FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:27 am

deadmeow wrote:Panama, download FreeGST client (SWBF2.exe) directly from this link http://freegst.org/swbf2/client/BattlefrontII.exe
The instaspawn download you see is the server file.

WD-40 wrote:So Bryant....a link to 'your' version?

:ninja:
I agree with WD, no slight to other members but I would appreciate a link posted by a Vet SWGO Admin, instead of 10 people pasting a link and saying click here :innocent:

Might I suggest a Sticky :whistling:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Voodoochild » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:41 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
Gunner1010 wrote:I ran the gamemaster exe last night and no servers are showing up, the day before there were many. Using the freegst exe I had only 1 server showing up last night, previously there were 5 servers.... anyone else having that issue or are you seeing a populated server list? Thanks.

exactly what happened to me as well. I was thinking it was a problem with my computer or with my "installation". Good to know it wasn't just me. On the other hand, I removed gamemaster, when I installed Freegst, it worked, but very few servers showed up.

I was having the same problem, asked on their website, turns out they were having an issue with their American master server.
You can just use the European 1.1 English client exe as a temporary fix (its located in the same zip file you copied the American exe from), or just play on Freegst. I just have VA and game master's exe and use whichever one has better servers up at the moment.
Sometimes I can see the servers on the VA patch while playing on game master as well, not sure why.
Col. Hstar wrote: :ninja:
I agree with WD, no slight to other members but I would appreciate a link posted by a Vet SWGO Admin, instead of 10 people pasting a link and saying click here :innocent:

Might I suggest a Sticky :whistling:

Or just go to page 1 of this thread.
Voodoochild
Community Member

Xfire: -
Steam ID: ^voodoochild^
Origin ID: vo0d0ochild

Postby [NH]Shadow » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:32 pm

So...I downloaded GST, installed it, yet I only see about 10 servers (none of them SWGO), although the GameMaster server list tells me that there are 30-ish servers up...what am I doing wrong & why can't I see all the servers :wacko: .
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby Voodoochild » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:40 pm

[NH]Shadow wrote:So...I downloaded GST, installed it, yet I only see about 10 servers (none of them SWGO), although the GameMaster server list tells me that there are 30-ish servers up...what am I doing wrong & why can't I see all the servers :wacko: .

Gamemaster just has more servers connected than VA does atm. You didn't do anything wrong. Dont search to set online option to search all regions again.
Voodoochild
Community Member

Xfire: -
Steam ID: ^voodoochild^
Origin ID: vo0d0ochild

Postby Pogobuken » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:34 pm

I wanted to thank all the folks that worked on the FreeGST patch. I loaded it last week and it works well. I now see the SWGO New Hope server and am hopeful to see the other servers soon. Thanks guys! BTW - I normally play as Who, but that username is usually too short to meet requirements for most online accounts. :lol:

Hope to see you folks online soon. Thanks for keeping the online experience alive. :gun_bandana:
Pogobuken
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:05 pm

As soon as I have this baby I need to bug matt about adding more forum features. I would LOVE to add a "Thanks" feature that way we can thank people. Also want to add Tapatalk.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby FaiL.? » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:49 pm

I commemorate Draigun's and Eyes' efforts to keep this game alive, bravo. Personally I've moved on from the game, building a new PC so I can run Skyrim, BF3, and Arma 3 without problems. So excited.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby [NH]Shadow » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:18 pm

So...where do I download the gamemaster patch, and are there more servers up on that patch?
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby Viking2525 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Go HERE and look at the top right of the page under DOWNLOAD GAMEFILES. I just got everything in place and I can see a lot of the old servers. :clap:
Viking2525
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Viking2525 wrote:Go HERE and look at the top right of the page under DOWNLOAD GAMEFILES. I just got everything in place and I can see a lot of the old servers. :clap:

Went to the link, downloaded it, installed as instructed, and all I get when I start the game is:
Loading.jpg
Loading.jpg (34.71 KiB) Viewed 4664 times

Doesn't seem to want to finish..Many minutes roll by and no change.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II