If Anyone Needs Modding Help

All information and activities related to SWBF2

If Anyone Needs Modding Help

Postby {MNC}Undercover » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:30 am

I'm new to these forums(but not new on bf2) And I would like to share anything I can to fellow modders or beginners.

I've worked on it some time now, and I can hex edit the crap out of the original .lvl files (sides, levels).

A few examples of my work would be replacing flags on maps with some campaign items(dna object on Kamino) that would work just like the flag, +1, +10 etc.... making tanks spawn in walls, changing where the flags are at, floating mines, making secret command posts captureable.. getting ammo anywhere.

if anyone needs some mod help just toss me a pvt msg. ;)
MNC - Making Noobs Cry
{MNC}Undercover
Community Member

Re: If Anyone Needs Modding Help

Postby THEWULFMAN » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Instead of doing painful hex editing you can just recompile the LVLs. I honestly can't understand why people still hex edit SWBF2 (except for hex editing material values in models).
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby {MNC}Undercover » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:07 pm

In my own personal experience, hex editing is very fast and very easy. The hardest mod I made work was placing a tank spawn inside the miniature pyramid on Yavin, which took about 5 minutes.
MNC - Making Noobs Cry
{MNC}Undercover
Community Member

Postby Sketchup » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 pm

1. Is there a way to add vehicles to maps that don't already have them? (If possible)
2. How do you make ammo bots indestructible?
3. How do you make certain health droids indestructible and others destructible? (If possible)

Thanks for offering to help!
Sketchup
Community Member

Postby {MNC}Undercover » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:04 pm

You cannot add new tanks to empty maps.

You can make droids invincible, but not individually.

All you must do is open the ingame.lvl with a hex editor and search for com_item_weaponrecharge and keep hitting F3(next intance) until you see the one with some numbers below it. The health value for ammo droids is 80

to give you a better idea on comparing health values, snipers, bothans, jets, darkies have 300 health.

in the same file, search for com_item_healthrecharge this is the code for med droids.

the health for med droids is 200

you can make both 99999.0

this will control all droids in all maps.
MNC - Making Noobs Cry
{MNC}Undercover
Community Member

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II