Gameranger for Star Wars Battlefront 2

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Gameranger for Star Wars Battlefront 2

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:03 pm

I've explored the use of Gameranger for hosting star wars battlefront 2 in place of Gamespy. Currently there are several PC dedicated servers for SWBF2 running on Gameranger. I would urge everyone to give it a try to see if it's something for you until other parties can work out something better.

I did run into an problem during installation that is rare but becoming more common as the number of users increase. When installing Gameranger, you get a flash error: "GameRanger requires adobe flash player to be installed" even though flash player is already installed. I looked for every solution online and tried them all. No one seems to have a solution for it, even the suggestion by Gameranger creator did not fix the problem. By accident I found a fix that worked. Go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/. It will download the correct version of flash that Gameranger requires. Make sure you pick the correct os.
I am currently running windows 8.1 pro 64bit and the other pc that had the same error had windows 8.1 home. On my windows 7 pc the installation was error free. I still don't understand how this fixed the problem but it did for me on both my PCs.
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

Re: Gameranger for Star Wars Battlefront 2

Postby Sketchup » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:53 am

Stop trying to make Gameranger happen. It's not going to happen. You can't have dedicated servers with Gameranger. We have two viable options right now:

1. Tungle
2. Eyes's Totalitarian Easy-EXE

I personally suggest we go with Eyes's option until they abuse the power, then switch to Tungle.
Sketchup
Community Member

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:28 am

Sketchup wrote:Stop trying to make Gameranger happen. It's not going to happen. You can't have dedicated servers with Gameranger. We have two viable options right now:

1. Tungle
2. Eyes's Totalitarian Easy-EXE

I personally suggest we go with Eyes's option until they abuse the power, then switch to Tungle.

There are dedicated servers on Gameranger. Double check your info. Downloading Tungle is actually how I discovered the fix for Gameranger Flash error LOL. Last I checked Eyes wasn't ready yet. I will check again.

I'm just suggesting temporary options until something better comes out. Peace.
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Postby Sketchup » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:08 am

Someone from BF1 said that you couldn't run a dedicated server on gameranger, only nondedis. If I'm wrong in this assumption, whoops.
Sketchup
Community Member

Postby deadmeow » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:56 am

Hopefully it won't be difficult to modify the exe for a great patch! I would be very excited to have a smooth patch that is used by most players. It also appears the guys at the Gametoast SWBF2 forums are working on something as well.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed May 07, 2014 1:55 am

according to some news, gameranger will allow the game to survive. I don't know if this will work as they claim it will, but we could give it a try. Click the link below.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/07/star-wars-battlefront-2-multiplayer-to-survive-gamespy-shutdown/
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Fri May 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Gameranger has been buggy for me. I have experimented with both Gameranger and Tunngle and I have found that Tunngle is less buggy and a lot easier to work with.
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Postby Gunner1010 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:23 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:according to some news, gameranger will allow the game to survive. I don't know if this will work as they claim it will, but we could give it a try. Click the link below.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/07/star-wars-battlefront-2-multiplayer-to-survive-gamespy-shutdown/

Sounds hopeful thanks Otto.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby deadmeow » Sun May 11, 2014 10:50 pm

GameRanger is very convenient. Tunngle is nice because you pick online play / LAN, then you have the normal server list/browser that you are used to. However I am very interested to see if a patch could be made to bypass the gamespy master server.

If there is one option that is much better than all of the rest, we will have larger amounts of SWBF2 players in one place, so I am rooting for a very good patch that will blow tunngle and gameranger out of the water!
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby Bryant » Tue May 13, 2014 2:39 am

deadmeow wrote:However I am very interested to see if a patch could be made to bypass the gamespy master server.

If there is one option that is much better than all of the rest, we will have larger amounts of SWBF2 players in one place, so I am rooting for a very good patch that will blow tunngle and gameranger out of the water!

Just so everyone knows, a patch to OpenSpy is looking very promising.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II