FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

Postby PhazeRCIL » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:04 am

I downloaded the client side of the launcher and when I click the multiplayer and log in with the freegst password and it just freezes up. Can anyone help with this?
PhazeRCIL
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:42 pm

As a temporary solution to contact, I have included a link to a feedback / bug report form via Google:

Please use this when you want to offer your feedback or need to report something

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13K5cR4 ... =send_form
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby imaim » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:39 am

sorry, fairly a moron with this stuff...

1. I tried to connect and didn't c any servers...are there none out there or did I do something wrong?
2. What do we do with the "Server" folder that contains the "Insta" and "Normal" folders? Put those in our SM folder?

Thanks for any help!
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby Draigun » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:51 am

Did you try to go into Options -> Online, then ensured "Search all regions" is enabled? We are using the intl v1.1 client, so naturally, it will have the option set to "No" by default.

The Server folder can be left untouched if you aren't planning to host a server on FreeGST. Insta and Normal are the types of executable servers to use, with Insta meaning instant spawn (a 0.5 second spawn value to be exact) and Normal being with a 15 second standard respawn time.
Draigun
Community Member

Postby Papa Kane » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:27 am

I have the fix for the problem: Use the legendary GameMaster (http://gameshare.co/gamemaster)... :P

I have a question, Draigun: You offered a cooperation between our two projects to prevent splitting up the community, we replied and told you the conditions and never got any answer. Not that polite to us, isn't it?^^
Papa Kane
Community Member

Postby Gunner1010 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Papa Kane wrote:I have the fix for the problem: Use the legendary GameMaster (http://gameshare.co/gamemaster)... :P

I have a question, Draigun: You offered a cooperation between our two projects to prevent splitting up the community, we replied and told you the conditions and never got any answer. Not that polite to us, isn't it?^^

I've tried them all, this one works great, all servers visible. Cheers.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby imaim » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks Drai, it works...I can see Arrows competition and LR. High ping, but high ping is better than no ping/no game.
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Bryant » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:05 pm

imaim wrote:Thanks Drai, it works...I can see Arrows competition and LR. High ping, but high ping is better than no ping/no game.

Just to put it out there, because I have seen confusion in the past - your ping to the server is not affected by FreeGST, GameSpy, or any other server list. The ping is only affected by your own connection and the server you are playing on.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby Draigun » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Papa Kane wrote:I have the fix for the problem: Use the legendary GameMaster (http://gameshare.co/gamemaster)... :P

Don't take it the wrong way - I had orders from my superiors, and I followed them. I received no further orders to communicate with Gamemaster devs, so I simply left it at that. I was instructed to act as the intermediary between {VA} and whatever your clan/community is called.

Besides, I'm sure we could still work out some kind of deal, given if my superiors have indicated an evident interest in your "re-engineered GameSpy protocol" project. :lol:
Draigun
Community Member

Postby imaim » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 am

Bryant wrote:
imaim wrote:Thanks Drai, it works...I can see Arrows competition and LR. High ping, but high ping is better than no ping/no game.

Just to put it out there, because I have seen confusion in the past - your ping to the server is not affected by FreeGST, GameSpy, or any other server list. The ping is only affected by your own connection and the server you are playing on.

Ya...I realized after I posted that my wife was d/l'ing a movie. heh
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II