You know you've played too long when...

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: You know you've played too long when...

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:10 am

stelio wrote:
Btw i was lately in the Us .. Georgia to be exactly all people were kind to me, black +white ... But some people told me stupid things about blacks (jokes, and so on.. I guess they feel free to say that to me a german Racist) i banned them from my sight

So yes there is racism issue in ur country

Best regards and peace

Please don't judge our countrys bias or intelligence level based on Georgia.

...and if we outlawed belts, Robin Williams would still be with us.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby [NH]Shadow » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:35 am

haasd0gg wrote:
Please don't judge our countrys bias or intelligence level based on Georgia.

LOL.

? If guns weren't available, they'd just use something else. When someone is abjectly despair enough to kill themselves, I don't think they'd care whether it's a gun or a rope (sorry that sounded a bit morbid).
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:04 am

[NH]Shadow wrote:
FaiL.? wrote:But in agreeing with Stelio, there are waaaay too many gun deaths in this country, because of way too many guns. The average is 50,000 in America. That's the population of some whole countries.
And okay WD, how do you explain the choking murder of a black man in NYC? BY A COP FOR NO REASON

Ok. So, the US bans civilian ownership of guns, demands a forced resale of civilian guns to the government. Do you think criminals (the people causing most of the gun deaths) are going to comply? Of course not. Even if civilian gun ownership was illegal in the US, there would still be criminal gun violence. Criminals aren't going to obey if a ban on guns happens. That's why they're called CRIMINALS! Because they break the law!

Guns are an integral part of the US way of life, your constitution allows this, people idolise guns, people own guns for self defense and it is big business over there. You are right criminals won't give up their guns but I suspect the public would not either so you are in the ever widening circle of buying guns (bigger, better, more lethal and keeping more in stock) to protect yourself against each other and not just criminals. Where does it end? It does not, it simply keeps growing and spreading throughout society like a virus and invading the everyday way of life. I am not a US citizen, I'm not here to disrespect your way of life but equally so I cannot say I agree with keeping guns. Weapons are prevalent in your society much like other countries that have similar issues except guns make the news significantly more that other weapon related incidents. It's not the land of honey and promise where I live except we don't come across the public carrying fire-arms, that's not to say criminals don't carry weapons but in general it's not the norm over here.

In war-time you need the ability to defend yourself but not during peace-time. Unfortunately it appears peace has taken a back seat to violence these days so here we are, the world is alight with conflict, the US is just another statistic in the global theatre of violence and death.

Your constitution should have been amended years ago but it was not, hence the reason why there is such a situation today over there. Good luck getting things back on track.

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby stelio » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:02 pm

[NH]Shadow wrote:In regard to shot count, haas summed it up nicely: center mass, pull trigger until 'click'. :gunsmilie:
Edit: And damn, Zimmerman wasn't guilty...he was defending himself.

Rember Nate!!!! teasing players.. by tk,ks, Tbag and so on..... and when they try to defend their selfs.. nate make screenshots/videos.. come over here crying HE got harrast!!!!! well zimmerman= Nate syndrome!!!!

and sorry if i offend some1 with my mind here... but Gezzuz people i dont say ban guns.. but if u need a freaking gun in your dayly activities, or to protect your family.. then you just dont believe in your jurstice system!!..... criminals are not a RACE, you are NOT born Criminal( exeptions: bankers, corrupt C.O.psycho.. and os on you get the point . that is greeeeeeed and buttholesness. )... they has been turnto the Criminal site of the society for need, if a man have TO sell DRUGS to feed his family cos he dit got any education, or lost tons of money because he or some1 in his family got sick..and have to paid $1000 ssss for a treatment!! he is a criminal too? right!! we dont have extream criminal violence because of our social system...!! its way cheaper and safer... for a society.. the day germany stop his social system.. i know we will have similar crime as in the US.. i have been in east european countrys(WHITE POPULATIONS) and crime there its way higher then here.. because they cant afford a social system!!!

the crime statistics from Citys,villages in Germany on the Poland/Czech R. Border increase every year!! people there have guns!! but until now 0 Deaths, criminals steal cars,bikes, robbery ... criminals are WHITE from east euroean countries, that doesnt mean if a polish guy walk close to me, that i feel threatened and shoot him!!

