admin misuse

All information and activities related to SWBF2

admin misuse

Postby natester77 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:46 am

today, 5/26/2012 @ 8:25 est time i was playing as aalya. i was killing someone as the admin switches me teams without my consent. i want to know why they did it and who, check the logs or something to confirm this.
- Natester
natester77
Community Member

Xfire: shadowofdeath7

Re: admin misuse

Postby [m'kay] » Sun May 27, 2012 12:49 am

Aw [m'kay] sorry, I left the admin out on the desk again. Don't worry, i'll make sure this doesn't happen. Again. Man please sorry I know you've given me a lot of chances but no really it'll never happen again PLEASE

well [m'kay] there goes my job
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Shalandai » Sun May 27, 2012 12:57 am

mis·use (ms-ys)
n. Improper, unlawful, or incorrect use; misapplication.

tr.v. (-yz) mis·used, mis·us·ing, mis·us·es

1. To use incorrectly.
2. To mistreat or abuse.

I am curious, given the above, how it is that you came to decide that this Admin was in fact in the wrong (i.e. misuse) , when you have clearly stated that you do not know his intent and purpose, and when it has also been previously posted that such actions are within an Admin's legitimate capacity?
Shalandai
Community Member

Xfire: shalandai

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun May 27, 2012 1:08 am

natester77 wrote:today, 5/26/2012 @ 8:25 est time i was playing as aalya. i was killing someone as the admin switches me teams without my consent. i want to know why they did it and who, check the logs or something to confirm this.

Nate....you can't expect a "nice" response if you go around "ordering" the admins why they did what they did. As without "your consent"..you have to remember that you are using this server FOR FREE. Management can make changes without "getting your OK". Did that help you answer your questions?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby FaiL.? » Sun May 27, 2012 1:24 am

That's because he's not a nice guy. I was playin' under an alias on HA today and all he did was ks me till I raged and left, sayin some dumbass remark.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby crazyperson » Sun May 27, 2012 2:21 am

Is this Natester? He insulted me on the hero assault server on at least one occasion IIRC and also swears a lot.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of hellfire raining from the sky every now and then.
crazyperson
Community Member

Postby Yanoda » Sun May 27, 2012 8:56 am

Despite others having a less than wonderful experience with Nate, I ask you all to be a little more respectful.

Nate,

I do not know the 100% details of the situation, but admin's use of team swapping has a few reasons.
- Even out the teams, both score and number of players.
- To prevent team killing by a user.
- Players that repeatedly leave and enter the Server until they get their desired team. This can also cause Server problems.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby mrjamwin » Sun May 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Being that I just saw the reason for Nate's whining in another post. It looks like the admins actions were justifiable.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Talon Karrde » Sun May 27, 2012 9:44 pm

I was the one who swapped you. The teams were getting unbalanced thanks to your pull spawnkilling, so I swapped you (the player with the highest score on the opposite team) to the villains team. This actually balanced the game out and made the game more fun for others. You were free to leave and come back if you wanted Heroes again, but before I swapped you the teams were unbalanced with the villains getting the short end of the stick.

If you really wanted to be a jerk and spawnkill pull, you had the freedom to leave and come back, but you were more worried about your score (on a server you seem to hate) than getting what you wanted.
"Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry."
Talon Karrde
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: lolnewb
Steam ID: Keirnoth

Postby natester77 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:18 pm

"Spawn killing is allowed, dont complain, spawn somewhere else!"

Hypocrite.
- Natester
natester77
Community Member