GameMaster replacement for GameSpy

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: GameMaster replacement for GameSpy

Postby Col. Hstar » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:09 am

WD, For your suspicions to have merit we would have to assume that-

1- They have been waiting for the gamespy server to shut down, or a similar situation, and give them this perfect opportunity to design programs people would want to download
2- The small handful of people who still play this game are of such importance that they would be worth targeting. (No slight intended to SWGO members, myself included)
3- This program will be more likely to have hidden virus or coding then any other program you download off the internet or webpage link that you click on.

Honestly are you saying you don't have any if the mod programs downloaded for the game. No maps that you added or unofficial updates??? To this game or any other game. Those are made by anyone and everyone.

If you're ultra paranoid then just don't download it.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:57 am

Col. Hstar wrote:WD, For your suspicions to have merit we would have to assume that-

1- They have been waiting for the gamespy server to shut down, or a similar situation, and give them this perfect opportunity to design programs people would want to download
2- The small handful of people who still play this game are of such importance that they would be worth targeting. (No slight intended to SWGO members, myself included)
3- This program will be more likely to have hidden virus or coding then any other program you download off the internet or webpage link that you click on.

Honestly are you saying you don't have any if the mod programs downloaded for the game. No maps that you added or unofficial updates??? To this game or any other game. Those are made by anyone and everyone.

If you're ultra paranoid then just don't download it.

I came to this came relatively late. Therefore, any viruses, etc that would have been a problem pertaining to mods or this game itself, would have been made known publicly long before I downloaded it. I don't know Eyes any more than I know you Hstar. Obviously, if I have a 'paranoia' about some software, I'm not going to download it, and this is certainly one of them. It's not meant to be personal, but if I personally knew Eyes, I suppose I would do it. I would never want to be the first (1,000 people) to download anything that wasn't from a reputable company that I'm familiar with. It's just me, and maybe a few others. I wish Eyes and Draigun the best of success making it work, as well as all who use it.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Papa Kane » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:43 am

Oh, okay, misunderstanding, just forget my last post... ^^

Some update for the GameMaster:
- Battlefront 1 + 2 supported, Battlefield 2 in development
- European and American masterservers available, compatible to each other, work as backup server if one has problems
- gamespy login server replacement in development, statistics will be available too we think
- english forum: http://gameshare.co/forum/
- modification can be manually done, if source not trusted
- support of listing every server manually by IP, no matter which server.exe it uses
- GameMaster is used by the largest European SWBF2 clans
Papa Kane
Community Member

Postby Bryant » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 am

Darth Crater wrote:
WD-40 wrote:Will this software code do things to our computers that we 'would not approve of'? Just saying. Breaking down barriers is what you guys love best. I guess I'd like to know what your 'motivation' is for doing this for old BF2, when BF3 seems so likely. It's not personal, but you two are black hats with white trim, and my vocation makes me naturally suspicious.

Eh, I trust Draigun about as far as I can throw him, but I don't think Eyes would do that sort of thing.

That said, I'm obviously going to be scanning the final product. And if I'm feeling really paranoid that day, I could always set up a dedicated VM.

Just so everyone knows, I plan on completely reviewing/validating the changes just we can move past any suspicion and enjoy the game!

:ninja:
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:41 am

Bryant wrote:
Darth Crater wrote:
WD-40 wrote:Will this software code do things to our computers that we 'would not approve of'? Just saying. Breaking down barriers is what you guys love best. I guess I'd like to know what your 'motivation' is for doing this for old BF2, when BF3 seems so likely. It's not personal, but you two are black hats with white trim, and my vocation makes me naturally suspicious.

Eh, I trust Draigun about as far as I can throw him, but I don't think Eyes would do that sort of thing.

That said, I'm obviously going to be scanning the final product. And if I'm feeling really paranoid that day, I could always set up a dedicated VM.

Just so everyone knows, I plan on completely reviewing/validating the changes just we can move past any suspicion and enjoy the game!

Either yours or Matt's Seal of Approval would go a long way. Then my Tin foil pirate hat can be set aside.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Sir Bang » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:50 am

WD-40 wrote:
Bryant wrote:
Darth Crater wrote:

Either yours or Matt's Seal of Approval would go a long way. Then my Tin foil pirate hat can be set aside.

+1, I think people will be more inclined to download (myself included) if SWGO (Bryant) has officially endorsed it (nothing personal against the developers).
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II