GameSpy Sever Shut Down.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: GameSpy Sever Shut Down.

Postby WD-40 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:51 pm

[NH]Veritas wrote:If there's no SWBF2 I will have absolutely nothing to do. I guess I'll just have to stare at haasd0gg's signature all day :whistling:

You have two hands don't you?!? When one gets tired, just switch to the other while staring at Haas' Signature. Simple. Being that 'reading' didn't cross your mind. Just saying. :whistling:
Edit: well...I have to confess, I showed that signature gif pic to a few guys a work, and they quite literally stared at it with their mouths open, not saying a word, for a good 10 seconds. So, I guess it's time well spent. Ha! 'Spent'! :lol:
Last edited by WD-40 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby deadmeow » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 am

If a seamless patch could be created, and worked well, then this might not be bad. But the question is, can a smooth, seamless patch be created, and distributed properly? I think with all the popular mods floating around for SWBF2, that a patch that re-enabled a seemingly normal netplay, could be uploaded on sites next to these mod patches and other SWBF2 downloads, and gain popularity.

So I guess it will remain to be seen. After the original servers die, Tunngle will at least be the best option until a patch is or could be released. I would be very excited if a "seamless" patch could be made! So we will see...?
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:03 am

deadmeow wrote:If a seamless patch could be created, and worked well, then this might not be bad. But the question is, can a smooth, seamless patch be created, and distributed properly? I think with all the popular mods floating around for SWBF2, that a patch that re-enabled a seemingly normal netplay, could be uploaded on sites next to these mod patches and other SWBF2 downloads, and gain popularity.

So I guess it will remain to be seen. After the original servers die, Tunngle will at least be the best option until a patch is or could be released. I would be very excited if a "seamless" patch could be made! So we will see...?

Eyes Only in creating it, so if you'd like to help...xD
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:41 am

deadmeow,

all due respect, the team is working on this patch right now and will be able to implement and test things out and work out the bugs and kinks BEFORE GameSpy shuts down.. Administration (M@TT, Haas, myself) want to give the team that Eyes Only is running the chance to finish their work before we decide what route we're taking..

No need to keep campaigning for your candidate... in fact we'd appreciate it if you'd just sit back and relax and enjoy the game right now.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:17 am

Eyes Only wrote:We already have patches released for the game that fix many bugs, all we need to do is just update our current patch with the new server addresses. I would rather have an updated patch that fixes bugs, fixes chat colors, protects me from crashing, and seamlessly re-enables online multiplayer than having to install new software that creates random VPN connections to god knows where. No registration required, no login required, no configuration required, no new software required. Just click the multiplayer tab in swbfront2 and it works.
Proper.

Eyes, I have some familiarity with C++, do you need someone for code review or something?

Let me know if there is anything I can do.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Inspector Gadget » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Eyes Only wrote:
deadmeow wrote:Tunngle has a unified, single SWBF2 lobby. You install, register a user name, login, and then you only have 1 SWBF2 lobby. Period. This is not hamachi or a random vpn. Tunngle is specifically for gaming. Openspy (gamespy replacement) is full of bugs, requires someone constantly run a master server, requires that someone is possibly able to create a patch for the swbf2.exe, and requires every person to install that patch. If the master server goes down, it is useless. If the master server changes hands, then you need to install another patch, and good luck chasing everyone down for that.

Tunngle requires no modification or patch to your existing game. Install, run, login, join the single SWBF2 network. Load/run SWBF2, go to LAN, and it will list ALL the dedicated servers and non-dedicated servers, just as we currently have under the netplay option. It does not splinter anything, and it keeps everyone on the same page.

Over the past year or so, when I join the SWBF1 lobby on Tunngle, I notice that the SWBF2 lobby usually has a few people in there. I would suggest people try it out now. SWBF1 has already been through this, and openspy only fragmented the remaining community into 2, and never worked properly for most people, glitchy, full of bugs, and was completely abandoned. Now everyone who plays uses tunngle, period. If you can find a better and easier option, then please let me know, as most of us want a simple way for online play.

This is what is most likely to happen. Because it has already happened to swbf1.

We already have patches released for the game that fix many bugs, all we need to do is just update our current patch with the new server addresses. I would rather have an updated patch that fixes bugs, fixes chat colors, protects me from crashing, and seamlessly re-enables online multiplayer than having to install new software that creates random VPN connections to god knows where. No registration required, no login required, no configuration required, no new software required. Just click the multiplayer tab in swbfront2 and it works.
Proper.

Since Eyes is the one working on this patch I assume it will remove the Darky glitch?
Inspector Gadget
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Wouldn't that be a shame. :twisted:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Eyes Only wrote:
deadmeow wrote:Tunngle has a unified, single SWBF2 lobby. You install, register a user name, login, and then you only have 1 SWBF2 lobby. Period. This is not hamachi or a random vpn. Tunngle is specifically for gaming. Openspy (gamespy replacement) is full of bugs, requires someone constantly run a master server, requires that someone is possibly able to create a patch for the swbf2.exe, and requires every person to install that patch. If the master server goes down, it is useless. If the master server changes hands, then you need to install another patch, and good luck chasing everyone down for that.

Tunngle requires no modification or patch to your existing game. Install, run, login, join the single SWBF2 network. Load/run SWBF2, go to LAN, and it will list ALL the dedicated servers and non-dedicated servers, just as we currently have under the netplay option. It does not splinter anything, and it keeps everyone on the same page.

Over the past year or so, when I join the SWBF1 lobby on Tunngle, I notice that the SWBF2 lobby usually has a few people in there. I would suggest people try it out now. SWBF1 has already been through this, and openspy only fragmented the remaining community into 2, and never worked properly for most people, glitchy, full of bugs, and was completely abandoned. Now everyone who plays uses tunngle, period. If you can find a better and easier option, then please let me know, as most of us want a simple way for online play.

This is what is most likely to happen. Because it has already happened to swbf1.

We already have patches released for the game that fix many bugs, all we need to do is just update our current patch with the new server addresses. I would rather have an updated patch that fixes bugs, fixes chat colors, protects me from crashing, and seamlessly re-enables online multiplayer than having to install new software that creates random VPN connections to god knows where. No registration required, no login required, no configuration required, no new software required. Just click the multiplayer tab in swbfront2 and it works.
Proper.

Since Eyes is the one working on this patch I assume it will remove the Darky glitch?

Ohh.. take off those pesky Gammo's, fix the sound glitch there and in Mos Esley. Unlimited mines would be nice. :whistling:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:10 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:Unlimited mines would be nice. :whistling:

Need a doorway defended? No problem, lay 5 mines, laugh as they get launched back 10 feet.

Incoming hero? No problem. Place 200 mines, launch them out of the map.

Keep people from taking the flag? No problem.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Inspector Gadget wrote:Since Eyes is the one working on this patch I assume it will remove the Darky glitch?

The darky glitch is part of a bug located in the server executable, not the client; the client is probably the only file that will be deployed to end users when it's ready. It really is a bug, but at the same time, there are many who would prefer that it be left unpatched. Therefore, within the various mechanisms from the replicated master server that we are building from the ground up, we could possibly make it so only servers with strict patched standards are displayed, but this is still undecided.

My opinion on the matter is that there should be some servers with DTG removed, but some with it still in gameplay. The last thing we want to do is further strip the population base; at least this is my perspective.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II