Well.... Flyswamper finally found his wayward CD-keycode

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Well.... Flyswamper finally found his wayward CD-keycode

Postby Flyswamper » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Carry over from the old forums...

But I'm happy to report that I found my wayward CD-keycode for SWBFII that I talked about in the old forums.

Some of you may recall that I had a virus problem and ended up re-installing WinXP on my main gaming computer and then I couldn't find my SWBFII cd-key to re-install it. I still had the game installed on my kitchen computer, but didn't have a valid key that I'd bought for the other (main) computer.

Well.... I had continued computer troubles it seems an the Power supply went out on my kitchen computer. This resulted in just scrapping that kitchen computer and getting mamma-Fly a new one for the kitchen. Which resulted in a mad scramble to find lots of long-lost CD's and registration keys. In the search process, I ended up finding another old stash of CD/DVDs and registration codes. Included in those were both my original cd-key codes for SWBFII....

Only trouble now is that when I went to install SWBFII on the new kitchen computer (Vista......I think Home Premium) I just ran into some error message that wouldn't even let the install process get started. :(

Did a bit of quick google searching but didn't find any obvious solutions to get the install going.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Well.... Flyswamper finally found his wayward CD-keycode

Postby KOko » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Try installing as Administrator (right click on Install/Setup.exe located probably on the root of your CD/DVD disk and choose "Run as Administrator")

Also posting here the error you got will help much :ugeek:
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Flyswamper » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:35 pm

KOko wrote:Try installing as Administrator (right click on Install/Setup.exe located probably on the root of your CD/DVD disk and choose "Run as Administrator")

Also posting here the error you got will help much :ugeek:

Yeah...I did try installing as administrator. I also know that it would be more help posting the exact erorr message. Trouble is that I did this several days ago and my early-stage alzheimers is kicking in (I'm kidding btw......but I don't recall the exact message). I'll try it again sometime soon and report here the details to see if you guys have any thoughts....
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm a tech n00b, but congrats on finding your CB keys!
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Jango_Fred » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Browse to the optical drive and right click the installer and run it in XP compatibility mode.
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Eyes Only » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:05 pm

vista has mixer disabled by default... (vista sucks, why would anyone wan to run that!?) battlefront 2 will not run unless you enable the mixer or disable your sound card. or, a better solution, format your hard drive and install xp, youll avoid countless headaches...
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II