Returning civility to these forums

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Returning civility to these forums

Postby Matt-Chicago » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:21 pm

To all SWGO forum members.

Things have gotten off track here for a number of reasons, but the forum moderators have decided enough is enough.

We are asking everyone to improve their attitudes and language, no more relying on the word filter, no more mean/nasty trolling.

We started this community to be a fun, friendly place for people who love playing SWBF2 and other Star Wars games online. I think we have succeeded more than we have failed, but we are trending in the wrong direction.

Don't be offended if you get warned for something, just try to take the advice of the warning.
If you get warned and don't heed the advice, don't complain if you get banned.

Thanks to all who contribute to the community, let's keep it alive and keep it fun for all.
Last edited by NiteRunner81 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Give Matt A BREAK -- NiteRunner81
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Re: Returning civility to these forms

Postby crazyperson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:52 pm

If you don't want us to rely on the word filter, why make it in the first place
There's nothing wrong with a bit of hellfire raining from the sky every now and then.
crazyperson
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Sir, I will be civil when you use the correct version of "forum". Until then I will have to engage in fisticuffs with the demand that you have placed upon this community.

please don't ban me please please please
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby theavengers85 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:12 pm

I think you are okay, he didn't say that warnings would be dished out to trolls if they don't swear :whistling:
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:14 pm

crazyperson wrote:If you don't want us to rely on the word filter, why make it in the first place

For the new people who don't know how to behave maturely. There are still young kids who look at the posts and I wouldn't want them to see the crude language that gets used sometimes either.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Re: Returning civility to these forums

Postby NiteRunner81 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 pm

And the rakghouls are already feasting. Lovely!!!
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Matt already got a break by artificially increasing his post count by almost a thousand posts, Nite. No mercy.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby (Swgo)Ted » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:37 pm

[quote="[m'kay]"]Sir, I will be civil when you use the correct version of "forum". Until then I will have to engage in fisticuffs with the demand that you have placed upon this community.

Dude come on ur talkling t othe head man here. IF u gonna correct everyone then just quit posting
(Swgo)Ted
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 pm

I've seen way too much profanity on these forums recently, therefore I respect and thank Matt for speaking up. Narg, I thought you had the intelligence to stop, and know when you went too far. But you went too far and lost alot of respect from me in the process. Please, just pipe down and stop disrespecting so many people.

Crazy, the word filter is there to stop someone shouting out derogatory terms; and to stop people seeing them. The filter has been abused recently.

I think everyone on these forums can look at what Matt's posted, and think what they can do to help make these forums become more friendly.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby (Swgo)Ted » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 pm

SWINE FLU wrote:I've seen way too much profanity on these forums recently, therefore I respect and thank Matt for speaking up. Narg, I thought you had the intelligence to stop, and know when you went too far. But you went too far and lost alot of respect from me in the process. Please, just pipe down and stop disrespecting so many people.

Crazy, the word filter is there to stop someone shouting out derogatory terms; and to stop people seeing them. The filter has been abused recently.

I think everyone on these forums can look at what Matt's posted, and think what they can do to help make these forums become more friendly.

I am one of those with bad behavor some times and i 100 percent agree with this and matt
(Swgo)Ted
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II