Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

Postby Ain't of Judgement » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Jedi Power wrote:There is some sort of patch that let's you see through walls. I have seen players use it while I watch others. Walls are a blue color and transparent. I have no problem giving props to the greatest of players, but then there is a line that seems to be being crossed.

._.
Ow you've caught me!!! Yep it excist, all pro's use it, omg I can't believe you found our secret. :'(
Spoiler: show
lmao this is hilarious but seriously, it is called using "the MAP"! xD

Dark troopers are definitely not OP. You can easily kill them because they have low health (the same health as a sniper). Snipers can kill them with 1 shot, even soldier class can kill them. When countering a dark trooper you gotta make sure you are out of the "arc blaster radius". Seriously, dark troopers are really not OP. Engineers are OP and if you've got no-scope sniper skillz then snipers are also OP. The reason why you noobs think dark troopers are OP is because you Always use rocket launcher noob class. This is the worst class to counter a dark trooper because you've got only 1 Lucky shot to fire when dark troopers are fast and kill you in no time. When you get sick of getting killed by dark troopers all the time (and you were using rocket noobs class all the time) I would suggest you use an other class. Dark troopers are only good to capture cp5 on kamino and maybe cp5 on mos eisley or indeed for fast transport if you gotta be on the other side of the map. Remember guys the best tip I can give is stay the [m'kay] out of the "arc blaster radius" and you're all set. Don't let them come close to you. And another great tip when you're using a rocket noob class and you counter a dark trooper is that you just retreat because you're probably not going to win the gun fight.

So thanks to this treat I finally know what the darky glitch is. I don't think you need this glitch to kill wookies. Just shock them then fury swap to your pistol, use rapid pistol untill overheated (this must be in less than a second and you gotta have good aim -headshots help-), fury swap to your arc blaster again and shock. It's how I do it and always have done it. I'll probably never use the darky glitch.
Ain't of Judgement
Community Member

Xfire: Aιη'Τ φf JuΔgΣϻεπΓ

Postby Draigun » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Ain't of Judgement wrote:Dark troopers are definitely not OP. You can easily kill them because they have low health (the same health as a sniper).

True, dark troopers that do not use DTG are much more manageable to kill, but you are using this as your leverage to continue the perpetual debate that dtg is ok to use. The fact is you intentionally left out what makes the class OP.

Ain't of Judgement wrote:The reason why you noobs think dark troopers are OP is because you Always use rocket launcher noob class.

You're a complete idiot if you think every person who complains about DTGing plays this class when going up against it. Well done. :appl: The fact that you even went to make such an assumption doesn't help your credibility here.

Ain't of Judgement wrote:Remember guys the best tip I can give is stay the [m'kay] out of the "arc blaster radius" and you're all set. Don't let them come close to you.

Except you left out the part where dark troopers have the greatest mobility advantage in the game as an infantry class. Also, its radius is hard to avoid since it has quite the large jump distance. See below for the source of arc caster.

Source of arccaster extracted from bf2 source code (I included some comments to help explain what it means, they are marked as //):
Code: Select all
Extracted from source file: com_weap_inf_arccaster_ord.odf

[OrdnanceClass]

ClassLabel          = "emitterordnance"

[Properties]
ConeLength          = "25"
ConeAngle           = "40" //40 degree angle when arccaster fired at point of impact
FirstRadius         = "1.2"
MaxTargets          = "3" //max units the chain lightning affects

OrdnanceSound           = "force_lightning_impact"

Damage              = "300"
MaxDamage           = "325" //fully charged
JumpDeduction           = "5"
DamageThreshold         = "300"
MaxJumpDistance         = "10"

Also I will include the source that proves arccaster has a 2.0 second shot delay value that should not be bypassed. The bypassing of this is known as DTG.
Code: Select all
Extracted from source file: com_weap_inf_arccaster.odf

[WeaponClass]
ClassLabel              = "cannon"

[Properties]
ChargeUpEffect          = "com_sfx_chargeup"
MuzzleFlash             = "med_muzzle_flash"
FlashColor              = "80 80 255 255"
FlashLength             = 0.025
FlashLightColor         = "220 220 255 175"
Discharge               = "med_smoke_effect"

