(s)WGO was the first and last server I ever played on

All information and activities related to SWBF2

(s)WGO was the first and last server I ever played on

Postby Sketchup » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Just wanted to express my appreciation for all the free server space and unlimited supply of raging noobs over the years.

[10 | 31 | 05] - [7 | 26 | 2014]

RIP

Sketchup
Community Member

Re: (s)WGO was the first and last server I ever played on

Postby Derpy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:24 pm

And you were my very last kill Sketch! :mrgreen:
(Before I had to leave to re-balance my car tires..)
I make Trance, let me know what you think! http://youtu.be/tTDUECznZpo
Derpy
Community Member

Xfire: morkintash
Steam ID: Morkintash

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:40 pm

lol sketch.... just download Eye's update. Hopefully most people will do the same :lol: Well, I am not sure if everyone will download it or not... but if they don't, it was a pleasure playing with all of you. I joined this game in its last years and I had countless hours of fun with many of you. It sure is sad to see it go like this, but I look forward to blasting all of you in the next battlefront series! :fight2: :gun_bandana:

by the way.......

Official last ban of Hero Assault:

Human Reason: Glitching (1 week) Banned: July 26 9:49:47 2014

He's a fake human by the way :lol:

Official last ban of NYC:
!likebottomside Reason: unknown reason permanent Banned: July 26 11:26:48 2014

Official last ban of NH:
BWAHAHAHAAAAA Reason: evading bans in HA. Thank you. Bye bye. Banned: July 25 17:07:21 2014
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:47 pm

CommanderOtto wrote: It sure is sad to see it go like this, but I look forward to blasting all of you in the next battlefront series! :fight2: :gun_bandana:
[/quote]

Yep looking forward to the next chapter in SWBF and no doubt I'll see a lot of you there, if not then thanks for the good times or in some cases not so good times. Until this game appears then I'll try Eye's program and continue my PVPing in SWTOR.

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Bryant » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:54 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:lol sketch.... just download Eye's update. Hopefully most people will do the same :lol:

I'm hoping SWGO servers will be able to switch to Eye's patch within the week - it will take a little time before we can get our server providers to make the necessary changes. Please fell free to download Eye's patch, in the mean time and play on any servers that have already made the switch. I also believe he is working on an easy installer, for the less technology inclined.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:26 pm

^ that would mean me.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby deadmeow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Just tested out FreeGST, and there were a few servers on there. Tested out GameMaster, and most of the GameSpy servers are still listed, including SWGO, but only about 4 or 5 people total playing, on a private server.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby stelio » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Official last ban of Hero Assault:

Human Reason: Glitching (1 week) Banned: July 26 9:49:47 2014

He's a fake human by the way :lol:

It was funny.. i think that HUMAN(fake) was Alex... to that time there were 3 HUMANS in game LOL all saying i am the real one.. no iam.. no iam.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Official last ban of NYC:
!likebottomside Reason: unknown reason permanent Banned: July 26 11:26:48 2014

Official last ban of NH:
BWAHAHAHAAAAA Reason: evading bans in HA. Thank you. Bye bye. Banned: July 25 17:07:21 2014
[/quote]
stelio
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:16 am

deadmeow wrote:Just tested out FreeGST, and there were a few servers on there. Tested out GameMaster, and most of the GameSpy servers are still listed, including SWGO, but only about 4 or 5 people total playing, on a private server.

SWGO isn't officially on any list. They are simply manually adding the popular servers on there with only the IP and port. This does mitigate the separation between competing masterserver emulation teams, but at the same time, it also steps over boundaries. There are now people who can easily connect to SWGO's servers through an adware program, without SWGO's consent. GameShare (gameshare.info) is also doing this, from my testing.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby deadmeow » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:43 am

The SWGO servers IP addresses are public information, so I do not think this is a problem for GameMaster to manually add them. I would hope that GameMaster and FreeGST both manually add all the SWBF2 servers you can find. We need things to be simple if we want to keep people playing this game in decent numbers.

At this point, maybe it is a good idea to manually write down the SWGO servers IP address in bathroom stalls to get more players (joke, don't do this).
deadmeow
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II