Problem with an Admin

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Problem with an Admin

Postby Draigun » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:52 pm

I agree with Brazo, I would venture to guess that there is another side to this. Mustang is a decent player however, so him complaining here must mean that the ban may be questionable.

I chose not to say anything regarding the incident that occurred almost two weeks ago with Pootus banning me for 3 hours, but because I am seeing a reasonable person being banned here for a day, I will no longer keep quiet about it. Now, I already know people are going to hop onto the "SWGO admins are humans, not robots" train, but before we get any further, let me clarify what happened:

Spoiler: show
December 17th, 2013 at around 4:30 PM PST on Jedi Battle Arena (Tantive IV Conquest)

I was on Jedi Battle Arena on the Tantive IV map, playing as a recon class. I went to the ammo droid where the console is at the front of the ship, next to that command post. I went into the console, crouched, and remained somewhat hidden from sight. Now, this area that I am in (let's refer it to the console) is known to NOT be a glitch, as there is no collision value attached to it that prevents you from being shot at. Ever since SWBF2 came out, WGO admins (or perhaps SWGO admins) determined this was NOT classified as a glitch, since you CAN be shot at when in it--the only object that protects you is the ammo droid.

Now back to when I was in the console: after about a minute in the console, I was banned for glitching for 3 hours by admin Pootus Tangus. An admin such as Pootus has been an admin ever since 2011; he's somewhat experienced at administration in SWGO servers, most notably the conquest servers. But why would an admin, who is experienced with conquest admin protocol, ban for something that is obviously not a glitch? I will also be willing to bet that Pootus did in fact know it was not a glitch, but decided to ban me anyway. I'm not sure if he was targeting RAPTOR, myself, someone else indirectly that I know of or have contact with, or just had a short circuited tantrum that I happen to be in the crossfire. Regardless of that all, I was banned unjustly, and my ban was never retracted. Three hours is manageable, but the fact that it was wrong and was never released further adds to how Pootus disobeys the admin protocol.

Well, it just so happens that I was not alone in this clearly abusive admin behavior. About 3 hours beforehand, there were other players who unfortunately suffered from Pootus' behavior, and were banned unjustly. I only witnessed this once by a player named 'Sub Zero', who was banned for 1 month for saying a word; the context was questionable, but not necessarily a bannable offense on SWGO servers--it wasn't even a xenophobia comment.

Anyway, my point being that I was banned for clearly not glitching, and not doing anything wrong. Should we take into account this behavior with this case? I would hope not, but this is another way of seeing possibilities. Is this a first for SWGO admin abuse? Certainly not, and it's certainly not a first where admins make mistakes. Pootus had made a mistake before at around mid-year of this year, I think.

However, I hope you didn't intentionally make that comment derogatory Mustang, because anyone can lie over the Internet, and a message like that does not have context, so it is open for interpretation. You probably shouldn't have said that, but if regardless if you were joking, there is some demeanor attached to it, which is usually unavoidable with such a comment.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Drai, actually we were told about your ban some time ago. After some discussion most admins agreed it wasn't a glitch. No need to worry about it anymore.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Duel of Fates » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Yes. Draigun, it was deemed not a glitch, a long time ago. Unfortunately, newer admins weren't expressly told that was not a glitch, and since the issue never came up, it was not covered again. So there was a lapse in defining that particular non glitch. Move on.

I blame MD, he was in charge of the distributing the weekly newsletter and coupon flyer.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 am

My bad.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:58 am

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:My bad.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Guess we'll have to get Kren to do it.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:38 am

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:
MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:My bad.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Guess we'll have to get Kren to do it.

...if you want it doing right :whistling:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Hobo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:28 pm

It used to be normal for all the players to shoot each other after they knew they won... and I've never gotten banned for force pushing people to their deaths when all the cps were captured :dots:
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Hobo wrote:It used to be normal for all the players to shoot each other after they knew they won... and I've never gotten banned for force pushing people to their deaths when all the cps were captured :dots:

well true. I also commonly push people several times when all CP's are captured. :whistling:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:49 pm

There's no harm done if it's after all CP's are taken. On the other hand, I will ban the ones that push his mates before the timer runs out, and the death counts.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Duel of Fates » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:52 pm

natester77 wrote:see im not the crazy one saying admins are corrupt.

Crazy? No.
Asinine? Yes.
Moronic? Yes.
Ignorant? Yes.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II