Maybe intead of buying guns... surveillance camaras, higher punishments... you should think why those people turn into the crime site of the Force, crime,racism, hate, are symptoms of a illness in a society my two cents...

this my LAST POST.. and SORRY AGAIN if i may offend you guys..

may the force be with you all :th_a017:
stelio
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm agree completely Kren.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Darth Crater » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:24 pm

[NH]Shadow wrote:? If guns weren't available, they'd just use something else. When someone is abjectly despair enough to kill themselves, I don't think they'd care whether it's a gun or a rope (sorry that sounded a bit morbid).

No, there is a huge difference. Read the source I linked in my previous post. Most suicides are spur-of-the-moment decisions, and it's actually much easier and simpler to kill yourself with a gun than with other methods.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Quick figures from some internet searching...

Far more people kill themselves with a firearm each year than are murdered with one. In 2010 in the U.S., 19,392 people committed suicide with guns, compared with 11,078 who were killed by others. - This is from your Harvard site Crater.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/magazine-fe ... dden-toll/

...from the Violence Policy Center states that “for the five-year period 2007 through 2011, the total number of self-protective behaviors involving a firearm by victims of attempted or completed violent crimes or property crimes totaled only 338,700.” That comes to an annual average of 67,740 — not nothing, but nowhere near the N.R.A.’s 2 million or 2.5 million.
http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... e-gun-use/

So, suicides is 20000 a year, saves is 67000 a year. So let's screw the 47000 who obey the law and only want to protect themselves so we can "save" 20000 a year who want to die. Good logic. And don't bother with anymore crap statics or studies because my 5' tall 90lb wife walks through a mall parking lot and her hand is on her gun in her purse. She is safer with than without and that's just how it is.

I think what needs to be explained is why do black people seem so quick to violence?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/v ... prank.html
Perhaps instead of diversity training for whites there needs to be coping skills taught to our "urban youths".

This topic is has been completely hijacked.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby WD-40 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Hijacked? Not completely MD. My angle was talking about all the crap that has been going on in Ferguson, MO and surrounding 'hoods'. So guns, racism, false police accusations, and stealing [poo] are its main points. Gun and crime statistics and discussion are great information to share.

Now Obama wants a review as to why the government is selling military grade weaponry to Police Departments...could it be because civilians have them? I think it was back in the early 80s that some FBI Agents were outgunned using revolvers and shotguns against 2 guys on PCP using assault rifles and flack jackets. Two Agents died. That was the wakeup call for the FBI to upgrade their weaponry and tactics. Why not police departments?
Last edited by WD-40 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby WD-40 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Now this is partly off topic...

By Maureen Dowd

FORE! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.

I know reporters didn’t get a chance to ask questions, but I had to bounce. I had a 1 p.m. tee time at Vineyard Golf Club with Alonzo Mourning and a part-owner of the Boston Celtics. Hillary and I agreed when we partied with Vernon Jordan up here, hanging out with celebrities and rich folks is fun.

Now we are engaged in a great civil divide in Ferguson, which does not even have a golf course, and that’s why I had a “logistical” issue with going there. We are testing whether that community, or any community so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure when the nation’s leader wants nothing more than to sink a birdie putt.

We are met on a great field of that battle, not Augusta, not Pebble Beach, not Bethpage Black, not Burning Tree, but Farm Neck Golf Club in Martha’s Vineyard, which we can’t get enough of — me, Alonzo, Ray Allen and Marvin Nicholson, my trip director and favorite golfing partner who has played 134 rounds and counting with me.

We have to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for my presidency, if I keep swinging from behind.

Yet it is altogether fitting and proper that I should get to play as much golf as I want, despite all the lame jokes about how golf is turning into “a real handicap” for my presidency and how I have to “stay the course” with ISIL. I’ve heard all the carping that I should be in the Situation Room droning and plinking the bad folks. I know some people think I should go to Ferguson. Don’t they understand that I’ve delegated the Martin Luther King Jr. thing to Eric Holder? Plus, Valerie Jarrett and Al Sharpton have it under control.