RoundsPerClip           = "5"
AmmoPerShot             = "1"
ReloadTime              = "3.0"
HeatRecoverRate         = "0.2"
HeatThreshold           = "0.25"

ZoomMin                 = "2.0"
ZoomMax                 = "2.0"
ZoomRate                = "0.0"

AnimationBank           = "rifle"
FirePointName           = "hp_fire"

TriggerSingle           = "1"
ShotDelay               = "2.0" //1.0 <- DTG occurs when this value is bypassed
HeatPerShot             = "0.0"
MaxPressedTime          = "3.0" //2.5
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Ain't of Judgement » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Why do I even give tips when I only get called idiot for my answers [derriere orifice].
Ain't of Judgement
Community Member

Xfire: Aιη'Τ φf JuΔgΣϻεπΓ

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Ain't of Judgement wrote:Why do I even give tips when I only get called idiot for my answers [derriere orifice].

Because you are an idiot. Oh, and watch the language moron.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Ain't of Judgement wrote:Why do I even give tips when I only get called idiot for my answers [derriere orifice].

First of all, stop with the obscene language, or this will be your last post. He called you an idiot, and quite frankly, I can't disagree with him. It's the way you carry yourself here at the forums that warrants it. If you don't like being called and idiot, stop acting like one. Grow up. Secondly, you're post was way off the topic.. no one here is complaining about Darkies being OP, they're complaining about the use of a glitch. Take time to comprehend the topic before you spew out "tips". You come here trolling, expect to be called names.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby NiteRunner81 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:01 pm

What panama said, and my addendum:

This is your first warning, I don't give second warnings, clean it up or I'll clean you out!!!
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby CommanderOtto » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Ain't of Judgement wrote:
Jedi Power wrote:There is some sort of patch that let's you see through walls. I have seen players use it while I watch others. Walls are a blue color and transparent. I have no problem giving props to the greatest of players, but then there is a line that seems to be being crossed.

._.
Ow you've caught me!!! Yep it excist, all pro's use it, omg I can't believe you found our secret. :'(
Spoiler: show
lmao this is hilarious but seriously, it is called using "the MAP"! xD

Dark troopers are definitely not OP. You can easily kill them because they have low health (the same health as a sniper). Snipers can kill them with 1 shot, even soldier class can kill them. When countering a dark trooper you gotta make sure you are out of the "arc blaster radius". Seriously, dark troopers are really not OP. Engineers are OP and if you've got no-scope sniper skillz then snipers are also OP. The reason why you noobs think dark troopers are OP is because you Always use rocket launcher noob class. This is the worst class to counter a dark trooper because you've got only 1 Lucky shot to fire when dark troopers are fast and kill you in no time. When you get sick of getting killed by dark troopers all the time (and you were using rocket noobs class all the time) I would suggest you use an other class. Dark troopers are only good to capture cp5 on kamino and maybe cp5 on mos eisley or indeed for fast transport if you gotta be on the other side of the map. Remember guys the best tip I can give is stay the [m'kay] out of the "arc blaster radius" and you're all set. Don't let them come close to you. And another great tip when you're using a rocket noob class and you counter a dark trooper is that you just retreat because you're probably not going to win the gun fight.

So thanks to this treat I finally know what the darky glitch is. I don't think you need this glitch to kill wookies. Just shock them then fury swap to your pistol, use rapid pistol untill overheated (this must be in less than a second and you gotta have good aim -headshots help-), fury swap to your arc blaster again and shock. It's how I do it and always have done it. I'll probably never use the darky glitch.

sorry judge, but you seem to think you are THE BEST, but there are plenty of people out there better than you. I am not saying i'm good at this game either, but I don't understand why you act like this.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Max » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:56 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
I know, but I am just tired of loosing my hero to a darkie glitcher.

Not trying to troll here... Okay so maybe 50/50 serious/trolling. How does knowing how to darkie glitch help your hero??
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Xfire: mrelite1

Postby WD-40 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:08 am

There were several detailed posts (mine included) discussing the advantages of different classes other than Vanguad (the 'Rocket Noob' class you mentioned) vs DT. You definitely didn't read the posts nor the basis of the discussion. Staying out of the arc range is a no brainer. It's the rapid recharge we were discussing.
Last edited by WD-40 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:08 am

I think it's more like a vendetta kind of thing. :bloodyfist:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II