JOG and SWGO - Looking to the Future

All information and activities related to SWBF2

JOG and SWGO - Looking to the Future

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:33 am

Good afternoon everyone,

First, I'd like to congratulate everyone here on having survived several years of SWBF2. This was achieved only through the dedicated charge jovially taken up by MC and the like - kudos to you! All of us have molded this game, just as it has molded us, and I would like to make that last as long as possible.

Having committed ourselves to the preservation of a lasting, closely-knit Community, we all share responsibility for its triumphs and its failures. Recently, we've been upset by information from Gamespy that threatens to undermine our gaming experience. In an effort to ensure this doesn't occur, Jog would like to extend a hand in friendship to SWGO and to promise our support for whatever initiatives SWGO undertakes in its attempt to stave off what appears to be an inevitable end to our cherished BF2.

Because both JOG and SWGO have existed for so long, they have evolved to where, though still united by gaming, most members view themselves as part of a family. In order to secure this most important aspect of gaming going forward, and to bring novelty to an ancient (but still lovable) game, Jog is sponsoring the Orion Games, and we are excited to see more SWGO members actively participating. So far, the event has been an indisputable success, and it has drawn old and "new" players alike into its fold. By visiting the Jog Forums, located at clanjog.com, you may sign up for the Games and begin dueling. We look forward to the competition, to learning, and, perhaps, to teaching.

Any issues SWGO Admins have with JOG may be brought to my attention, as I am serving as an intermediary between our High Council and SWGO. Acting in this capacity, as an Ambassador (I'm not really one for diplomacy, but hey :mrgreen:), I hope to strengthen our relationship and resolve whatever issues may arise.

We wish Eyes Only the best of luck, reiterate our resolve to aid however we can, and wish that you all enjoy wonderful weeks.

May the Force be with You!
- SirPepsi/(JOG)PepsiFanatic
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Re: JOG and SWGO - Looking to the Future

Postby SG-17 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

This is the same JOG that was big into Jedi on the PlayStation 2 version a few years ago, right?
SG-17
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:57 am

I think relations with JOG has been improving. I like playing in their server from time to time. :th_a017:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm

SG-17 wrote:This is the same JOG that was big into Jedi on the PlayStation 2 version a few years ago, right?

Yes, the one and only :)

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby SG-17 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:56 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:
SG-17 wrote:This is the same JOG that was big into Jedi on the PlayStation 2 version a few years ago, right?

It is pretty amazing that you guys have stuck around this long. Is the leadership the same?
SG-17
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Max » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:46 pm

SG-17 wrote:
(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:

It is pretty amazing that you guys have stuck around this long. Is the leadership the same?

Jeff and Isaac are the most active leaders, but we recently merged and are joined with the ps4 section again so Chicali and all them are back with us.
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Xfire: mrelite1

Postby FaiL.? » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:06 pm

I find some of the JOG guys quite enjoyable to play with, some of them know what they're doing in the game, it's a nice feeling.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby SG-17 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 pm

(SWGO)Max wrote:
SG-17 wrote:
(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:

Jeff and Isaac are the most active leaders, but we recently merged and are joined with the ps4 section again so Chicali and all them are back with us.

So where does JOG se itself focusing on SWBF3? The PS4 or the PC?
SG-17
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 pm

As far as I know, wherever the majority of our players are we will be. At the launch of the new game - likely both. I see the potential for further expansion, and if the new game allows the setup of dedicated servers, I assume we will be running some.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby {JOG}Mastaisac » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:58 pm

SG-17, it's been a while. Nice to see you again

I'm glad that relations are improving between SWGO and JOG. It is always nice to have more players to play and battle against with.

And the leadership is mostly the same SG, aside from a few differences. The council as of now consists of:

Chicali
Jeff
Skylink
Myself
Navarro
Atmosphere
Frantic

We just recently moved to a new site a while ago [clanjog.com]. Before that, we were based on forumotions for our SWBF side of things with different councils (Viking, Neji, Bill, Rabbit, etc).

We look to be going to SWBF3 on PS4 and have a PC side of things open for it as well when the game comes out. Next gen wise, we have a BF4 division led by Chicali on PS4.

As Pepsi made mention, the Orion Games are active and running right now (it resets every month). If you all are looking for some good friendly competition, sign up!
HADUKEN!!!

{JOG}Mastaisac
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II