FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: FreeGST *BETA* Release v0.9u1

Postby KOko » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:04 am

Papa Kane wrote:I have the fix for the problem: Use the legendary GameMaster (http://gameshare.co/gamemaster)... :P

I have a question, Draigun: You offered a cooperation between our two projects to prevent splitting up the community, we replied and told you the conditions and never got any answer. Not that polite to us, isn't it?^^

Using SWGO forums to promote your solution is neither polite, nor a cooperation.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Papa Kane » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Draigun wrote:Don't take it the wrong way - I had orders from my superiors, and I followed them. I received no further orders to communicate with Gamemaster devs, so I simply left it at that. I was instructed to act as the intermediary between {VA} and whatever your clan/community is called.

Understandable.

Draigun wrote:Besides, I'm sure we could still work out some kind of deal, given if my superiors have indicated an evident interest in your "re-engineered GameSpy protocol" project. :lol:

For sure! xD

Gunner1010 wrote:I've tried them all, this one works great, all servers visible. Cheers.

Nice to hear, thank you!

KOko wrote:Using SWGO forums to promote your solution is neither polite, nor a cooperation.

I can promote "our solution" when and where I want. I thought both of our contries are free countries, aren't they? But which solution you use is absolutely not important...
And I don't have to be polite, I am German, you know? Blitzkrieg, Boom-boom? Why I should have to be polite, brother? Just kidding...^^
Papa Kane
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Actually, unless Haas or Matt feel so inclined to allow you I can DENY you the ability to promote YOUR solution. We have been working with Eyes Only and associates on the FreeGST solution for quite some time and that is the solution we've chosen...

If you don't quit advertising or pushing us I will feel so inclined to delete your posts and prevent you from posting more.

*digs in the drawer for the wooden spoon*
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Bryant » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:35 pm

SWGO A New Hope is now on FreeGST!

Look to see HA coming up in several days if approved by Hypernia

Currently FreeGST is the chosen automatic solution for SWGO servers. I am looking into getting it listed manually on different master servers as well - (need to investigate if the listing will stay up after a server restart)
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby NiteRunner81 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:58 pm

I apologize for coming across as hasty, but ever since we have known about the impending GameSpy shut down we have had every solution shoved down our throats and championed for. We chose a solution (FreeGST) made by our own guys and STILL we had everyone and their dink brother poking "use this one" or "use that one" and some of our devs have very picky taste as what code they want to work with. It just seems like once a week at least we're pounding our heads on our keyboards and hoping one day that everyone will just shut up and let our choice be OUR choice...

If for some reason we find some kinks in the adoption process of course we will revisit the menu of choices (including your own) and let you know if we need our help.

And not that this is an excuse, but a lot of admins, and lead admins are out for summer, personal reasons, et al.. I myself am 34 weeks pregnant...

fun times huh?
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Papa Kane wrote:I can promote "our solution" when and where I want. I thought both of our contries are free countries, aren't they?

We live in a free country, yes, but it has never been a secret that SWGO is NOT a democracy.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby deadmeow » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Democracy has nothing to do with freedom. :gun_bandana:
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:54 pm

I dont get it. I downloaded the FreeGST, put it in the folder, replaced the old exe, went to steam... but when I am in the game and click on multiplayer, only one server comes up. Where is NYC or the others?
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:00 pm

ok I just did what Draigun said to imaim but I see Jedi Battle Area with a different title "SWGO/WGO Jedi Battle Arena" ... is that ours? I thought JBA was dead. And I dont see NYC or NH. After doing what Drai said, only a few more servers showed up but tons are missing.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Papa Kane » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:13 pm

It was just a joke, brothers and sisters, no reason for any dispute, okay? It is not easy to transfer my kind of humor into an language that is not my native.

The choice do not matter, my only goal was to get an answer from Draigun: worked well (better than I expected). It is absolutely not relevant if you use GameMaster or FreeGST or some other f***ing solution, as they are just a replacement for the masterservers (with some differences, but basically both projects are the same). You can join a FreeGST hosted server with GameMaster or a GM server with FreeGST. The ONLY IMPORTANT aspect (and this is what WE want no matter what the cost) is to exchange the listed server data, so that any user can join any server, no matter if he is using FreeGST or GameMaster. This is no war and even with different solutions we do not have to split up or shut down one project.

This is the kind of cooperation we want. We request nothing less and nothing more.
Papa Kane
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II