Returning civility to these forums

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Returning civility to these forums

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:29 pm

SWINE FLU wrote:I've seen way too much profanity on these forums recently, therefore I respect and thank Matt for speaking up. Narg, I thought you had the intelligence to stop, and know when you went too far. But you went too far and lost alot of respect from me in the process. Please, just pipe down and stop disrespecting so many people.

Swine, I really don't see where I was disrespectful there. I gave Matt some crap about using the wrong word for forum. Note that I didn't say he was wrong in any way - hell, that's a part of the reason I did stop trolling, because too many people were taking me as the "standard", so to speak. I don't know, it used to be that people recognized that I was "that one guy who swears a ton", but in the past few months pretty much everyone's started swearing like me.

...Oh wow, maybe it was some kind of ridiculous profanity arms race, where I thought I had to up the ante because everyone started swearing like me, and now we're reaching the point where it's nearing levels where MAD becomes a worry. SWGO Cold War 2012 represent.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby SWINE FLU » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 pm

PM'd Narg to avoid clogging up announcement.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:09 pm

I like his "title" :D
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:31 pm

I'd like to formally apologize about the handful of times I've sworn in the past month or so. I usually like to conduct myself with an air of decency, and only swear in private. I shouldn't have become so lax. I let myself get carried away by the fact this forum is a lot less strict than the one I usually frequent, and that isn't an excuse, just a reason. It will not happen again, I promise. I'm not one to break my promises.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Richdog » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:48 pm

[m'kay] wrote:I don't know, it used to be that people recognized that I was "that one guy who swears a ton", but in the past few months pretty much everyone's started swearing like me. maybe it was some kind of ridiculous profanity arms race, where I thought I had to up the ante because everyone started swearing like me, and now we're reaching the point where it's nearing levels where MAD becomes a worry. SWGO Cold War 2012 represent.

Sadly, I think that's pretty spot on for what happened. Thanks for endeavoring to find subtler ways to troll now.
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Postby Col. Hstar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 pm

If you ask me and don't everyone jump on me for this, but alot of it started when we were having all the flame wars with Acesonnel, Lego, and EAW. They were such bad trolls that everyone started dumping on them, me included. I'm not saying they did deserve what they got, they did, but is set a lower bar that everyone just continued following. This kind of goes along with what Narg was saying but gives a time frame of when things crested and started going down hill from there.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:22 am

Well...I agree with the thread message in that there's been a lot of 'attacking others' just for the sake of attacking and stirring things up. Perhaps a more 'civilized discussion' could prevail (?). (Hint: It's the 'Younglings' folks).
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:57 am

Thank you Matt. You know something went wrong with the integrity of this community when I've become one of the most mature and civil posters.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby mrjamwin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:10 pm

(=DK=)Samonuh wrote:Thank you Matt. You know something went wrong with the integrity of this community when I've become one of the most mature and civil posters.

And you just opened the door to have yourself flamed with a comment like that but since I am more mature and civil than that. I won't. :roll:
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Samonuh, in the past six months you've posted absolutely nothing of substance aside from saying that you're not as completely reprehensible as you used to be. Your statement has no merit because you provide next to nothing to the community negatively or positively. But hey, points for actively trying to elicit a response of "haha that WACKY samonuh" and failing tremendously, I guess.
[m'kay]
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II