Hello again -- banned for not breaking the rules?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Hello again -- banned for not breaking the rules?

Postby MustangP51D » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:26 am

Hello there,

This is Mustang -- I hadn't played SWBF2 for six months until this January, so nice to see you all again :)

I was just banned from SWGO JBA -- not hero assault -- for using choke-lightning when i got a hero. I've never been aware this was illegal in JBA -- iv'e never seen anyone booted for it & it's sure not in the forum rules. I believe Talon was responsible, as I had just dispatched his hero with the aforementioned method, when I was banned without warning. Please ask him though -- given that I complained about him switching my teams around several months ago, I don't want to whip up a controversy.

Cheers and happy new year!
MustangP51D
Community Member

Re: Hello again -- banned for not breaking the rules?

Postby Heatmaster78 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 am

Choke-lightning is an exploit in the game and you should know better than to use exploits on SWGO servers.

I guess you deserved your ban.
"La mort n'est rien, mais pour vivre vaincu et sans gloire, c'est mourir tous les jours."
("Death is nothing, but to live defeated and with no glory is to die every day.")

- Napoléon Bonaparte
Heatmaster78
Community Member

Xfire: heatmaster78
Steam ID: heatmaster788

Postby TaTerToT » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:35 am

I was there when Mustang got banned, I saw that he was doing nothing wrong.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:45 am

MustangP51D! You must earn your wings with honor and valor, not easy exploits. Now get back in the air, and fight with dignity!
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 am

I've been playing this game for over 5 years and I didn't know the Emperor could do that. How do you do that anyway?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Bryant » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:09 am

tatertot wrote:I was there when Mustang got banned, I saw that he was doing nothing wrong.

He just admitted to breaking the rules. :stupid:
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:28 am

11_Panama_ wrote:I've been playing this game for over 5 years and I didn't know the Emperor could do that. How do you do that anyway?

Please, tell him how to exploit so he can get banned on the servers. I'd like that very much. :twisted:
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby MustangP51D » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:58 am

TRIVIA TIME! Before anyone says that I "broke the rules" again: can anyone list for me in black & white, an SWGO rule that bars C-L in JBA?

:dots: Heatmaster, I ought not to "know" better; I am not able (nor would I desire) to read your mind* & discern what you want me to do and do not want me to do. I follow the same rules that have been standing for years & make reasonable deductions. These rules are listed here; I invite you to read them. You will notice that C-L is explicitly forbidden in HA, but not in JBA. And before you suggest that the rules that apply to one server apply to the other, notice that the author of these rules took the time to write global rules twice...and did NOT do so for choke lightning.

Furthermore, your implication that exploits are obviously & universally illegal is misleading & INCORRECT. There are dozens of commonly used exploits (running up walls on tatooine, walking on the death star's invisible railings, super det throws, double-shocks, etc etc). Which are allowed and which are disallowed simply depends on the server. If it isn't explicitly disallowed or patenetly disruptive, one would assume it's fair game. It's not explicitly disallowed; it's not disruptive to gameplay (it would be in a hero-only server, but in this case, it was simply annoying to Talon -- who lost a run as jedi b/c of it)

Look, I've wasted enough calories typing this up. SWGO, There is a minority among you who ignore, skew or plain break your own rules to achieve some sort of petty vindication for grudges that exist only in the realm of 1's and 0's (Talon falls squarely in this group). When someone inevitable complains about this kind of stupidity, some choose to investigate the complaint (thanks to haasd0g, MC, MD, DoF, & others who did so last time on my behalf when Talon kept switching my teams) while others seek to obscure the issue by attacking the person who made it. Now, I can't make any of you do anything about this. And that's fine. I enjoy playing with (most of) you, but not so much that I'm going to beg anyone to behave in a way I think is "fair." Your server, do as you wish! I'll try again in a week or a month; if a year later, I get the dreaded message "Your CD Key...blah blah", then it is what it is. Au revoir!

Talon, I get the impression that you feel that you're "denying" me something by hindering my ability to play this game (not likely, or I would have been playing it more in this past year). Here's a question to ask yourself: if you were, what does that do for you & why?

Now, to catch up on some late night Star Trek and then off to bed.
MustangP51D
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:46 am

Since I have been adminning, way back in the WGO days, and all the way up to the present, I have enforced that rule on JBA. If I had seen you doing that, I would have warned and then kicked you. If you persisted, I would have banned you. Its a glitch, and glitching aint allowed on any of the SWGO servers. Says right as you walk into any server, Glitchers can be banned with no warning. Say it wont happen again and move on already.

Oh, and welcome back. Looking forward to gunnin' for ya. :gunsmilie:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 am

I don't agree with everything he said, but he is technically correct. It doesn't explicitly state choke-lightning is against the rules in JBA. I simply request that be changed. People will do their best to find loopholes, so you might as well plug this hole up.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II