serious problems with an admin

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: serious problems with an admin

Postby Duel of Fates » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:35 am

BlackDiamond, wasted topic. If you got a beef with one of our admins, come here like a man and post it. Don't be a little whine baby and piss on our servers and tell us it is raining. I saw nothing wrong with Leo's actions. He is a trusted admin here. For some no name to come into our servers and talk the smack you were talking in game, I would have given you a week off. Don't let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out.

:6438:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby KOko » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:50 am

Thank you BigLeo for your answer.
This is exactly how an Admin should answer to such flame topics - logs, proofs, confidence! Good job!

Ripley - from my point the name Betsch is phonetical transcription of "[female dog]", so his name alone is good enough for a warn/kick/ban. Harrassin an admin is enuff too:
30/09/2009 16:24:29 : #[L'Atsch_Betsch] he is so not an atsch betsch boys! he is so stupidtsch! eh wet
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby The_Eradicator » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:44 am

Still , I don't care ! This WAS NOT A REASON to ban l'atschbetsh for 1 day... He did not deserve it... a warning maybe, but not a ban..

As far as I am concerned, I take full responsability over my language and I will not take it back... I was really furious at what happened, and thanks god I wasnt more rude than that, because everybody knows how nasty I can be.

And you people are greatly mistaken... Having Felucia will not get people away... It will instead bring them... People are tired of having the same maps over and over again... We love having "rare ones"... And when felucia was there, we were like "omg how cool. It's Felucia!" and Leo Ruined it all... This is what caused our discontentment first... Now if only Leo hadnt hid behind his admin console and would have come, said it was him and explained his choice, maybe we wouldnt have to discuss about it now... I just hate cowardice and when people do things in secrecy without even asking, it gets me out of my nerves... come on. he DID NOT EVEN ASK the players!!! and we were like 6, all cheering for felucia. WHO would it have disturbed?

And by the way.. if people are THAT MAD at the admin... maybe the problem comes from another source than the players...

and by the way, hassdog... JBA is already my LAST CHOICE when it comes to chose a server... SP gets number 1 and mercenary gaming N
The_Eradicator
Community Member

Postby BigLeo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:44 am

First of all I want to tell here where is the REAL problem.
Thoses things happened on Sept. 30th !!! It mean BlackDiamond could make his "request" since this date.
In fact the real problem begun when "someone" told him it was me... I suppose he doesn't accept that...

About what you wrote :
And you people are greatly mistaken... Having Felucia will not get people away...
Are you really sure ? Since how long are you admining a server ? I can tell you maps like Felucia, Endor, Kashyyk result about 20% of players leaving the server.
Maybe YOU are happy playing thoses maps and I can understand... but don't believe it's the same for all.

After you said :
And when felucia was there, we were like "omg how cool. It's Felucia!" and Leo Ruined it all...

Ok reader I let you juge of the enthusiasm about this map....

**previous map**
30/09/2009 16:17:49 : #[.2124th(lt)zara] YES WE WIN
30/09/2009 16:17:49 : #[<LuCaS>] I need a lift!
30/09/2009 16:18:29 : #[L'Atsch_Betsch] bouhtsch bobatsch betsch!
30/09/2009 16:18:49 : Server: User admin at server said '*No Glitching. We'll ban without warning!'
30/09/2009 16:19:09 : #[<LuCaS>] I need repairs!
30/09/2009 16:19:49 : #[<LuCaS>] I need a lift!
30/09/2009 16:20:29 : #[<LuCaS>] I need backup!
30/09/2009 16:21:09 : #[<LuCaS>] I need a lift!
30/09/2009 16:21:29 : #[.2124th(lt)zara] I need ammo!
** begining of the map**
30/09/2009 16:22:09 : #[L'Atsch_Betsch] FELUTSCHB BETSCH!
30/09/2009 16:22:09 : #[Starkiller] haent played felucia for long time
30/09/2009 16:22:27 : #[[SL]Hendo20] gg's..gtg
30/09/2009 16:22:27 : #[L'Atsch_Betsch] !nextmap
30/09/2009 16:22:27 : Server: User admin at server said '[SWBF2SM] The next map is tan1g_1flag'
30/09/2009 16:22:27 : #[[SL]Hendo20] later Leo
30/09/2009 16:22:27 : Client: Run next map.
30/09/2009 16:22:28 : Server: Next map run.
30/09/2009 16:22:49 : #[BlackDiamond] why ?
30/09/2009 16:22:49 : Server: User admin at server said '*Please respect our rules and other players'
30/09/2009 16:22:53 : #[BlackDiamond] WF stupidadmin ut feluciaack

he DID NOT EVEN ASK the players!!! and we were like 6, all cheering for felucia.

WHERE ARE CHEERS ?

Now if only Leo hadnt hid behind his admin console and would have come, said it was him and explained his choice, maybe we wouldnt have to discuss about it now... I just hate cowardice and when people do things in secrecy without even asking, it gets me out of my nerves...

The chat In game is not the place to explain my choice !
When I decided to ban you, you could make a request in this forum asking why... and It was time to unban you...
I'm not hidden and not afraid... when you use provocation vocabulary yesterday ingame, I told you again "it's not the place to do that..."
And when you menace to make a report in SWGO.com... I told you : "GO ON ! we we explain there !"

I can accept I ban atschbetsh too long... but I really not sure if I ban him 3 hours results won't be the same !
Now why I don't warn him ?
The reason is easy... before being admin... I'm a player... yes really I'm here to have fun with all.
But meanwhile I play... I need to control the chat "who is not my native language", and check cheater, glitcher and disrupter...
I do that some hours a day... I have my own problem in real life like you all...
BUT WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT ? a MAP SKIPPED ? 1 day BAN ? be serious ! WHERE IS THE PROBLEM ?

So when I MUST read a guy abusing "sch" at the end of each word... and also who say that :
30/09/2009 16:24:29 : #[L'Atsch_Betsch] he is so not an atsch betsch boys! he is so stupidtsch! eh wet
I decide to ban him first... you know the end of this story.

This is my choice and I assume it !
Triumph without peril brings no glory.
A vaincre sans peril on triomphe sans gloire.
Pierre Corneille, Le Cid (II, 2)
BigLeo
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: bigleo73

Postby WGO-Jango » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Ok, I think this little soap opera has played itself out throughly.

Black Diamond if you ever have a problem with a decision an admin makes I urge you to come here first and make a topic asking, in a civil manner, why. Or alternitively ask using Xfire, keep in mind we do have policy regarding harassment across Xfire. While we cannot force you to appologize or take back anything you say or have said it does reflect poorly on your character to not rebuke such childish behavior and language.

Betsch will serve the entirety of his ban for verbally harassing an admin. You will also serve the full sentence of your ban, Black Diamond.

Leo I congratulate you on your work, speedy action, and throughness of your replies. However, for future reference it is a warning, then a kick, then a ban for language. We give everyone the same "three strike" punishment. That is all I have say on that matter.

If someone would be kind enough to lock this topic.
WGO-Jango

Postby Matt-Chicago » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Topic locked.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II