Ammo droids in HA

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Ammo droids in HA

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:42 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=279
I was told directly by Mawk, many months ago, that destroying droids in HA was acceptable and NOT a warn/kick/ban offense.

Its a well known secret that I don't like gunners in HA. They invariably KS and TK. Tactically, their usefulness is limited to forcing a player to get off a roof (exposed position). Unless you are TRULLY skilled (Laserblast, Yanoda and a few others) a gunner is at an EXTREME disadvantage to Force wielding (Saber wielding) players. Agree, disagree, it doesn't matter. Ammo droids are team agnostic and can be a boon to both teams. I destroy them at every opportunity to deny their use to the enemy. I have been kicked by admins who believe this is disruptive gameplay. I have informed these admins that I was emphatically told it was ruled ok and that is why it is NOT in the list of infractions on the thread listed at the top of this post. For some reason they don't believe me and either won't seek clarification (and if I'm wrong, fix the rules) or are in some fashion rogue. Could the collective admins please come together (once again) on this issue and make a definitive ruling. Either include droid destruction as an offense in the rules or better educate all the admins on enforcement policy.

Thank you.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Re: Ammo droids in HA

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:15 am

KMA,MF
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:18 am

Let's be specific. I'm the admin in question here and the ammo droids you're destroying are mine. When I am YOUR teammate and you KNOW I'm using the droids and I even ask you to NOT destroy them and you STILL do it, then that is disruptive game play. I am not tking you nor am I ksing you. In fact, how many times have I given you invulnerability at advantageous times? I do it all the time for everybody, as do all the good gunners of which I am the bottom rung of a very tall ladder. Anyway, we play on teams and some of us actually use the teamwork element of this game.

Also for what its worth, I challenge you to beat my Liea one on one with out force, it ain't easy. Just sayin'. I may not be the best shot, but I know I'm one of the hardest to catch.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Col. Hstar » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:51 am

I like being a gunner too, and I've seen pullers and chokers tk and ks way more then any gunner could. Destroying droids to cripple a gunner is even cheaper then having to use force on them. And on top of all that he was on your own team :roll:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:17 am

The problem is not with you destroying the ammo droids, the problem was the fact that you were asked by an admin to quit destroying a resource that someone on your own team was using.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:28 am

This is not Dread's first time. Tell us Dread. What is GMRZ rule regarding ammo droids and team mates? Since that server is such a success, please enlighten us with your secret to keeping a server empty?
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Postby imaim » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:54 am

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:http://swgohome.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=279
...I destroy them at every opportunity to deny their use to the enemy. I have been kicked by admins who believe this is disruptive gameplay...

From the topic you posted, here is why you were kicked:
Jango<9thAC-Gen> wrote:No Disruptive Gameplay
Conduct that impedes a player or players movement is considered disruptive. Any conduct that is beneficial to opposing team or player or conduct that impacts the flow of the round is considered disruptive.

Since you both impeded a player, since it was beneficial to the opposing team (MD was on your team), and since you were asked to stop doing so and did not, your removal was just.

Also, Dread, quit being aayla; your luke battles are challenging and fun! :)
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:03 am

MD your ability as a gunner in HA is not in question. The question is whether destroying an ammo droid is a warn/kick/ban offense. Nite, whether a player, an admin or George Lucas himself asks me to stop destroying ammo droids it doesn't make it an offense to be warn/kick/bann'd for. And to be even MORE specific MD, the reason you wanted the droids is so you can run around the enemy spawn dropping bombs for the vill to spawn into. By doing this you limit the areas i can run into, around etc. or else get tk'd by you. I wouldn't stand in front of you while you try to shoot down an enemy (as a gunner). I'd EXPECT to be TK'd. When I run toward the vill spawn and worry about being TK'd by a random bombs...it's like an Maul or GG or even Ayalla who just randomly mashes and swings without a care about teammates. THAT'S disruptive gameplay, and if too many people get hit by the idiot, you kick THEM.

I'm CONSTANTLY getting hit by teammate gunners with gunfire, bombs and missile explosions. The ammo droids aren't "Yours". Just because you use it doesn't mean the enemy doesn't also. Too often you are WORSE than the enemy when you (not just you, but most gunners) use a gun character. Your use of invul to help me specifically, can be counted on one finger. As to not tk/ks'ing that is a joke. I have taken more hits from you as a teammate than as an opponent when you gun. Unfortunately, you are NOT the worst offender. The multitude of noob idiots who follow your example and end up with more TKs than kills in a round is staggering. You are a good enough saber player to not need the run and hide approach of the gunner (no offense to laser or yanoda, you play different) and CERTAINLY don't need the middle eastern suicide bomber approach you seem to enjoy today. (BTW the wookie missile attack USING the sprint explosion effect is like the Israeli approach of an F16 missile attack on a Palestinian restaurant: "friendly casualties -oh well")

Back to the subject; asking me NOT to destroy the droid cause you are constantly running back to it is fine. According to the rules I was explicitly told, I am allowed to destroy the droid without risk of warn/kick/ban. If that is NOT the case, please amend the rules so it is clear. I have no problem with the admin. He does a good job. I believe he kicked me in good faith, believing that what I was doing falls under disruptive behavior. That being said, I think he made a mistake. I can't find the rule written anywhere and was told emphatically by an admin of high standing at SWGO that my behavior should not be considered disruptive to the level of warn/kick/ban. I would hope there aren't two sets of rules in play. One while admin A is on and another while admin B is on and I respect MD too much to think he would want to be seen operating that way. Please just make a ruling and amend the rules if necessary.

DOF: leave the trolling to ANYONE else, you suck at it.

imaim: I appreciate you quoting a rule I didn't break. Destroying an ammo droid does NOT impede a player or his movement. Destroying an ammo droid does NOT benefit the opposing team. I understand how you and MD could draw that conclusion, but I believe MattC and Mawk argued my point and came to the ruling I was informed of. It is NOT disruptive gameplay. If that ruling has changed, fine. Please include it in the rules. (Truly, the ONLY reason I use Ayalla is when i'm Fetted. I hate them with a PASSION and ENJOY the CRAP out of pulling them!)
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:39 am

I'm sorry you missed the legitimate question and observation. I can't help pointing out the truth. What is GMRZ policy?
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:43 am

Dude, I've invul'ed you so many times, though in your defense, a lot of it has been under aliases. Also, my bombing of the cantina is art. Pure art. And that art hinges on my ability to quickly gain more time bombs.

I appreciate your classy post Dread and I'll wait now and see what MC says. I don't think Mawk is here anymore. Also, I would love for Yanny, Son and Stewart to chime in here.

BTW, when I see your Darth Maul bouncing off the ceiling of the cantina, what can I say.....It's fun for me.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II