Re: No Pull Server?

Postby KOko » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:19 pm

YOUR LAG IS NOTHING COMPARED TO MINE!
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:29 pm

KOko wrote:YOUR LAG IS NOTHING COMPARED TO MINE!

your lag can work to your advantage, mine doesn't do that for me :(
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Eyes Only » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:13 pm

JROD wrote:
Matt-Chicago wrote:
KOko wrote:I can only propose to our Admins on HA to pay more attention for pull KSers. Switching them to vills usualy works great. :evil:
Also, if the things are goin out of control and due to multiple pullers many vilains leave, then switching most active pullers will ballance the sides :twisted:
In other words - maintaining the enjoyable gaming experience for most players can be achieved sacrificing someones affinity to cheap tactics.[/i]

I agree with all this, just be sure we're not switching players because they're doing well. Noobing is allowed, just not kill stealing, and evening the teams can be necessary for everyone's enjoyment.

That is an excellent idea. I've always known it could be done in remote manager but have never seen it done on SWGO servers. This really would keep players on the server, rather than have people get angry and leave whenever there are 17 heroes and 3 villains. Also, I have found that most of the time, when i get ksed, it is either due to a team push or simply me pushing from far away and someone else stealing the kill before I get there (with saber only). It is only from pull a fraction of the time, and most of the time pullers are alright with laying off the kill stealing a little bit when asked to do so.

i usually do that when im on, swap the aaylas to vills, keep myself on heroes, that way theres no pull spamming. also i can disable aaylas double pull if anyone wants me to do that. only 1 pull per second.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby Corpse » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:57 am

Can you make it so pull inflicts damage on the user then gives me the point if they die?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Minwu325 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:05 pm

Corpse wrote:Can you make it so pull inflicts damage on the user then gives me the point if they die?

lol wut, enjoy being fetted to death as a hero
Minwu325
Community Member

Postby stealth_jawa » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:46 pm

I'd like to see the no-pull server stay. Not having to worry about pull noobs is great. Playing Mundi with push is amazing fun. I understand that the ex-pull characters are still very powerful, but it is still an improvement over pull. Have you considered running no-pull without nerfing the jet packs? That could be one way of balancing things, as it would encourage players not to just spam push and play with saber throw or a shooter.
stealth_jawa
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:20 pm

if jetpacks were at their previous capacity, it would mean they could pretty much run away forever until you get sneaked by someone while you're chasing them.
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Postby KOko » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:00 pm

stealth_jawa wrote:I understand that the ex-pull characters are still very powerful, but it is still an improvement over pull.

Harldy. Let's face it - Tping on the No-Pull was just awful.

stealth_jawa wrote:Have you considered running no-pull without nerfing the jet packs? That could be one way of balancing things,...

Balancing what ? You want us to replace pull campers who run away from fight with Fett-campers who run away from fight?
Actualy the only reasonable use of pull is becouse of the Fetts! Gimme some more pity excuses to play against full-featured bunch of Fetts on a No-Pull server please!

Lemme guess - you want Fetts allowed on a no-force servers too?
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby stealth_jawa » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:12 pm

You may not have noticed due to your pathetic reliance on melee combat, KOko, but some of the Heroes have guns, too. They are slightly less popular because they have absolutely zero means of escaping any force power. Without force abilities, all gunners become more powerful (i.e., only slightly worse than the sabers). Therefore, people will play characters like Leia and Chewookie who can shoot down a Fett from miles off, no contest. Jet packs only really help against saber characters.

In other words, yes, full jets on all servers plox.

And for the record, I do think no-force would be better than no-pull.
stealth_jawa
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:48 pm

:o :o :o

OMG!

I disagree with the above statement.
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II