GameMaster replacement for GameSpy

All information and activities related to SWBF2

GameMaster replacement for GameSpy

Postby deadmeow » Wed May 21, 2014 4:32 am

I found this in the Steam SWBF2 forums. Here is a link to a new German (English translated version) SWBF2 exe file that has been modified to use their GameMaster server as a replacement for GameSpy.
http://game-share.de/gamemaster
deadmeow
Community Member

Re: GameMaster replacement for GameSpy

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu May 22, 2014 1:48 am

maybe someone like Drai or Eyes could have a look at this? Why has nobody mentioned this before :jawd:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Draigun » Thu May 22, 2014 7:46 am

I've analyzed that piece of software - it pretty much does exactly what we are doing, the only difference is that ours is being built by well known, trusted developers.

We are getting ready to deploy our fix pretty soon, just a few more needed procedures, and it will be ready to go. We've already had talks with a well known group that will be giving us the needed resources to launch a full-scale fix, and for it to be widely distributed across all realms.

It is a bit humorous to know that already, I count 5 entities willing to support SWBF2 in the afterlife (including us), most of which have redundant, bloated implementations for the fix.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Bryant » Thu May 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Draigun wrote:I've analyzed that piece of software - it pretty much does exactly what we are doing, the only difference is that ours is being built by well known, trusted developers.

We are getting ready to deploy our fix pretty soon, just a few more needed procedures, and it will be ready to go. We've already had talks with a well known group that will be giving us the needed resources to launch a full-scale fix, and for it to be widely distributed across all realms.

It is a bit humorous to know that already, I count 5 entities willing to support SWBF2 in the afterlife (including us), most of which have redundant, bloated implementations for the fix.

Are you building it off of openSpy? I should be able to get involved some next week until Thursday.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby KOko » Sat May 24, 2014 4:37 am

Draigun wrote:It is a bit humorous to know that already, I count 5 entities willing to support SWBF2 in the afterlife (including us), most of which have redundant, bloated implementations for the fix.

It does not matter how will you call em, it only matters that this will split the not-so-big community anyway. Not to mention the potential issues with hosting companies.
If every server will have it's own .exe to connect with, it will be a sad end indeed.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Sat May 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Draigun wrote:It is a bit humorous to know that already, I count 5 entities willing to support SWBF2 in the afterlife (including us), most of which have redundant, bloated implementations for the fix.

Relevant XKCD!

I would offer to help out, but I have nowhere near as much free time now and I'd probably just slow you down at this point.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby imaim » Sun May 25, 2014 1:45 am

Darth Crater wrote:

Relevant XKCD!

I would offer to help out, but I have nowhere near as much free time now and I'd probably just slow you down at this point.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby Viking2525 » Sun May 25, 2014 7:18 pm

I read about Game Ranger on IGN as being the Gamespy replacement. From what I read it's supposed to be a seamless transition to them managing the master server.
Viking2525
Community Member

Postby Papa Kane » Sun May 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Greetings from Germany, SWGO Community!

My name is Kane and I am a Core Admin of the largest german Battlefront-Community-Website SWBF3.de!

Kalle, one of our users has worked on a project as solution for the gamespy masterserver shutdown, which you already have been discovered: the GameMaster!
I noticed scepsis about this project and the trustworthiness of Kalle, so I want to share our current progress and some nice additional feature with you:

Today we can announce proudly that the GameMaster works stable and will be used as gamespy alternative for the whole german battlefront community! Tomorrow the official client files will be released. GameMaster will be supported by all of the larger german clans and our goal is to unite at least the whole european community to use the GameMaster, but we want to prevent splitting up of the SWBF2-Community, so we want to include all regions with active players. But to achieve this goal, we all have to use one solution as gamespy alternative. The GameMaster is easy, safe and works excellent! There will be no change for players if they use the modified .exe of the GameMaster. It is much more comfortable than any alternative like GameRanger or Tunngle. On our website you can get an instruction, translated to both, german and english. If you do not trust modified .exe files or the hoster, you can modify the files by yourself using a hex editor. The readme.txt in the GameMaster files explains what you have to do.

SWBF3.de highly recommend the GameMaster as simple and tested solution to solve the problems of the gamespy shutdown!

But what is about my promised additional feature? Here it is: The GameMaster now officially supports Star Wars: Battlefront 1 (and will support Battlefield 2 in the future)! So you are now able to play Battlefront in multiplayer again without any additional software required!

Allright, I have said far enough for today! ;)
I hope I could give you some reasons to not only try but use the GameMaster as gamespy alternative! My personal experiences are spectacular and you should definitively take a look!

Don't let the Battlefront community split up!

Over and out!
- Kane
Papa Kane
Community Member

Postby Eyes Only » Tue May 27, 2014 12:50 am

we have our own functional, do you have gamespy account creation/leaderboards/buddy list working yet?
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II