Explaination from getting booted from JBA

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Explaination from getting booted from JBA

Postby ltrain35 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi. I play on the JBA server as _IJO_Jedi_Master_ltrain35. I was playing on Thursday Oct 15 around 2:30 EST or so. Several clan mates of mine were also on. During the game play, an Admin comes on warning that IJO Jedi Master was playing with duplicate names or something. I ended up getting booted once, but thought it was a fluke so I rejoined again. Started playing again, then the Admin starts warning all of us again. Whoever was the Admin at the time refused to identify themselves then just started counting down to boot us all again. I have played on that server for a long time and even have some friends on there that have played with me (BigLeo and Dad) and have never caused a problem there, used bad language, glitched, or anything. I was hoping that someone could look into the incident and see if anything was done wrong. Thanks

ltrain35
ltrain35
Community Member

Re: Explaination from getting booted from JBA

Postby Dad » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:10 pm

i think i know whats going on, in rm the names are cut short after 10 or 15 characters. you ijo guys have very similar beginings to your names (i.e. _IJO_Jedi_Master_) so in our perspective they all look the same untill we log on to the actual game.

i personally have never had a problem with itrain or any other ijo

i'm sure it will be cleared up man
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby ltrain35 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Dad. Look forward to playing against you again.

ltrain35
ltrain35
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:20 pm

If dad is correct, theres an admin who needs some training...
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby WGO-Jango » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Yeh sounds like someone jumped the gun without looking more into it.

On another note: Thanks for being so calm and collected about this ltrain35. Wish we more people would follow your example on how to do it right.
WGO-Jango

Postby Doves » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Dad wrote:i think i know whats going on, in rm the names are cut short after 10 or 15 characters. you ijo guys have very similar beginings to your names (i.e. _IJO_Jedi_Master_) so in our perspective they all look the same untill we log on to the actual game.

i personally have never had a problem with itrain or any other ijo

i'm sure it will be cleared up man

for the admin who did this, if you don't want to go ingame and you see similar names, use gametracker, quickest easiest way.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby BigLeo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:10 pm

I was playing the game when this problem happened, and I see some IJO warned several time and don't understand why...
IJOs are good players and always respecful of rules.

I was soon to logoff to dinner and watching bad TV show, so I don't have time to speak with the admin who do that.
(I know his name but it's not the place to tell who, also he is one of my mentor.)

... but I agree with Dad... in RM name are cuted... It's certainly what decide this admin to do that.

The problem is with all "_IJO_Master_xxx" we can't see your real names... maybe could be nice from all IJO Master to troncate a part of your name ?
Without underscore for example ???

By the way I will talk with the admin concerned when I'll see him online.

Leo
Triumph without peril brings no glory.
A vaincre sans peril on triomphe sans gloire.
Pierre Corneille, Le Cid (II, 2)
BigLeo
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: bigleo73

Postby Bailey » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:16 pm

BigLeo wrote:(I know his name but it's not the place to tell who, also he is one of my mentor.)

o snap so it wasn't a new admin haha. Thank you IJO for actually making a respectful and productive inquiry. People need to learn from your example that if they don't come on here cussing and throwing tantrums that their problems will be resolved as quickly and diplomatically as possible.
Bailey
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Bailey1020

Postby ltrain35 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Thank you to all for such a quick reply to my situation. I really enjoy playing on JBA because of the many fun and good players that I have met. I only get to play during the day at work when I have free time or between patients. Nighttime is reserved for my family and wont take time away from them playing a game, even though there are times I would like to get away :P. Thanks again for all of your help and hope to see you on there soon.

ltrain35 (small L) everyone thinks its an i
ltrain35
Community Member

Postby Doves » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:35 pm

BigLeo wrote:The problem is with all "_IJO_Master_xxx" we can't see your real names... maybe could be nice from all IJO Master to troncate a part of your name ?
Without underscore for example ???
Leo

or you could put your names first followed by your clan name
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II