Mercenary Gaming News

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Mercenary Gaming News

Postby Ariel » Wed May 16, 2012 11:39 am

Hey all!

I have been sent by the admins of merc to let everyone know a few things. We think that it would be best to keep everyone abrest of what is happening at the moment.

Instead of re-hashing alot of miscellaneous info, let me just quote JD:

"Recently we have had to do a reorganization of our Star Wars organization and this has and will be producing changes to our Star Wars Division in the Clan.

1. Contrary to what some of you may have heard we are not shutting off the Star Wars server in the near future.
2. We had to stop recruiting due to false applications. We are working on a new application vetting process at this moment.
3. After the new application vetting process is in place we will again start recruiting.
4. No more alliances with other Star Wars Clans.
5. The Admins also do not like how the Star Wars Community treats our members and our clan. What makes this a major issue is that we are a major player in the COD and Spearhead Communities and highly respected there, but in the Star Wars Community we are ridiculed. This matter is still being discussed and how we will respond in the future about it. So if any other clans are reading this post feel free to Contact me and lets clear the air. :th_a017: "

Feel free to contact me directly, or go to Devilaza (our interim BF2 leader) or JD on our website or xfire.

I realize that this extension of the olive branch will probably be promptly bitten off by the page trolls. I am just the messenger; go troll JD if you really want some kicks. :wheelchair:

Anyway, see you all ingame!
I am a white, straight, educated, conservative Christian who owns guns...I am a liberal's worst nightmare.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER >>>https://twitter.com/#!/Musical_Muze<<<

Ariel
Community Member

Xfire: 1992ariel
Steam ID: 1992ariel

Re: Mercenary Gaming News

Postby KOko » Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 am

Why the hell did you decide SWGO forums are your NEWS feed ?
Go post this on your forums, or the forums of the clans you mentioned as involved, but why do you use SWGO (community that is not involved in any way in your message) as an Advertisement board for your clan?
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Commander Sparrow » Wed May 16, 2012 12:15 pm

KOko wrote:Why the hell did you decide SWGO forums are your NEWS feed ?
Go post this on your forums, or the forums of the clans you mentioned as involved, but why do you use SWGO (community that is not involved in any way in your message) as an Advertisement board for your clan?

They decided this because our forums are the hottest [poo] around on SWBF2. Merc is like the kid who tries to fit in but somewhat fails because he tries way too hard, and we're the popular kids who make everything else look like something you spit out.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed May 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Hmmm... interesting. I wonder how Mercenary will choose to respond. Hopefully it won't affect how their members (including me) play on other Servers.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Ariel wrote:2. We had to stop recruiting due to false applications. We are working on a new application vetting process at this moment.

Sounds like they have an Ace problem :lol:

Being that I've only been a member for 10 months I don't know the full history between Merc and SWGO. But I do know enough from past threads to see that this really isn't an olive branch. It's more simply a complaint against SWGO. Really what other BF2 communities are there. I've been playing in the SWGO server for over a year now, I've never seen someone ridiculed for having Merc tags on their name. If they start acting dumb in game then of course but that pretty much happens to anyone regardless of their community association. Anyway, that's my 2 cents, probably not worth that but oh well.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Wed May 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Col. Hstar wrote:
Ariel wrote:2. We had to stop recruiting due to false applications. We are working on a new application vetting process at this moment.

Sounds like they have an Ace problem :lol:

Being that I've only been a member for 10 months I don't know the full history between Merc and SWGO. But I do know enough from past threads to see that this really isn't an olive branch. It's more simply a complaint against SWGO. Really what other BF2 communities are there. I've been playing in the SWGO server for over a year now, I've never seen someone ridiculed for having Merc tags on their name. If they start acting dumb in game then of course but that pretty much happens to anyone regardless of their community association. Anyway, that's my 2 cents, probably not worth that but oh well.

Most people I see with SWGO tags aren't even in SWGO. :mrgreen:
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby Nightrider » Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Most people don't respect merc, because most the members are not your decent players. So generally it's not respected in the SWBF2 community. It's different in SWGO, because it's not a clan, it's a community.
Nightrider
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed May 16, 2012 2:57 pm

The problem with merc lies within the administration. The admin problems occur when Star Wars admins and moderators try to change the BF2 server. The senior admins(that rarely plays the game), don't and won't allow changes. This has been going on forever. I too was one of those BF2 admins that couldn't understand why admins that don't play the game, set server policies....while the admins that do play the game, aren't allowed to make changes as they see fit. This causes a bit of a disturbance within the admins, senior admins are afraid of change..while the newer admins wonder why they are admins. I myself went through this there. When I joined merc.....I was the only player with a [merc] tag in the server, there were no [merc] tags in the whole server.How many are there now? JD made me a mod and I recruited for him...when I left...merc had over a 40 members that I personally recruited. What did I get from that?....merc enemy #1. Thats what I got for being a merc. I quit because I was being harassed by a member and the senior admins let it happen. I came to them about the problem, and I was told to "lighten up"....so I left merc..most mods and admins came with me....and I was made merc public enemy #1...then after awhile...banned from merc server and forums. Yeah...merc sucks.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby SWINE FLU » Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Uh-oh... looks like we're the only major community in SWBF2 now. Oh, wait, we always were.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby haasd0gg » Wed May 16, 2012 3:11 pm

KOko wrote:Why the hell did you decide SWGO forums are your NEWS feed ?

I couldn't have said it better. :appl:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II