FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:52 pm

This is great! <3
Thanks for all your hard work Eyes and Drai, and whomever else helped.

@Nite, Haas: Do we have admin messages up on our servers to inform people about the impending problem and Eyes's solution?
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:29 pm

I don't know what we have set anywhere.

@Bryant : is this something you could handle?
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby haasd0gg » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:46 pm

For those of you who haven't been around since the WGO days, "free-fall" was a fraud who slipped into an administrative position, then gave up server information to malicious parties.
Trash talk all you want, boy. I'm pretty secure with my maturity level. I just don't like you.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby [NH]Shadow » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Free-Fall wrote:Nice job hopefully you can figure out the game spy log in i'll post a link when I get home with some of my own source modifications that might help. The only issue is that you used code the is licensed under gpl v2 and you didn't provide source code with your project (all of open-spy is gpl v2 inherited from Luigi Auriemma) so you might want to re-implement his binary's\code to a different license, sorry i'm really big on licensing issues and protection of opensource code. Also are you working on a query relay system to synchronize the different servers ie. freegst and master sharing to help formulate a single master server list and not have people using 10 different game-spy alternatives?

:inglesh:
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:57 pm

haasd0gg wrote:For those of you who haven't been around since the WGO days, "free-fall" was a fraud who slipped into an administrative position, then gave up server information to malicious parties.
Trash talk all you want, boy. I'm pretty secure with my maturity level. I just don't like you.

Not that this excuses his rudeness, but he does have a point about the code licenses. Those things are taken seriously in software development. Hopefully Eyes and Drai can make it compliant by the final release.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby DarthBird » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:04 pm

I transferred the exe to the GameData folder and created the shortcut on the desktop. Bam! We are in business! I love the 1 sec spawn time vs 15. Very nice tweak. :clap: I'll be on tonight around 10 if anybody wants to join. If you need someone to assist in testing let me know. I'd be happy to help. Thanks again guys!
DarthBird
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Darth Crater wrote:
haasd0gg wrote:For those of you who haven't been around since the WGO days, "free-fall" was a fraud who slipped into an administrative position, then gave up server information to malicious parties.

Not that this excuses his rudeness, but he does have a point about the code licenses. Those things are taken seriously in software development. Hopefully Eyes and Drai can make it compliant by the final release.

The problem with using proprietary code, is using it for monetary profit. 'Assuming' Eyes/Drai are doing so, is a risk they, or anyone else in the world that does it, takes. However, the 'owner' of said code(a) would have to prove financial loss in a Court of Law. Personally, I hope it's all legit as the game needs the effort of rescue that they are trying to provide, but do not condone use of property without the owner's permission provided there's a copyright involved. I certainly would be cautious using it, but SWGO directly involves itself by 'knowingly allowing it' as an outlet for software download.

Eyes/Drai have been conspicuously quiet about this, and I'd be interested to read what they have to say.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Bryant » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 pm

Free-Fall wrote:Nice job hopefully you can figure out the game spy log in i'll post a link when I get home with some of my own source modifications that might help. The only issue is that you used code the is licensed under gpl v2 and you didn't provide source code with your project (all of open-spy is gpl v2 inherited from Luigi Auriemma) so you might want to re-implement his binary's\code to a different license, sorry i'm really big on licensing issues and protection of opensource code. Also are you working on a query relay system to synchronize the different servers ie. freegst and master sharing to help formulate a single master server list and not have people using 10 different game-spy alternatives?

You can correct me if I'm wrong (I just glanced at the license), but they are not distributing any of that code so they are not required to distribute the source code.

Edit: Nite, I took care of the server messages.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby {MILL}Erik568 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:03 am

This is a little bit skipping through time BUT after when SWBF2 is fully patched, why don't we also patch a game called Master of Orion 2 - its probably the BEST Turn Based Strat. game i ever played, believe it or not people actually play this game still!

OR!

Rainbow Six: Rougespear - this game angers me to see that it is on Voobly nowadays we could make this apart of the FreeGST family, people still play it 50 - 100 daily and the gameplay isnt all that bad

NOTE: i have recorded a video on how FreeGST works and all i'm uploading now...
{MILL}Erik568
Community Member

Postby {MILL}Erik568 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 am

well i did a test run via video

here ya go!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJehFe6Zqu0[/youtube]
Last edited by {MILL}Erik568 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{MILL}Erik568
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II