Hey SWGO, how would you like to stop glitchers? Forever.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Hey SWGO, how would you like to stop glitchers? Forever.

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Yes, you heard me right. Would you, people of SWGO, like to stop glitchers in their tracks for eternity? Never having to worry about glitchers ever again? And I mean EVER?

If yes, well, listen closely. I'm working on a mod that I can't believe doesn't already exist. The mod places powerful damage regions in places glitchers commonly glitch. AgentSmith#38 and I just tested my mod's principle and it works. The best part is only the serverside has to have the mod installed, clients will be effected whether they install it or not. Which means that no mat'ter what, a glitcher will die if they glitch through a wall. :twisted: Now you may wonder why I use damage regions instead of death regions? The answer is simple, does the job easier and is easier on you, the installer. Death regions require script changes, which means more files to replace. With damage regions however, you only need to replace the map files. A lot, and I mean LOT easier for you guys and me. The damage regions take out 300 health a second, you die in a couple seconds at most. Wookies have the most health, they have 800 health points.

The only real question is why the heck it hasn't been done already? An almost identical mod exists for SWBF1, but one for SWBF2 was never made. The only answer I could come up with before I tested it was that it wasn't going to work. Well the principle has been tested, and it works. The only answer I can come up with now is that no one wanted to take the time to add damage regions behind walls in all the common glitch spots. Pfft, lazy penguins they are. Well, I am not a lazy penguin. :ugeek:

Well ladies and gentleman, I stand before you willing to make this mod. Are you with me?! Will you stop glitchers now and forever? It's up to you guys whether you stop them now and forever. I can't force you to use the mod. Or... *waves hand* can I? :ugeek:
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Re: Hey SWGO, how would you like to stop glitchers? Forever.

Postby WD-40 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Bryant and Matt C would be the best to analyze what you just wrote. PM them about it and have them refer to this thread.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:13 pm

WD-40 wrote:Bryant and Matt C would be the best to analyze what you just wrote. PM them about it and have them refer to this thread.

Alright, thanks for the tip.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Gamerz tested the idea for their FFA mod and discarded it. After 2 deaths in a "damage region" the map became unstable. Because they were working on a "No Force" mod, wall glitching had almost no impact on the game, so no further research was done. You may have some better coding they did (this was the VERY beginning of server side alteration) so I'd say give it a shot and test it.

Does DC HA server let SWGO add modded files? I thought that was an issue.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Stability issues? Well crap. Well we might as well try, we can always go back if it doesn't work. I'm working on Mos Eisley first, since that's the worst (best if you're a glitcher).
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Well i'd say we could give it a try.

Note that ill be trying ALL the glitches i know in the game....ill communicate it if any "glitches" don't kill you.
However glitches like the wookie glitch and some rolling glitches will not be removed by this, however it would make it easier.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby TaTerToT » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:39 pm

If it works SirPepsi will be upset.... :bloodyfist:
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby SWINE FLU » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Thank you for putting the time into making this, Wolf. I see no harm in trying this mod.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby Hobo » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:01 pm

SotG has already done this on their dueling server... Only difference is that your allowed to go outside regular map boundaries. :3

P.S. if you need advice or help, you should ask Dakota. Assuming yall don't hate each other.. :whistling:
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:08 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Well i'd say we could give it a try.

Note that ill be trying ALL the glitches i know in the game....ill communicate it if any "glitches" don't kill you.
However glitches like the wookie glitch and some rolling glitches will not be removed by this, however it would make it easier.

MT

I'm not very familiar with rolling glitches, what are those? Oh, and I might be able to work something out to make the wookie glitch impossible as well. :twisted: Maybe some invisible collision will do the trick. Oh and I'm more worried about the places where people commonly wall glitch, not every single place can be given a damage region because there is a region limit you can not surpass.

tatertot wrote:If it works SirPepsi will be upset.... :bloodyfist:

Leave that kind of talk out of my thread. SirPepsi has always been a decent player, I've never seen him glitch. Pics or it didn't happen.

SWINE FLU wrote:Thank you for putting the time into making this, Wulf. I see no harm in trying this mod.

Fixed. :whistling:

But thank you. :)

A Hobo wrote:SotG has already done this on their dueling server... Only difference is that your allowed to go outside regular map boundaries. :3

P.S. if you need advice or help, you should ask Dakota. Assuming yall don't hate each other.. :whistling:

I couldn't even find their server to test it out, what's it called?

I have an entire team, I don't need Dakata's help. Not that we hate eachother, I just don't need it.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II