How close to the line can you get

All information and activities related to SWBF2

How close to the line can you get

Postby (SWGO)Max » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:31 pm

So ths is a question regarding a move that is infinite choke but not infinite choke. Just hear me out.

If you don't know how to infinite choke don't read this topic, you don't need the temptation to break more rules.

So we all know the when you choke without infinite choke, your character walks slowly and if you try to jump when you are choking it gives you a sticky feet effect. So recently something I thought of that I wanted to check and make sure was okay.

When you choke and swap to infinite, you regain energy and you are not slowed when walking, you can also sprint while choking and you can jump normally. So what I want to know, is can I pop someone with choke, and swap to infinite for a split second so that I can jump normally? Because while it is how you infinite choke, when done fast, you gain no energy back, and you still lose the energy from the initial choke. But doing this would allow someone to be able to kill players quicker (With the right knowledge) and could help even out vs say if he was on SWGO Ha playing vs pullers.

Again, you are not gaining stamina while choking, doing this move simply keeps the sticky feet effect from happening.
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Xfire: mrelite1

Re: How close to the line can you get

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:42 pm

I would say no. Despite the fact that you gain no energy you still are using a glitch to further your gameplay. No one is allowed to glitch through the cantina wall because it's a faster way to get to the other side of the building.

Also as you said before there are people who don't know how to use the glitch so you would be giving and unfair advantage to players who do.

Just my 2 cents of course, I'm not the one who says so :whistling:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Son » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:48 pm

I would say no also. If you are using infi choke for any reason, it is breaking the rules.
Welcome to SWGO....Enjoy your ban

Despite what your mamma has told you...
Violence does solve some problems.
Son
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: caeduslives
Steam ID: jwfrens80

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:49 pm

hey max, I know it sounds allright, but this has been talked about for a long time among admins. Even if it is one second, it isn't allowed in swgo or else people will abuse it (even if you don't, others will). =/
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:10 pm

No, for two reasons. First, the rule is that "no infinite choke is allowed", because swapping to inf choke is a glitch. It follows that any altered ability you gain from it, such as being able to jump faster, is an advantageous consequence of the glitch. Whether you gain stamina or not is besides the point; you're using a glitch to your advantage.

Second, if we said "okay, as long as you only use it like you've suggested", the rule would become harder to enforce. How long until players start pushing the boundaries, using inf choke for a second before jumping/moving? As with all rules, a few players would always try to take it to the limit without getting banned, and it makes it harder to enforce the server's rules, and would likely make it hard to enforce the rule consistently.

Some advice, if you want to go in for the kill fast. Choking someone results in a recovery period in which the player's unable to move after they've been choked and it's released. If you choke someone, then stop choking, you can get to them fast enough to kill them before they can fight back in an overwhelming majority of cases. Personally I almost never even move when I choke. I use it to stun someone, then kill them while they're still getting up.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby imaim » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:17 am

Corpse wrote:Some advice, if you want to go in for the kill fast. Choking someone results in a recovery period in which the player's unable to move after they've been choked and it's released. If you choke someone, then stop choking, you can get to them fast enough to kill them before they can fight back in an overwhelming majority of cases. Personally I almost never even move when I choke. I use it to stun someone, then kill them while they're still getting up.

^^This^^

Also, if ur farther away, quick choke, release & walk/run, then quick choke again for another stun, and ur there.
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby (SWGO)Max » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:28 pm

imaim wrote:
Corpse wrote:Some advice, if you want to go in for the kill fast. Choking someone results in a recovery period in which the player's unable to move after they've been choked and it's released. If you choke someone, then stop choking, you can get to them fast enough to kill them before they can fight back in an overwhelming majority of cases. Personally I almost never even move when I choke. I use it to stun someone, then kill them while they're still getting up.

^^This^^

Also, if ur farther away, quick choke, release & walk/run, then quick choke again for another stun, and ur there.

Imaim, while both of the above suggested moves work and are well known, it wouldn't fulfill the intended purpose. I normally always do what Corpse said. But yours defeats the purpose of not using a bunch of energy.

It's just that I was asking about this because if it is allowed, players who know how to one hit kill could pop a choke and kill someone in a split second. It would speed up gameplay and you wouldn't be pulled off your kills as easily if you know the one hit kill aerial.
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Yes, the machine gun choke works very well. There is a half second stun where they are "landing" back to the ground and you can sprint in closer then choke again.

Also you can't sprint WHILE choking, it cuts off choke.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Max » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:39 pm

-)G(-Mawk wrote:Yes, the machine gun choke works very well. There is a half second stun where they are "landing" back to the ground and you can sprint in closer then choke again.

Also you can't sprint WHILE choking, it cuts off choke.

You can when you infinite choke. I believe I listed that under the advantages of infinite choke. Go try it, I know for a fact you can.
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:35 pm

Density. Not just a physical property.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II