Medals and Awards

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Medals and Awards

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Ok, I was reading a guide on some other battlefront 2 features and was surprised at the power of some awards....

for example:

Gungslinger
Regulator
Endurance, Guardian, War Hero
Frenzy (very powerfull)
Technician
Marksman
Demolition

I read that if you want to unlock an award forever you have to win that award 64 times in your career mode. However, I read in many places that you can win these awards in multiplayer mode but the kill and award count starts from zero (like if it was a new career). It all looks great but I want to see my award count and I can't find it anywhere. The administrator in our server told me that I can check my award count under the button Career but that count is only for my career and not for multiplayer. Anyone know where I can see the Multiplayer Award Count? :gun_bandana:

EDIT: I also tried looking into the Leaderboard (or something like that). At the bottom there is a button "Me" ... I imagine you can look at your stats by clicking there but then I get "Loading" for like 1 or 2 seconds and then nothing happens. I think the information can be found there but since the leaderboards have such old information (last time the top player played was in the year 2009) I guess that Lucasarts or Gamespy don't count that information anymore. Only hope I have is to count by myself and hope I can unlock the award for good.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Medals and Awards

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:21 pm

I don't believe it tracks for multiplayer and that the clock resets on every new map.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Didn't you already ask and get an answer for this in your hello posting? :whistling:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:18 pm

yeah I know but i'm still not sure and I thougt it would be nice to have a thread just for that topic... who knows. Maybe someone with more experience than us might know the answer?

Maybe it does track? I dont know. I just started an experiment and I will get the award 64 times in an empty multiplayer server to see what happens.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:07 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:Maybe someone with more experience than us might know the answer?

OK ... the people who started and run this site are BF2 enthusiasts, I'm pretty sure they have the experience

But who am I to say no, knock yourself out :punk:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Alright, here's how it works. If, during a single life, you satisfy the conditions for an award, you unlock the award for the rest of that life. All awards will vanish at the end of that life unless you got it very soon beforehand, in which case it will carry over to the next life. There's no way to persist awards beyond this or to make them permanent, so there's no multiplayer tracker for them.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:53 pm

ahhh really?

hell, that's sad. I was really hoping to get that elite blaster riffle...

Anyway, I thougt it was possible for the following reasons:

1. Im almost sure I saw people who started a multiplayer game with the special class... how? I don't know. I imagine it has something to do with the awards
2. For some reason some engineers can kill me with one shot (which makes me think that person might have the fletchete shotgun)
3. I read that you could get awards in multiplayer and that it depended on the server (if it was allowed or not). Therefore, I don't see why it couldn't add up to unlock permanently..

Well, if you guys say it can't be done I guess it is right :th_a017:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby TaTerToT » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:51 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:ahhh really?

hell, that's sad. I was really hoping to get that elite blaster riffle...

Anyway, I thougt it was possible for the following reasons:

1. Im almost sure I saw people who started a multiplayer game with the special class... how? I don't know. I imagine it has something to do with the awards
2. For some reason some engineers can kill me with one shot (which makes me think that person might have the fletchete shotgun)
3. I read that you could get awards in multiplayer and that it depended on the server (if it was allowed or not). Therefore, I don't see why it couldn't add up to unlock permanently..

Well, if you guys say it can't be done I guess it is right :th_a017:

1. It doesn't take long for SOME BF2 players to get the special class. The first one requires 8 points, which 3 kills and a CP Capture can give you.
2. Regular shotguns do have the ability to kill with one shot at some points (You can find that firing at the head if effective like with the other weapons.) The Fletchete has purple streaks to when they kill you.
3. Servers can set whether awards may be attained by the players, however as Darth Crater stated, the awards only last for that round. I'm kinda happy they do, because in Singleplayer, I got the Legendary status for the Marksman reward (Gives you the Beam Sniper Rifle) so I ended up stuck with it, and I hated it, so I had to make a new profile to get the old sniper rifle back and lost my stats, lol.

Oh, and the Gamespy leaderboards do still work, but you must remember that the game has been out a long time, and the ones that it says hasn't been online for awhile, they played a lot before then. And btw, if you want SOME of your stats, check out: http://www.swbf2stats.net/leaderboards.php :afro:
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:59 pm

More like the Gamespy leaderboards have been hacked to the point of uselessness, really.

Thanks for reminding me, Tater - some servers may have awards turned off completely.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:11 pm

again ty for the info =P

although I think it is a shame that we can't attain the elite weapons once you have played like a thousand battles or something. I mean, it would be nice to one shot kill most of the time .... imagine elite blaster rifle in mos eisley, lololol
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II