this :5453:
One or two nights of this (2 hours each night) would be excellent. However, if you leave it up for too long, people will come at different times. And, for a huge map like this, you need at least 20 people for a truly good battle. Sadly, this map is run all the time on lag-filled nondedicated servers, with the goal being an rpg where you merely "pretend to watch television." So, perhaps it would be fun to run this for a night or two before Christmas? Also, the hunt modes are pretty fun, as well. What do you all think?
JROD
Community Member

Xfire: wgojrod

Postby Chin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:42 pm

playing in an online server and downloading a mod just so you can pretend to watch television?
Chin
Community Member

Postby Krook » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:51 am

Chin wrote:playing in an online server and downloading a mod just so you can pretend to watch television?

---- ?
wat!
Krook
Community Member

Postby Chin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:22 pm

JROD wrote:I wanted to run this map for a night at the old wgo instead of mod night, but nobody wanted that :( .

BUT, I recently was told (when I asked) that this year before Christmas we could do this :5453:
One or two nights of this (2 hours each night) would be excellent. However, if you leave it up for too long, people will come at different times. And, for a huge map like this, you need at least 20 people for a truly good battle. Sadly, this map is run all the time on lag-filled nondedicated servers, with the goal being an rpg where you merely "pretend to watch television." So, perhaps it would be fun to run this for a night or two before Christmas? Also, the hunt modes are pretty fun, as well. What do you all think?

this ^ ^
Chin
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II