Endor, bring it back!

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Would you like to see the Endor map again? (conquest)

Yes!! Walkers, Speeders and Ewoks all week.
40%
Yes!! but only once a week (Fridays)
7%
No. I hate this map. I never liked the woods.
38%
No. But I will consider the Hunt map....
14%

Total votes : 42

Endor, bring it back!

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:32 pm

seriously, we used to have this map on Fridays....why did we take it out of the map list?

if you don't like it, why? :action-smiley-043:
Last edited by CommanderOtto on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Endor, bring it back!

Postby Tiburana203 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 pm

i always hated how the vegetation and colors on the map make it impossible to ever find anyone not in white.

i wouldn't mind hunt though; what could be better than running through a forest in an armored suit while hunting space-bears using a laser gun?
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Endor is like hoth for rebs.

-----In Hoth, rebs always win because they have the speeder advantage (but soldiers are very visible with the white and green contrast)
----- In Endor, in my opinion, stormtroopers have the advantage. They have ATSTs (but soldiers are very visible with the white and green contrast)

but oh common, you can always look at your minimap to find the enemy. And it's not that hard to shoot a reb hiding in the bushes :whistling:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 pm

bump...

sigh, why do people hate it so much? I rmeember we used to have it on fridays in the afternoon. :wacko:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Tiburana203 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 am

CommanderOtto wrote: why do people hate it so much?

its most definitely a psychological issue. i believe that in this case, the issue is not the map, but the moral dilemmas accompanying the specific factions fighting on Endor. you see, in these "Star Wars" one's allegiance and sympathy can be given to either side. the empire can be viewed either as tyrannical, or as a beneficial government that eliminates the problems of democracy, namely slow decision making and disagreement. the rebels can bee seen either as oppressed citizens united in a struggle for freedom, or as anarchists who commit acts of terrorism against the Death Star police force.

players have no moral issue with killing troops on either side. on Mos Eisley, we also have no issue killing Jawas when they interfere in battle because, lets face it, they're just a bunch of hustlers who sell stolen droids. On Geonosis, the native species are annoying, murderous insects that drive troops insane with their annoying blasters; we kill them without thinking twice.

this all changes on Endor. the average persons morals simply will not allow them to participate in a battle where innocent space-bears get killed( hunters may feel differently but that's beside the point). these bears are simply trying to defend their home from invaders who would otherwise kill them. we are forced to see the battle through their innocent eyes. Parallels to the American invasion of Native American lands may even be to blame for the guilt that shrouds the Endor map. Simply put, guilt and strong morals wont allow this map to be played.
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 am

Tiburana203 wrote:

its most definitely a psychological issue. i believe that in this case, the issue is not the map, but the moral dilemmas accompanying the specific factions fighting on Endor. you see, in these "Star Wars" one's allegiance and sympathy can be given to either side. the empire can be viewed either as tyrannical, or as a beneficial government that eliminates the problems of democracy, namely slow decision making and disagreement. the rebels can bee seen either as oppressed citizens united in a struggle for freedom, or as anarchists who commit acts of terrorism against the Death Star police force.

players have no moral issue with killing troops on either side. on Mos Eisley, we also have no issue killing Jawas when they interfere in battle because, lets face it, they're just a bunch of hustlers who sell stolen droids. On Geonosis, the native species are annoying, murderous insects that drive troops insane with their annoying blasters; we kill them without thinking twice.

this all changes on Endor. the average persons morals simply will not allow them to participate in a battle where innocent space-bears get killed( hunters may feel differently but that's beside the point). these bears are simply trying to defend their home from invaders who would otherwise kill them. we are forced to see the battle through their innocent eyes. Parallels to the American invasion of Native American lands may even be to blame for the guilt that shrouds the Endor map. Simply put, guilt and strong morals wont allow this map to be played.

Yeah this is basically it. Maybe try not being quite so insensitive, Otto?
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 am

Narg, you ass, you changed your awesome avatar.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Doves » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:29 am

CommanderOtto wrote:bump...

You bumped a topic that was less than a day old?
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:40 am

[m'kay] wrote:
Tiburana203 wrote:

Yeah this is basically it. Maybe try not being quite so insensitive, Otto?

:whistling: i'm not insensitive! We must remember that there are people who do want to restore power and glory to the galaxy. The only way of achieving this is by supporting the empire and slaughtering these animals with this technological terror we have constructed. A price has to be paid so we can wear this uniform.... that said, murder the blinking ewoks. Kill em all. :twisted:

I still don't see why teh map was removed when it was only played on fridays! Lol we play maps like Utapau, or Yavin, but no endor? mah gawd.
Last edited by CommanderOtto on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 am

I actually like Endor; those still playing this game have a very skewed moral compass - nice try Tibuarana! :mrgreen:

That said, I recommend taking out Utapau (I hate that map!), and replacing it with Endor.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II