A few questions pertaining to hero assault.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

A few questions pertaining to hero assault.

Postby stealth_jawa » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:47 pm

I've been playing some no force HA on the MM/arrows/etc server (not as "stealth_jawa", though), and have a few questions for the well-informed. Mostly these questions are about the jargon for various techniques.

1. I heard someone say this particular server is also a SWGO server. I don't know how true that is, can someone please explain?

2. I know "cb" means "center block," and I've observed it's use, but I'm not entirely sure how it differs from a normal block. What does "center" indicate?

3. What is a "null" and how is one executed? Does it simply mean to knock someone over?

Thanks for your help.
stealth_jawa
Community Member

Re: A few questions pertaining to hero assault.

Postby grrrrrrrrrr » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:50 pm

For the first question, the "MM/Arrows" server is affiliated with MM, Arrows, SWGO, GMRZ, and GFAQ.
grrrrrrrrrr
Community Member

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:23 pm

Center block refers to facing the center of the map while you block. This type of block is 100% effective against saber attacks, but not choke or push from behind.

Null means to stop someone in their tracks on a sprint attack (maybe someone has a better definition). This is usually achieved by looking up very quickly and swinging your saber, at the right time when someone is attacking. I backslash can server a similar purpose.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby grrrrrrrrrr » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:36 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:Center block refers to facing the center of the map while you block. This type of block is 100% effective against saber attacks, but not choke or push from behind.

Null means to stop someone in their tracks on a sprint attack (maybe someone has a better definition). This is usually achieved by looking up very quickly and swinging your saber, at the right time when someone is attacking. I backslash can server a similar purpose.

Usually for nulling, don't you try to attack from the left?
grrrrrrrrrr
Community Member

Postby Minwu325 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Nulling can be knocking down your opponent in a clash of any two attacks, moving or turning in a manner so that you're not knocked down. For example, if you walk directly forward into Obi's dash attack, you won't be knocked down, and can get a combo attack in.
Minwu325
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:52 am

Another way to stun your opponent is called a backslash (reffered to BS). It takes more "skill" to achieve a BS. You need to look and determine the timing of the BS. Usually once you get the hang of it, it is extremely easy. At first I said backslashing someone would be very hard, but once I got the hang of it, its very easy.

Edit: Forgot to mention how to BS :whistling: . To backslash, you need to first determine if your opponent is sprinting toward you. If he/she is, then you turn around and move backward and click (Or whatever your saber attack key is). Then usually you can knock your opponent down and kill him/her. The reason why I said "usually" is because their is a way to avoid being BSed or nulled. But this topic doesn't mention anything related to this "way".
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Corpse » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:55 am

Your forgot to tell him not to do that if he was being dashed by obi/ani, aayla or Greiv.

Don't BS if they're gonna dash you, as their dashes have in build block so will not be damaged by your BS if they are dashing towards the centre.

If they're NOT dashing towards the centre, you most likely may do some damage, but they will not be stunned.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Darth Crater » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:04 am

Actually, backslash is a great way to take down a non-CD Grievous with no/minor injury. It works on Obi and Ani too, but you'll take some heavy damage at the least. Against Aayla, though, or anyone who's taking advantage of CD, don't try it...
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:08 pm

grrrrrrrrrr wrote:For the first question, the "MM/Arrows" server is affiliated with MM, Arrows, SWGO, GMRZ, and GFAQ.

Just a clarification. MM/Arrows server is NOT affiliated with Gamerz at all, though Rancor, who is an admin on Arrows is also an admin on that server (along with a couple other Gamerz members I think) The ruleset on that server is NOT in compliance with Gamerz policy and not sanctioned/supported by Gamerz.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby KOko » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:25 pm

stealth_jawa wrote:1. I heard someone say this particular server is also a SWGO server. I don't know how true that is, can someone please explain?
2. I know "cb" means "center block," and I've observed it's use, but I'm not entirely sure how it differs from a normal block. What does "center" indicate?
3. What is a "null" and how is one executed? Does it simply mean to knock someone over?
Thanks for your help.

1. The server is delivered by GFAQ and MM, and also supported by SWGO, Arrows and GMRZ(as listed on server forum). It is sponsored by GFAQ RobPa
2. CB (as ppl already said) is blocking while facing the center of the map. In FFA it may be justified while its used with style (not just walking/standing with CB on) while in duels its just a pathetic technique for pity noobs.
3. null is not equal to stun! its only one of many stunning techniques as dash, back slash, etc. NULL is one-click front hit on a running/dashing opponent that will knock him down. for proper null all you need is timing and experience. its considered one of the hardest to master elements.
hint: you can go from a null to a full combo to finish your opponent (with Luke for example). one-combo kills are beautiful.

PS: After long and painful conversation with -GMRZ-ProfessorDread he was close to convincing me that GMRZ are not supporting the GFAQ/MM server, even if they got clan leader listed on behalf of GMRZ on the official server forums. To be fully convinced in that Ill need to see official Council of Seven (the leading body of GMRZ) statement on the mater, because even Dread cannot act on behalf of GMRZ alone without C7 backing him up. Also a simple ask from GMRZ C7 to owner of the server to change the information on the server forums and to remove Rancor as a clanleader on behalf of GMRZ will be helpful. I will gladly give Rancor adminship on behalf of SWGO if he joins our friendly community. I would like to apologize to all GMRZ members for any harm my first statement may cause to their good name. :innocent:
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II