FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

Postby -)G(-Sawyer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:I dont get it. I downloaded the FreeGST, put it in the folder, replaced the old exe, went to steam... but when I am in the game and click on multiplayer, only one server comes up. Where is NYC or the others?

You don't need to to run Steam with this game, just saying!
"If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"
General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett
-)G(-Sawyer
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Sawyer73
Steam ID: Sawyer1701

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm having problems adding the "fix". I need step by step instructions..since I've tried the recommended instructions, and I get nothing. Thanks in advance.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby imaim » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:17 am

I've actually been using the other version because I can see the freegst servers AND the other servers. Though I like the look of the freegst better, but the more servers the better.

Btw, thanks to all who have helped with this and the servers: Bryant, Drai, Eyes, Bella and the LR folks!
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:39 am

imaim wrote:I've actually been using the other version because I can see the freegst servers AND the other servers. Though I like the look of the freegst better, but the more servers the better.

Btw, thanks to all who have helped with this and the servers: Bryant, Drai, Eyes, Bella and the LR folks!

What other version? I had Gameranger but I didn't like it. Servers with 4- 6 players max. Half of the servers are locked, no servers that I'm familiar to. I saw 2 freegst patches... one regular and the other quick spawn. My question is.. does one version have more servers than the other? And if not, why have 2 different versions? I would imagine that all players would choose the fast spawn over the old way of playing. Can some one make a post of step by step instructions on how to add freegst? I am not having any luck implementing freegst.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby deadmeow » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:05 am

Panama, download FreeGST client (SWBF2.exe) directly from this link http://freegst.org/swbf2/client/BattlefrontII.exe
The instaspawn download you see is the server file.

The "2nd" option someone was speaking of was GameMaster, which is a similar GameSpy replacement option to FreeGST, many people are using GameMaster, and there are many servers on there, and those who run the GameMaster master server are manually adding SWGO (and other) game server IP addresses, so they will currently have more servers listed on their master server (GameMaster), maybe FreeGST can do this also in the future.

For FreeGST or the other option, all you do is put the new SWBF2.exe that you download, in your Star Wars Battlefront II/GameData folder. You can actually put both master server replacements in your folder if you wish. You can name them anything for example "SWBF2-FREEGST.exe". But to run this, you must make a shortcut to this particular file, especially important for Steam users, and then start it from that shortcut.

Hope that helps.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby Bryant » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:12 am

11_Panama_ wrote:
imaim wrote:I've actually been using the other version because I can see the freegst servers AND the other servers. Though I like the look of the freegst better, but the more servers the better.

What other version? I had Gameranger but I didn't like it. Servers with 4- 6 players max. Half of the servers are locked, no servers that I'm familiar to. I saw 2 freegst patches... one regular and the other quick spawn. My question is.. does one version have more servers than the other? And if not, why have 2 different versions? I would imagine that all players would choose the fast spawn over the old way of playing. Can some one make a post of step by step instructions on how to add freegst? I am not having any luck implementing freegst.

Those are server options. There is only one client download and that's the one you want.

Download the client "battlefrontII.exe"
navigate to : C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\
--note: you may not have the (x86) thing - if you have steam, i can't help
(optional) rename battlefrontII.exe to something else
copy the file you downloaded into this folder
should be good to go
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:27 am

So Bryant....a link to 'your' version?
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Gunner1010 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:04 pm

I ran the gamemaster exe last night and no servers are showing up, the day before there were many. Using the freegst exe I had only 1 server showing up last night, previously there were 5 servers.... anyone else having that issue or are you seeing a populated server list? Thanks.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Gunner1010 wrote:I ran the gamemaster exe last night and no servers are showing up, the day before there were many. Using the freegst exe I had only 1 server showing up last night, previously there were 5 servers.... anyone else having that issue or are you seeing a populated server list? Thanks.

exactly what happened to me as well. I was thinking it was a problem with my computer or with my "installation". Good to know it wasn't just me. On the other hand, I removed gamemaster, when I installed Freegst, it worked, but very few servers showed up.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby deadmeow » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:50 pm

RIght now when I run FreeGST, 8 servers are listed. When I run GameMaster 53 servers are listed, including all 8 that are listed on FreeGST. FreeGST lists the servers instantly when you hit JOIN in multiplayer. When you hit the JOIN button in multiplayer for GameMaster it takes 5 to 8 seconds before the server list comes up, so if you don't wait, it just seems frozen, when it is not.
deadmeow
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II