Suggestion

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Suggestion

Postby deadmeow » Wed May 21, 2014 7:47 pm

It might be a good idea to have a generic message on the SWGO servers to "check SWGO website and forums for up to date netplay options after the May 31 Gamespy shutdown" or something to that effect. The hardcore 20% of people will still be playing after the shutdown, but most of the casual players don't have any idea.

New people are still coming to the game from Steam, so that is a positive, and I assume Steam will keep selling it after the shutdown.
deadmeow
Community Member

Re: Suggestion

Postby Mandalore » Wed May 21, 2014 7:52 pm

You're all casuals....filthy casuals. :)
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Sketchup » Thu May 29, 2014 2:34 am

Mandy what's a good game I can move to once Battlefront is dead so that I can keep owning you?
Sketchup
Community Member

Postby Mandalore » Thu May 29, 2014 6:50 pm

My desktop is burnt out at the moment so I'm not playing any FPSes. If I recall correctly from the one time we played TF2 you aren't very good at that...next game I'll probably buy that's a AAA FPS will be SWBF3. At the moment I'm enjoying the 2004 remake of Sid Meier's Pirates but that's not multiplayer as far as I know.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby idog » Sat May 31, 2014 2:17 am

Sketchup wrote:Mandy what's a good game I can move to once Battlefront is dead so that I can keep owning you?

Well, maybe once this goes multiplayer, Sketch... http://buttonsgameonline.weebly.com/

lol
idog
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Sat May 31, 2014 2:49 am

I do agree with the first post in this thread - we need a message directing people to our preferred solution. Especially with only one day left in May. We do have a preferred solution, right?
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat May 31, 2014 4:52 am

Darth Crater wrote:I do agree with the first post in this thread - we need a message directing people to our preferred solution. Especially with only one day left in May. We do have a preferred solution, right?

nope.

unfortunately, we were counting with VA patch, but Eyes never mentioned anything. So, we were left in the air here. :-|

Yes, deadmeao is right, but I have no idea.... it seems most people here are clueless
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Draigun » Sat May 31, 2014 10:09 am

I'll shed some light into the project, and some interesting information pertaining to the shutdown.

First of all, we are roughly ~95% complete with our project, and we do plan to deploy our fix when the server shuts down.

Now, let me just say this right now: based on the information on EA's official website, GameSpy Industries' online platforms for certain 'EA' games may continue to function until June 30th, 2014.

What does this mean? According to the information, June 30th, 2014 is the new deadline for Star Wars: Battlefront II on PC and PS2 to be shut down, in response to the order from Glu Mobile.

Is this actually true? While the information initially seems honest and implies that EA will temporarily save the listed games, there is also the possibility of EA not promising what has been said, simply because there is no direct mentioning of saving these games.

Does this mean we can expect the deadline to be exact at June 30th, 2014? I personally wouldn't trust EA to uphold their decision, but seeing as how they will be releasing a new game based on the Battlefront series, it could quite possibly be that their intention is to support these older games for the sole purpose of finding a solacing relationship with previous Battlefront players.

Now, for some speculation from both Eyes Only and I: We believe that EA has struck a deal with Glu Mobile Inc. (the owner of GameSpy Industries) to allow said games to continue to function until June 30th, 2014 (an additional month, which reflects GameSpy's internal payment method—that is, a month to month fee for continued contract). We also believe this is a motive to support the Battlefront series in akin to their own upcoming Battlefront game being made by DICE. Both of these facts strengthen our theory, and provides a basis as to why EA *may* support our SWBF2 until June 30th, 2014. But, as many would feel, this is still unsettlingly news, as now—if true—we will have to hold SWBF2 for a prolonged time in its deathbed until the very end.

Regardless, we will have to wait and see (as of this post submission, 05/31/14 at 3:13 AM PST, the master server is currently UP for both PC and PS2).
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Gunner1010 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:04 pm

Thanks for the update Draigun.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby SG-17 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Well it is June 1st and the game is still up on both PS2 and PC. So are the Battlefield titles. Actually all games are still working. Maybe the deadline was extended for all titles.
SG-17
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II