I know it doesn’t look good to have pictures of me grinning in a golf cart juxtaposed with ones of James Foley’s parents crying, and a distraught David Cameron rushing back from his vacation after only one day, and the Pentagon news conference with Chuck Hagel and General Dempsey on the failed mission to rescue the hostages in Syria.

We’re stuck in the rough, going to war all over again in Iraq and maybe striking Syria, too. Every time Chuck says ISIL is “beyond anything we’ve ever seen,” I sprout seven more gray hairs. But my cool golf caps cover them. If only I could just play through the rest of my presidency.

ISIL brutally killing hostages because we won’t pay ransoms, rumbles of coups with our puppets in Iraq and Afghanistan, the racial caldron in Ferguson, the Ebola outbreak, the Putin freakout — there’s enough awful stuff going on to give anyone the yips.

So how can you blame me for wanting to unwind on the course or for five hours at dinner with my former assistant chef? He’s a great organic cook, and he’s got a gluten-free backyard putting green.

But, in a larger sense, we can dedicate, we can consecrate, we can hallow this ground where I can get away from my wife, my mother-in-law, Uncle Joe, Congress and all the other hazards in my life.

The brave foursomes, living and dead, who struggled here in the sand, in the trees, in the water, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or subtract a few strokes to improve our score. Bill Clinton was Mr. Mulligan, and he is twice at popular as I am.

The world will little note, nor long remember, what we shot here, or why I haven’t invited a bunch of tiresome congressmen to tee it up. I’m trying to relax, guys. So I’d much rather stay in the bunker with my usual bros.

Why don’t you play 18 with Mitch McConnell? And John Boehner is a lot better than me, so I don’t want to play with him.

It is for us, the duffers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who played here have thus far so nobly advanced to get young folks to stop spurning a game they find slow and boring.

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us of getting rid of our slice on the public’s dime — that from this honored green we take increased devotion to that cause for which Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy gave their last full measure of devotion — and divots.

We here highly resolve that these golfing greats shall not have competed in vain, especially poor Tiger, and that this nation, under par, shall have a new birth of freedom to play the game that I have become unnaturally obsessed with, and that golf of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

So help me Golf.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Darth Crater » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:18 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:Quick figures from some internet searching...

Far more people kill themselves with a firearm each year than are murdered with one. In 2010 in the U.S., 19,392 people committed suicide with guns, compared with 11,078 who were killed by others. - This is from your Harvard site Crater.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/magazine-fe ... dden-toll/

...from the Violence Policy Center states that “for the five-year period 2007 through 2011, the total number of self-protective behaviors involving a firearm by victims of attempted or completed violent crimes or property crimes totaled only 338,700.” That comes to an annual average of 67,740 — not nothing, but nowhere near the N.R.A.’s 2 million or 2.5 million.
http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... e-gun-use/

So, suicides is 20000 a year, saves is 67000 a year. So let's screw the 47000 who obey the law and only want to protect themselves so we can "save" 20000 a year who want to die. Good logic. And don't bother with anymore crap statics or studies because my 5' tall 90lb wife walks through a mall parking lot and her hand is on her gun in her purse. She is safer with than without and that's just how it is.

I think what needs to be explained is why do black people seem so quick to violence?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/v ... prank.html
Perhaps instead of diversity training for whites there needs to be coping skills taught to our "urban youths".

This topic is has been completely hijacked.

Thank you for the information. Sadly the VPC does not explain how often "self-protective behaviors involving a firearm" translates to "a firearm prevented this crime and no other method would have." I suppose that's difficult to judge, though. You'd have to sort out how often the gun actually prevented injury/death, and then compare it to prevention rates when using other methods.

I'm not making a broad argument for or against gun ownership here, though. Just making a factual correction to Shadow's claim that criminals are the cause of most gun deaths.

I do have an issue with your attitude toward mental illness. It's just that, illness. Depression is treatable, and those firearm suicides could theoretically have been saved. And after treatment, they would be happy that they didn't have access to such an easy method of killing themselves.

Fake edit @ WD-40: FYI, Obama's taken a third as much vacation time as Bush did. Not that presidential "vacations" mean they've stopped working, anyway. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... arack-oba/
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II