FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

Postby Darth Crater » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:46 pm

deadmeow wrote:I edit Madden and Bill Walsh College Football roms for Sega Genesis all the time, and put them up for download. When it comes down to it, they are old games that nobody cares about anymore. In the case of SWBF2, nobody is posting the entire game for free (it is still for retail sale), just an edited/patched exe file to fix broken netplay for people who have already purchased it.

The fact that Steam still sells SWBF2 means that we will have a small trickle of people coming to play the game, and the Steam SWBF2 forums are busy.

Yeah, I wasn't caring about the EULA, etc at all - that comes with the modding territory, especially for an abandoned game. I was concerned about them possibly violating the license for OpenGST, which is being actively developed by "friendly" people. However, if I am interpreting the last couple of pages correctly, the program is compliant with that license. As such, I have no further objections.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:02 am

I can't download from the website. I get this: "The program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I downloaded the one from the forums (the first one) and moved it according to these instructions:

"TO FIND DIRECTORY FOR STEAM USERS: Computer/Local Disk C:/Program Files or Program Files (86x)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Star Wars Battlefront II/GamaData.

In that folder, backup the BattlefrontII.exe and put the new .exe in. Now, launch the game and see if there are any servers on. If there isn't, go to Options, in there, go to Online, and there should be something called "Show All Regions", if the red light is hovering over "No", click on "Yes". If there are no servers on, that means there are no servers on. Hope this helps!"

Then I launched the game and saw the SWBF2 FREEGST BETA TEST for 1.1 in the top right-hand corner. I did what the README told me to, but I have no servers available for me to see.

What do I do?

Thanks,
Pepsi
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby Darth Crater » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:17 am

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:Then I launched the game and saw the SWBF2 FREEGST BETA TEST for 1.1 in the top right-hand corner. I did what the README told me to, but I have no servers available for me to see.

What do I do?

Thanks,
Pepsi

You did everything perfectly. The servers aren't up yet.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:32 am

:lol:
(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote: If there are no servers on, that means there are no servers on. Hope this helps!"

Thanks,
Pepsi
:lol:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Okay, thanks! The only thing that doesn't make sense then is the message I get when I try to download from the site.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:09 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:Okay, thanks! The only thing that doesn't make sense then is the message I get when I try to download from the site.

Are you using IE?

You might be trying to directly open the file (i.e. download to temp and open).
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby SG-17 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:24 am

So looks like we don't need this just yet. For whatever reason the master list is still up and running, for all games.
SG-17
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:20 pm

omg the game is still alive!! Just came back from some vacations and I was already prepared for the bad news, but if it's still up and running... good!
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:20 pm

There are tons of EA games that run off of the Game Spy Masterserver service and they are paying month to month to keep things going.. Till when or how long... ????
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:30 pm

I happen to be using Firefox.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II