I will be boycotting the freeGST patch. Here's why.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

I will be boycotting the freeGST patch. Here's why.

Postby Sketchup » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:11 pm

http://gameshare.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55

The gamemaster U.S. servers are currently down due to DNS flooding (DDoS attack). Gee, I wonder who could have done such a thing?

I was willing to give your patch a fair shot and probably would have accepted it if you had used fair competitive tactics to gain an edge. Illegal DDoS attacks are not a good way to buy goodwill in the SWBF2 community. I would also encourage SWGO, a community which has never had to hack in order to be successful, to boycott them as well.

I'm sure that they will deny all of these claims, but we all know that VA is the only party with an incentive to DDoS Gamemaster's servers.

Sketchup
Community Member

Re: I will be boycotting the freeGST patch. Here's why.

Postby Eyes Only » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Sketchup wrote:http://gameshare.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55

The gamemaster U.S. servers are currently down due to DNS flooding (DDoS attack). Gee, I wonder who could have done such a thing?

I was willing to give your patch a fair shot and probably would have accepted it if you had used fair competitive tactics to gain an edge. Illegal DDoS attacks are not a good way to buy goodwill in the SWBF2 community. I would also encourage SWGO, a community which has never had to hack in order to be successful, to boycott them as well.

I'm sure that they will deny all of these claims, but we all know that VA is the only party with an incentive to DDoS Gamemaster's servers.

Before you go assuming things and pointing fingers like a child in a playground, maybe you should do a tiny bit of research first.

FreeGST and Gamemaster target different markets. We aren't competitors. FreeGST targets swbfront2 specifically, Gamemaster targets the Gamespy community as a whole. There's a whole host of other games they support, and probably ended up making a lot of enemies. I'd rather see Gamemaster's success, they simply have more resources. Until they support natneg though, I'm going to try my hardest to provide a service that does.

Gamemaster is far superior to FreeGST in many aspects. We don't know many details, though we were planning on working with them. We felt we weren't able to help them currently, as we aren't skilled in the languages they're using for their software. their software is custom and integrated with their website and such. The only thing FreeGST has above their implementation is Natneg which handles connecting to things behind a NAT. We felt the decision not to prioritize Natneg was stupid, so decided to continue with FreeGST. Aside from that, I have great respect for all of the work they've done thus far.

Do unto others as you'd want done unto you. You used to always threaten to DoS things, how do we know it wasn't you doing the attacking just because of some personal vendetta against me? Weren't you spouting on about how EA cares about your facebook likes and will save the game? I recall laughing at you. Where's your EA now?
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby Draigun » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:34 pm

EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:26 am

Why do we let this clown post insulting threads on our forums? All I see is sarcastic rubbish spewing from this guy all the time. It's time to take out the garbage... and Sketchup, back up your words with evidence. You come off like a little kid looking for attention. I hope this is the last time this knob shine is allowed here.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:01 am

Wow.. how bold of you, Sketchup...

Don't you realize that GameMaster supplies a wider array of game servers than just SWBF2? Don't you realize that some of us (and I consider myself a VA ALLY) actually play those games? We don't like cutting off our own nuts. How about you consider the fact that EA may be DDOSing GameMaster themselves as a way to get everyone to buy their new games... Seems like a bigger possibility than our own little group that is hosting JUST ONE GAME!!!!
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Voodoochild » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:11 am

Voodoochild
Community Member

Xfire: -
Steam ID: ^voodoochild^
Origin ID: vo0d0ochild

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:03 am

Dangit, you got me.

I have it going so that you would figure it out and boycott freeGST and eventually SWGO itself so we would be rid of you. Also did it to preempt your planned DDOS strike on gamemaster to smear us.

Looks like I succeeded, darn.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Sketchup » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm

FreeGST and Gamemaster target different markets.

Which would perfectly explain why only the SWBF2 servers in America were affected for Gamemaster. In another threat, VA expressed their distaste at the fact that Gamemaster had preconfigured all of the servers so that they were already listed on the client.

They are simply manually adding the popular servers on there with only the IP and port. This does mitigate the separation between competing masterserver emulation teams, but at the same time, it also steps over boundaries. There are now people who can easily connect to SWGO's servers through an adware program

There is an obvious incentive for calamity here, and even our friend Draigun knows it. The fact that you are denying the plausibility of my accusations (I don't have proof, yet.) only makes you look more suspicious.

You used to always threaten to DoS things

Cool story, except you are the only only party with the knowledge and the incentive to do so. I have zero vendetta against you, but I can smell a skunk from a mile away.
Sketchup
Community Member

Postby Sketchup » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 pm

And also

EA may be DDOSing GameMaster themselves as a way to get everyone to buy their new games

The ridiculousness of this claim just makes it clear that Niterunner is a co-conspirator to whatever is going on here. I foresee this thread being locked in 3....2....1....
Sketchup
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:49 pm

sorry sketch, I do like your sarcasm, but this time you are being stupid and an a-hole.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II