How can anyone play in our servers?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

How can anyone play in our servers?

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:51 pm

I just got done playing (trying to play more like it) in JBA. It was awful. Mines fell in places I never intended, I had a hard time keeping my guy running in a straight line, rockets were not visible when fired, and when fired.. it always missed targets. As I'm playing, I could hear the RM losing connection and trying to reconnect. Left the game to check RM.. I was disconnected, and I couldn't connect back.. kept getting error message that I couldn't reconnect because I was already connected.. yet I wasn't, I was not logged in. This is getting crazy, and we will lose our fanbase. We need to do something now, this has been going on for too long and is getting worse. I hate to admit this being a admin here, but I can't play in our servers anymore. That's how bad it has gotten.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Re: How can anyone play in our servers?

Postby [NH]Shadow » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:07 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:I just got done playing (trying to play more like it) in JBA. It was awful. Mines fell in places I never intended, I had a hard time keeping my guy running in a straight line, rockets were not visible when fired, and when fired.. it always missed targets. As I'm playing, I could hear the RM losing connection and trying to reconnect. Left the game to check RM.. I was disconnected, and I couldn't connect back.. kept getting error message that I couldn't reconnect because I was already connected.. yet I wasn't, I was not logged in. This is getting crazy, and we will lose our fanbase. We need to do something now, this has been going on for too long and is getting worse. I hate to admit this being a admin here, but I can't play in our servers anymore. That's how bad it has gotten.

To reconnect RM in a situation like that, where RM has been inexplicably shut down, you cannot connect unless A) you manually disconnect yourself, or B) get someone with SM to disconnect you. To disconnect RM, right click on the taskbar, than click "Start Task Manager" (or hit Shift+Ctrl+Esc). Then, go to the the Processes tab. Find the process called swbf2rm32.exe (or something like that), than click End Process. It will shut down the RM process and disconnect you from the server, allowing you to reconnect. Even if RM isn't "open", it can still be running in the background, and the RM process needs to be ended from WTM (Windows Task Manager).
Hope this helps. :th_a017:

P.S. was this suppsed to go in the Server Support forum? :wacko:
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:29 pm

The RM will reconnect if you wait a few minutes. I just think this is all related to the server's lag issues.
I didn't want this to be a support issue, it's more of a complaint than anything else. A complaint that I think needs to be addressed as soon as possible really. This has been going on for too long now, and we are losing players, me being one of them.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 pm

This is an example of why I don't play with RM connected. JBA is worse than NYC. Two different services? Funny thing is, JBA is supposedly connected 'closer' geographically to me in VA than NYC.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (SWGO)Max » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:I just got done playing (trying to play more like it) in JBA. It was awful. Mines fell in places I never intended, I had a hard time keeping my guy running in a straight line, rockets were not visible when fired, and when fired.. it always missed targets. As I'm playing, I could hear the RM losing connection and trying to reconnect. Left the game to check RM.. I was disconnected, and I couldn't connect back.. kept getting error message that I couldn't reconnect because I was already connected.. yet I wasn't, I was not logged in. This is getting crazy, and we will lose our fanbase. We need to do something now, this has been going on for too long and is getting worse. I hate to admit this being a admin here, but I can't play in our servers anymore. That's how bad it has gotten.

Trolol, stop complaining because you are getting your butt whooped you noob.

:lol:

Jk, I've had this problem before too, but don't know how to fix it.
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Xfire: mrelite1

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:58 pm

I know, I sound whiney.. but I never saw it that bad. The RM chiming in and out ingame, the error message stating I can't have a duplicate log in, all added to my frustration. I actually went to Leggz server after that. I feel dirty.

Just had a thought, it could of been my internet. :innocent:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:27 am

Interesting Pan. Leggz banned me from his server due to my association with SWGO. And here I've NEVER banned him! Fact is, I've always regarded him as a worthy opponent . Coulda Cared less about personalities.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:52 am

Funny crap 40, I get jumped on when I go to other servers... just because I'm an admin here. It happened at Leggz earlier today. Like a cop in a dark alley, with no back-up. :bloodyfist:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:40 am

Small minds do small things. Nothing can be done about that.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Draigun » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:02 am

Agreed.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Next