Gamorreans

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Gamorreans

Postby theavengers85 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:37 am

Ok, Gamorreans on Jabbas Palace are very annoying.
(In other news, water runs downhill.)
They sneak up behind you, or even spawn behind you, and kill you in a single hit.

And, when you leave a cp, they capture it (for the enemy?).

I find them very distracting.

I am sure this has been asked before, but is there anyway to exterminate them from the servers (i.e. disable them)?

At least this would get rid of the reoccurring bacon and pig jokes.
theavengers85
Community Member

Re: Gamorreans

Postby Draigun » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 am

I believe there are people here who can easily modify the proper files to kill the Gamorreans when they spawn, removing them from that map.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Richdog » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:10 am

Pigs don't capture cps for the enemy. Yes they take it away from you, but they then "capture" it for their own team. While pig spawning may appear random at first there are a finite number of very specific places where they spawn. Learn where they are and don't stand in those spots and walk over them as little as possible (or even drop a few mines there for good measure).
Those are my suggestions.
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:14 am

Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby theavengers85 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:27 am

(Not sure why the image is cutting off).

See, there is Gamorrean bacon. :gunsmilie: And I want some.
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:51 am

Leave the piggies alone :6415: What did they ever do to you?

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:06 am

I think this was asked in the past.
Diffrent opinions on it, some hate them, others love seeing a huge pig 1-shot someone.
Their not hard to kill, and their slow, easely outrunnable IF you pay attencion no gamorrean sould kill you

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Duel of Fates » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:10 am

Adapt and overcome. Lay lots of mines on their spawn points and you get lots of kills. Last night I played Jabbas palace and walked away with 40some kills with only two deaths. If you choose to use recons, you can keep your cp safe by killing gams when they try to pass through or take the cp away from you. You have to work as a team though to get the best results.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Duel of Fates wrote:Adapt and overcome. Lay lots of mines on their spawn points and you get lots of kills. Last night I played Jabbas palace and walked away with 40some kills with only two deaths. If you choose to use recons, you can keep your cp safe by killing gams when they try to pass through or take the cp away from you. You have to work as a team though to get the best results.

+1 I spend most of my time defending Jabba's throne room (or the prison area) from pigs and keeping the Marine(s) safe to launch remote droids. I try to get down the stairs too to kill some real players, if there's time, and there's teammates helping to defend the Throne Room CP. As mentioned earlier, there are specific spawn points for the pigs and thats where you need to throw your mines, as well as being very careful when hovering near those points. Of course, when the other team breaks in, it can become chaos and the pigs are more likely to nab you while you're distracted. What gets me is how pigs can turn on a dime and kill you with one swing, even at ranges that should be just out of their reach.

And to answer that one question, yes, they can be disabled, but no, we have no plans to do so.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Richdog wrote:Pigs don't capture cps for the enemy. Yes they take it away from you, but they then "capture" it for their own team. While pig spawning may appear random at first there are a finite number of very specific places where they spawn. Learn where they are and don't stand in those spots and walk over them as little as possible (or even drop a few mines there for good measure).
Those are my suggestions.

I've spawned right next to them....there's nothing I could have done to save myself. Even the invincibility didn't save me.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II